Disney Magic British Isles September 2-9,2018

Day at Sea Sept 3,2018
The sea was very calm and it was a nice day.We had coffee and croissants in our room which was Verandah deck 6.We started with the character breakfast in Animators Palate, we had photos with Minnie,Mickey and Goofy.We went to cooking show "Who wants to cook Sea Bass" for adults.We are given a small sample of Sea Bass with wine taster.Even my husband liked it.Then we had Wine tasting at 12:15 that we had prebooked. It was sold out and we enjoyed it.We spent the afternoon at a Magic show,"Hector is Magic " in main theatre and the adult pool.Also walked on deck 4.We saw a Minke whale and Dolphins. Supper was in Animators Palate.We went to OGills for Music Trivia.We did not bother with "Twice Charmed."

Cobh,(Cork) Sept 4,2018
We decided to do half day tour to Blarney Castle.We went with ecoach. They got the arrival time wrong and everyone was there early but they only had 1 bus instead of two so we had to wait about 30 minutes.We just missed getting on the first bus We still got away at 9am but arriving at Blarney Castle early beats the line up to kiss the Blarney Stone.We waited about 40 minutes and the Disney tours were also coming at that time.There is a great view from the Castle.The stone kissing is tricky lying on our back and leaning backwards,(there is a person to help you).We walked over to the wooden mill store after and had a coffee. The bus tour takes you through Cork after and we got off at St Colmans Church. We bought tickets for the Titanic exhibit in Cobh online and got in earlier that I had booked.It was very interesting and we had late lunch outside. We went back onboard.we had supper in Palo which was wonderful.I had Scallops and Almond Souffle. The ship had a great send off from Cobh and I think the whole town waved us goodbye. We watched Tangled tonight. I really enjoyed this show.

img_6393-min-jpg.361350
So pretty!

We went to cooking show "Who wants to cook Sea Bass" for adults.
I love these cooking demonstrations they are really fun.

We decided to do half day tour to Blarney Castle.
Is it weird that thousands have kissed the same stone? I've heard it's good luck, but that might make me not do it lol.

Dublin Sept 5,2018
Our plan today was shopping at Penneys and trip to Kilmainham Gaol.We have been to Dublin several times and already did Guinness Store House, Jamieson Distillery and Teeling Distillery.Dublin is a industrial port so they have a bus to town by the Oscar Wilde Statue.We walked up Grafton street to
Penneys.We had a good shop.The clothes are well priced.We took the tram line Luas to close to the Gaol.A local pointed us in the right direction.We had pre booked tickets.It is a tour of the Gaol.The pan optical layout of the prison is very impressive.The Gaol plays an important part of the Independence of Ireland.We had lunch here after our tour. We made our way back and Dublin was very busy in the afternoon.We stoped for a Guinness and then went back to the ship.We went in the Pool and hot tub .It was a very nice day.We had supper in Lumieres and then Frozen show outside.It seemed very early and a very short show between Dinner times.We went to a variety show Junk which was very good.

Greenock Scotland Sept 6,2018
We planned a Disney excursion for this port.We were doing Edinburgh Castle and Royal Yacht Britannia.It was a full day with a lot of driving.The drive to Edinburgh was nice and went quickly.We went to Britannia first.I would have liked it second.We had almost an hour. It was interesting but we went through the ship fairly quickly.The Dining area and Living room was very elegant.Unfortunately our Guide did not give very good instructions on timing at all.One elderly couple were 45 minutes late!!The guide said she had to wait for them.Everyone was not very happy.Timing was short on this excursion.We were supposed to stop for lunch and then go to the Castle.Luckily she agreed to go straight to the Castle and The Royal Mile.It took almost an hour to get from the Yacht Britannia to the Castle.We went with the tour guide into Edinburgh Castle and then went on our own.We made straight for the Cafe.We had a nice lunch with wine which put us in a better mood.I am very glad we had a good lunch as I did not expect to get back so late.we had a nice look at the Castle and saw the Crown Jewel Room. We walked to a few shops on the Royal Mile and got some souvenirs.It was busy But we really enjoyed our time there.We left at the expected time but the Traffic was very bad.It took 3 hours to get back to the Ship!( So glad we had a good lunch )I think all the Edinburgh tours were late.There was also a long line to get back on the ship and we totally missed our Main Dining time.We had Dinner in Cabanas.It was Buffet style apparently as so many tours were late returning.My husband of course preferred the Buffet! The nice part was we had a relaxing evening watching the Ship sail away.There were lots of people watching the ship depart here.We had a drink in Keys and then turned in for the night.

Liverpool,Sept 7,2018
we decided to spend our day in Liverpool visiting The Beatles Story on our own, Maritime Museum Titanic Exhibit and Liverpool 1 shopping area.We got off early and went straight for The Beatles Story.We took photos of the Beatles statues on the way.We went through the museum beating the official Disney tour as we left.Then we went to the Maritime Museum to see Titanic Exhibit.There was a big ferris wheel at the Docks so we went on that also. We went to the shopping area and visited a few stores.We went to Primark and Disney store.The Disney store did not have any Liverpool specific things.We went back to the Docks and had a late lunch at Revolution restaurant. It was cool and windy day so we went back on early.I went for a swim at adult pool and hot tub .We had dinner at Rapunzel Royal Table.We got some nice pictures with the characters.The highlight was a fireworks show leaving Liverpool Dock. A big crowd waved us away.Liverpool is a very nice port and lots to do in walking distance.

Day at Sea,Sept8,2018.
We had breakfast in Cabanas.We went to "Cook at Sea".The chef did Apple Strudel.The sample and wine pairing sample was great.We went to cove cafe to relax. It was chilly outside today.Back to Cabanas for lunch.They had a curry special and it was very good.We saw Christopher Robin movie in the main theatre in the afternoon.I enjoyed the movie. I went in the hot tub at adult area also.We had Dinner at Lumieres. We went to Disney Dreams and" Till we Meet again" in the evening.A great last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts