• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have misread but I thought that they general discussion was that they predisclose. If they asked and were told no that’s a different story and I agree

Disneyland News:

Testing on Pirates of the Caribbean Begins as Walls Come Down in Blue Bayou at Disneyland

The walls covering the view of Pirates of the Caribbean’s refurbishment (which we’ve been giving updates on here) are now removed, thus revealing the lovely bayou scene behind, and that testing is underway ahead of the attraction’s reopening.

Pirates of the Caribbean is set to reopen July 1. Construction appears to be on schedule as empty boats can be seen testing and sailing past guests as they eat at Blue Bayou Restaurant.

1656637821546.jpeg

New Menu Debuts at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano in Disney’s Hollywood Studios

An updated menu has debuted at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

mama-melrose-food.jpeg

The new items include Fried Fresh Mozzarella ($11) as an appetizer and Grilled Bone-In Pork Chop ($28) as an entrée.

The Mama’s Italian Pasta ($21) entrées have been updated. They are now fettuccini instead of spaghetti, tossed with roasted tomatoes and garlic, artichokes, butter, and white wine sauce. Guests can add chicken ($24) or shrimp ($29) to the dish. Spaghetti is still available in separate entrées.

Finally, here are all the new desserts:
  • Mini Cannoli Trio: Orange Cream, Caramel Butterscotch, and Traditional Cannoli with Chocolate Chips garnished with Chocolate Sauce and Powdered Sugar – $10
  • Colors of Italy Cheesecake: Lemon Cheesecake layered with a Raspberry Marmalade and Olive Oil Cake topped with a Whipped Raspberry Panna Cotta and finished with a Raspberry Basil Sauce. Garnished with halves of Sparkle Fresh Raspberries – $8
  • Mama’s Cookies To Go: An assorted box of cookies and biscotti: Lemon Crinkle Cookie, Pine Nut Cookie, Butter Cookie with Nonpareils, and Double Chocolate Almond Biscotti – $11.50
  • Blueberry Frangipane Tart: Blueberry Frangipane in a Vanilla Tart Shell with a Blueberry Compote topped with a Pistachio Powder and Pistachio Brittle – $9

Disney Refuses to Disclose What’s In the $5,000 Star Wars Drink on the Disney Wish

Disney is apparently reluctant to tell the media what’s actually in the drink. Multiple members of the media have asked what is in the Kaiburr Crystal drink and Disney has refused to answer. An odd choice for a media cruise that is intended to produce positive stories (and bookings) for the brand new ship. As of right now, the only description that Disney has given is the official menu listing, which says that the drink is “the galaxy’s rarest and valuable cocktail”.

If you use the Force, you'll figure it out.

Pride Month Photo Ops to Remain in Place Through July at Walt Disney World

As Pride Month draws to a close, Disney World has just announced that the pride photo op walls that guests can find at the Walt Disney World theme parks will remain in place through July:
Guests can find Pride Month photo ops at the following locations:

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Grand Avenue
  • EPCOT – Near Journey Into Imagination with Figment
  • Magic Kingdom – Purple Wall in Tomorrowland
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom – across from Tiffins Restaurant

Halloween Night Sold Out for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom

If you were hoping to spend your Halloween at the Most Magical Place on Earth, you might have to think again as Halloween evening has sold out for this year’s returning Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

According to the Walt Disney World website, the big night has officially sold out, becoming the first this year to become unavailable. Every other party night, including October 30 and the very first party on August 12, remains available online.

Sure, they may not tell you when you order or list them on a menu but have you asked and been told no?
KFC won't tell me their secret herb&spices. Coca Cola and Dr. Pepper won't tell me their syrup formulas. Bush's Baked Beans advertises that they won't let anyone get their hands on their secret family recipe.

Universal won't give up their secret to what's in Butterbeer.

I’ve never been to a bar where they disclose this when ordering a drink. This might be different but it may be similar in some respects
Really? Most menus tell you what liquors/liqueurs/juices/etc. are in a cocktail. I wouldn't order a drink ($5000 or not) if I didn't know the basics of what was in it.

Really? Most menus tell you what liquors/liqueurs/juices/etc. are in a cocktail. I wouldn't order a drink ($5000 or not) if I didn't know the basics of what was in it.
Have you ever enjoyed a Coca Cola?

Ingredients. CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE.

Coke won't tell you what their 'Natural Flavors' are.

Have you ever enjoyed a Coca Cola?

Ingredients. CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE.

Coke won't tell you what their 'Natural Flavors' are.
Coca Cola isn't a cocktail, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter