Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Walt Disney World Railroad Track Laid in Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom

We getting steps closer to the Walt Disney World Railroad at Magic Kingdom reopening as new track is laid on either side of TRON Lightcycle / Run.

storybook-circus-railroad-track-7-1200x900.jpg

1653495561545.jpeg

Everything you need to know about opening day merchandise availability for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind'

Due to the limited availability of merchandise, Treasures of Xandar has not been available to guests during the weeks of advance previews, and will open for the first time on May 27.

Disney expects Cosmic Rewind merchandise to be in very high demand and is available in very limited quantities.

If you are planning on picking up Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind merchandise on May 27, be aware of the following:
  • Everything available in Treasures of Xandar will also be available in Creations Shop.
  • Purchase limits of two items per person will be in effect.
  • Opening day dated merchandise will only be available in Creations Shop.
  • Treasures of Xandar will open later in the day and will not be operating at park opening.

Disney Makes User-Friendly Adjustment To Mobile Ordering System

We’ve got a very helpful change that is sure to please avid users of the Mobile Order function on the My Disney Experience App at Walt Disney World. Our friend Nick at Magical News LIVE was on Mobile Order and noticed an update when making an order at the Contempo Café this morning and we’re excited to pass the details on to you.

As you can see from the images, over the last day, Disney World has upgraded their mobile order system to make it easier to find the order number and pick-up location for users. Now these important bits of information appear in large print at the center of the Mobile Order screen.

1653497419046.png
1653510369200.jpeg
*ETA correct image

Last edited:

It's being reported on other forums, that, over in California, the Radiator Springs Racers (aka "Cars Ride") caught fire in one of the ride vehicles last night and is down for the entire day at least until the cause of the fire is uncovered.

It's being reported on other forums, that, over in California, the Radiator Springs Racers (aka "Cars Ride") caught fire in one of the ride vehicles last night and is down for the entire day at least until the cause of the fire is uncovered.

VIDEO: Possible Ride Vehicle Fire Shuts Down Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure

Last night around 8:30 p.m. PT, Radiator Springs Racers went down for a “temporary closure” before ultimately closing for the night at Disney California Adventure, due to a possible ride vehicle fire. Eyewitnesses reported a ride vehicle stopping right after the finish line, with the guests onboard yelling to be let off the ride.

Disney Legend Tom Murphy has Passed Away at the Age of 96

Thomas S. Murphy, who served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Capital Cities/ABC for 30 years and oversaw its merger with The Walt Disney Company, died Wednesday, May 25, at his home in Rye, New York. He was 96.

One of the most respected and admired businessmen of his era, Murphy was also named a Disney Legend in 2007 for his contributions to the Company.

VIDEO: Possible Ride Vehicle Fire Shuts Down Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure

Last night around 8:30 p.m. PT, Radiator Springs Racers went down for a “temporary closure” before ultimately closing for the night at Disney California Adventure, due to a possible ride vehicle fire. Eyewitnesses reported a ride vehicle stopping right after the finish line, with the guests onboard yelling to be let off the ride.

Thanks for finding this!

UK Pavilion at EPCOT Gets New Musical Act

We’ve got some exciting news about a NEW musical act that will be performing regularly at the United Kingdom Pavilion at EPCOT’s World Showcase. The Hooligans, a Central Florida band that specials in songs from the British Invasion took to social media to share the awesome news!
According to the band, they will be performing 5 days a week with 5 shows a day. There will be no performances on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The band also showed a picture of the page for the Hooligans on the My Disney Experience app which you can check out below:

Hooligans-819x1024.jpg

Will always miss British Revolution, as that was one of my favs...

Saw the Hooligans last year and really enjoyed their shows during Food & Wine. Came in late the first time as I sort of just stumbled into the show (not literally! haha maybe one drink at Food & Wine :D). Made a point to come back another day earlier and there was a pretty long line well ahead of the show. People around me seemed to be a big local following as well.

Gideon’s Bakehouse out of Peanut butter treats due to nationwide recall

There is officially a peanut butter shortage, and it has hit home. Gideons announced that due to the peanut butter recall and now shortage, they are not able to sell any product that contains peanut butter. This includes cookies and cakes. Read the announcement below:

“Hi! So, I’m in a bit of a pickle. All of our wonderful limited flavors this month are Peanut Butter based, and due to the recall, all bulk stock of PB coming into the state has been slowed down. We need hundreds of pounds a day and have zero.

So, officially, there are no PB-based Desserts in the shop, aka Peanut Butter Crunch, Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl, and the fantastic PB&J Cake Slices. This issue won’t likely resolve until next week, and it will take us a couple of days to ramp back up production since, as you know, everything we do is made from scratch by hand and takes over 24 hours to prepare.

If my tears could turn into Peanut Butter, you would all have a lifetime supply. ⁣⁣To compensate, we’ll be adding Coffee Cake and Dark Coffee Cake in greater numbers to BOTH stores available at open until sold out. That Cookie is limited because it takes so long to make, so we might not be able to maintain it for long.

Keep an eye on feed and stories for flavor replacement updates going into the weekend. To replace the PB&J Cake Slice until this blows over … drum roll … the Original Red Velvet Cake Slices return! Cream Cheese is back!!

⁣⁣The Nitro PB Cold Brew will still be available at @DisneySpring. It is made with peanuts from our favorite Georgia Farm, not peanut butter.”

With Hoop De Doo reservations, does anyone remember reading anything that onsite resort guests can book today?

We have a valid reservation at Shades of Green, but IT struck again in the last day or two and it fell off MDE. I'll have to call IT to get them to fix it. (Just did this 3 weeks ago). Other people are getting errors too though, but different ones, mine is related to making sure I have a valid resort reservation.

Gotta love Disney IT!

I don't know what I'm more mad at - getting up at 5:50 after being up from 2:30 - 4 a.m.-something for nothing - or not being able to get the ADR - or knowing I now have to sit on hold with Disney IT either way 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter