• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I thought my news would make you pleased. Glad your favorite is actually getting added to the game. Of course, I was thrilled when they added Robin Hood, that is until I realized it was going to take a year to level up the characters. :rotfl:

I don't recall how long ago we started this discussion, but I am now up to 468 gems, when I was down in the 200's at that time. So I've doubled my gem count in that time. Granted we received a bunch for character set completion and a few others here and there, but stilll..still...
Grrrrrrrr. OK. I am nearing 195 gems to upgrade my float (hopefully in the next few days). When I do that, I will post and then track my gem progress! I am curious, because you are smoking me.

I thought my news would make you pleased. Glad your favorite is actually getting added to the game. Of course, I was thrilled when they added Robin Hood, that is until I realized it was going to take a year to level up the characters. :rotfl:
I've been on the road since last Wednesday, with a flight up to NY and then a long drive down with lots of stops along the way. Just arrived back home last night at 11:30. Haven't been on the game or online much (not too smart while you're behind the wheel). So I only saw the mention today. I appreciate the good news!

Just started Prince John to 10. So now I'm down to just Robin Hood, who is at 8. Looking forward to the tower event when they add the Sheriff of Nottingham!

Grrrrrrrr. OK. I am nearing 195 gems to upgrade my float (hopefully in the next few days). When I do that, I will post and then track my gem progress! I am curious, because you are smoking me.
Well, I'm sure as heck not buying gems, so they must be coming from someplace! Just be sure to clear and run parades as often as you can throughout the day!

Since you mentioned this last time I started paying closer attention to my parade results. I got 5 gems last night and then 10 this morning, so it seems it does make a difference.

@supernova - I had to tag you with the news. Your avatar was the first thing I thought of when I saw the news. Now I need to watch The Rescuers again.

Do we know if it is permanent or an event? So happy for you (and me, heh).
I just looked on their website to see if any mention. Nothing. They haven't updated since the most recent patch notes release. Looked at their Instagram and they have only posted that The Rescuers are next. No indication if this is permanent or an event. But it looks like at least 2 characters. My guess is probably 4 - Bernard, Bianca, Orville and Madame Medusa. Maybe they could add Penny and Medusa's henchmen. But this is purely speculation on my part. The Instagram post shows Bernard and Orville though.

Since you mentioned this last time I started paying closer attention to my parade results. I got 5 gems last night and then 10 this morning, so it seems it does make a difference.

@supernova - I had to tag you with the news. Your avatar was the first thing I thought of when I saw the news. Now I need to watch The Rescuers again.
I've received up to 15 gems from one parade, so they do help to generate gems!

I watched it the other night because my wife had never seen it. Then again, growing up in Jamaica, she never saw most Disney films. Or much American pop culture, for that matter. She enjoyed it but just couldn't see my fascination with Medusa. Silly wife....

I just looked on their website to see if any mention. Nothing. They haven't updated since the most recent patch notes release. Looked at their Instagram and they have only posted that The Rescuers are next. No indication if this is permanent or an event. But it looks like at least 2 characters. My guess is probably 4 - Bernard, Bianca, Orville and Madame Medusa. Maybe they could add Penny and Medusa's henchmen. But this is purely speculation on my part. The Instagram post shows Bernard and Orville though.
I couldn't see them not adding Penny as part of the initial collection, although I was surprised to see they went with Orville so early on. So probably both mice, Penny, Orville and Medusa to start. Then maybe add Snoops the way they added LeFou in a tower challenge that no one but a Rescuers fan will bother participating in.

Curious to hear how everyone is doing with the tapper event towards Mickey's (useless) 50th anniversary costume? I didn't get it the first time it was offered because I think it was one of those more exclusive prizes, so I'm actually trying this time. Not so concerned with the Figment tapper thing because the prizes and milestones just weren't worth it.

I have been playing the event, just because it's easy enough to participate and I thought I would see how it would go. I am playing consistently, but not doing anything in the middle of the night or anythiing. I don't think there is much hope for the costume. I am currently at only 33 out of the 145 and there are only 6.5 days left. Without spending gems to speed things up, the math doesn't work. And I am going to put my precious gems towards another float instead. Supernova, do you have any hope of making it to the costume?

I have been playing the event, just because it's easy enough to participate and I thought I would see how it would go. I am playing consistently, but not doing anything in the middle of the night or anythiing. I don't think there is much hope for the costume. I am currently at only 33 out of the 145 and there are only 6.5 days left. Without spending gems to speed things up, the math doesn't work. And I am going to put my precious gems towards another float instead. Supernova, do you have any hope of making it to the costume?
I should. The day the event started I was on the road for kstcof the day so I had to be a bit more vigilant today to make up the ones I missed. I think I computed 24 per day and they are giving us enough birds during the daytime hours, so its not too bad.

Last edited:
I am about the same as you with 30 something out of 145. I am playing but not worrying to much if I get it or not. We shall see. Agree with Supernova, it is possible to get it in next 6 days but also keeping in mind new event starts next week!

It's just barely under 21 per day needed. At calendar reset, you should be at 62 or 63 or so.

I'm a little over halfway there for now, but with the holiday weekend coming up, I'd like to have some good buffer built up to still make it.

OK, I just upgraded my parade to 6 out of 7 floats. I am sitting at 11 gems right now. Let's see where this takes me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter