• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live streamers on youtube that are at MK will be on it / have ridden it. Can do a search and find them

Paul Rudd is the Narrator now
Nothing currently. However I did notice that on Cory Meets World stream last night they had the narration for Stitches Great Escape. That definitely wasn’t there last week when I rode it. They must have been getting the new audio ready

Nothing currently. However I did notice that on Cory Meets World stream last night they had the narration for Stitches Great Escape. That definitely wasn’t there last week when I rode it. They must have been getting the new audio ready

Rope Drop will have it. he's ridden it 3 times. Can rewind stream to find it.

BREAKING: “Tiana’s Bayou Adventure” Ride Announced to Replace Splash Mountain, Disney Officially Gives Opening Timeframe

During the Essence Festival of Culture in New Orleans today, Disney announced that the replacement of Splash Mountain inspired by “The Princess and the Frog” will be called Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

splash-mountain-princess-and-the-frog-retheme-announcement-concept-art_3.jpg

The new ride will replace Splash Mountain at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. The story of the ride is that Tiana, with Naveen and Louis, sets off on a journey to host a unique Mardi Gras party. Guests will be “active participants” in the ride and it will end with the “ultimate Mardi Gras party.”

the-princess-and-the-frog-splash-mountain-retheme-concept-art

The attraction will have new music inspired by the film’s soundtrack. There will be new characters alongside the characters from the animated movie. Based on silhouettes of characters in the concept art, at least some may be redressed audio-animatronics from Splash Mountain. Read more about the inspiration behind Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Disney did not announce when Splash Mountain will close, but Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open in late 2024. Tiana’s voice actress Anika Noni Rose accidentally leaked this timeframe a few weeks ago.

The “Tiana Reimagined” panel later today will showcase “news of ‘Princess and the Frog’, and reveal of Tiana’s new look,” so may have more information about the ride.

Last edited:

Me too. I think it’s strange to remove it. Tianas bayou mountain sounds weird though. Don’t know my geography that well but I don’t thonk bayous and mountains go together.

Well, that's true, but they can go anywhere. It could have been "Tiana's Journey to Splash Mountain" - at least if they didn't want to downplay that name. Bayou probably is better and makes more sense really. As long as they do it up right and it's not 90% screens, I don't care.

Well, that's true, but they can go anywhere. It could have been "Tiana's Journey to Splash Mountain" - at least if they didn't want to downplay that name. Bayou probably is better and makes more sense really. As long as they do it up right and it's not 90% screens, I don't care.
That's how I feel too. Splash has been in a rough shape for a LONG time with broken animatronics and effects so while I would've prefer they fixed those issues, I'm fine with the retheme as long as it's not entirely screen based. The 2024 opening date does make me slightly concerned as that's not a lot of time to completely retheme the ride.

‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

9FFED318-0B22-473D-87FB-CAB84C8CDF97.jpeg

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure artwork

First announced in 2020, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take guests on a musical adventure inspired by the beloved story and characters from the fan-favorite film. Picking up where the film left off, guests will join Princess Tiana, Naveen and jazz-loving alligator Louis on an adventure through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration where everyone is welcome. Along the way, guests will encounter familiar faces, make new friends and travel through the bayou to original music inspired by songs from the film as they are brought into the next chapter of Tiana’s story.

Last edited:
That's how I feel too. Splash has been in a rough shape for a LONG time with broken animatronics and effects so while I would've prefer they fixed those issues, I'm fine with the retheme as long as it's not entirely screen based. The 2024 opening date does make me slightly concerned as that's not a lot of time to completely retheme the ride.
Honestly preparing for over 50% being screen based / non moving figures (being disappointed). It's got a high bar to reach to satisfy lot of people.

Honestly preparing for over 50% being screen based / non moving figures (being disappointed). It's got a high bar to reach to satisfy lot of people.
Yeah I think I'm going to lower my expectations for this. Not only does the ride have to be rethemed, but so do the gift shops, playground, queue and bathrooms. That's a lot of work and not a ton of time.

The thing is, they really need to nail it to silence the detractors. If they do, then people will be shut up about it.
exactly. I hope it turns out to be a must ride attraction (mean it still has the drop...), but if the rest of the 11 minutes is meh, then this will be a failure.

I don't know why but I'm slightly optimistic about this. The end of 2024 is a long way away. The ride system is already completely built so I think they have plenty of time to do a quality retheme in that time. It's not like the animatronics in Splash Mountain super advanced. So as long as the ride isn't all screens I think on a technical level it's pretty easy to surpass what was in Splash Mountain. Hopefully all the pieces and music will work together and fall in place and make this a great ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter