Disney Look

If they are not in Disney Look, then they are not allowed. You will be in the park in the presence of guests, if there ever was a time to be in Disney Look, that would be it.

For Traditions, would it be acceptable to bring more comfortable shoes to change into for the walking part of the tour? I know I need to be dressed professionally from head to toe for the class, but if I brought black Toms to put on for the walking would that be okay?

Absolutely not and we train our facilitators to watch out for this.

If they are not in Disney Look, then they are not allowed. You will be in the park in the presence of guests, if there ever was a time to be in Disney Look, that would be it.

Absolutely not and we train our facilitators to watch out for this.

Thank you for your help! I had read mixed things about this and I am glad I got a definite answer. Thanks again!

For Traditions, would it be acceptable to bring more comfortable shoes to change into for the walking part of the tour? I know I need to be dressed professionally from head to toe for the class, but if I brought black Toms to put on for the walking would that be okay?

This may be different for Disney World, but I did the program last spring in Disneyland. We were told that, just for Traditions, since we would be doing a lot of walking, we were allowed to wear solid black or solid white sneakers instead of dressier shoes.

I wore solid black Ked-type shoes and was fine.

I think they told us this during a short orientation we had at TDA the day before Traditions.

why are they soooooooo strict with the disney look ?
i mean ok i get if you have 865986906 tattoos all over your face :rotfl2: but what if u have a heart on your wrist :-\ why would it matter sooo much

I think part of it is the slippery slope.

You have a small heart. If Disney decides that's fine...

I'm a Christian and I get a small cross in the same spot. Disney still thinks that's okay, unlikely to offend anyone, right?

My friend is a Wiccan. She gets a small pentacle in the same spot. Now people who don't know better are complaining about the "devil worshiper." But because Disney allowed *my* religious tattoo, they can't disallow hers. Suddenly they have the potential for a discrimination charge if they do anything and guest complaints if they don't.

No tattoos is just easier. Otherwise someone has to sit down and decide which tattoos are okay and which ones aren't. That's not a headache I'd want either, honestly.

Not trying to be rude, and I'm not sure how long ago that was, but I worked at Intermission on my last program 3 years ago, and if my managers were picky enough to make sure my ponytail formed itself into a bun on my first day (And subsequently got a little upset with me when I was training a new CP a few months later and forgot to tell her to do the same thing because it had become so second-nature) I'm not entirely sure they'd allow a watch? :confused3 Unless someone was a cashier for the day (or maybe busser) I'm not sure I see that as being possible, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure as to why you'd need one, really. Seems like there are clocks everywhere at Intermission!

I wouldn't advise people to wear a watch if they're in QSFB no matter where they work without asking a leader first. QSFB is such a strict role in terms of what things you can and cannot wear.

I guess it just depends on mgmt. I didn't have a cell phone on my CP & I needed to know the time..... Granted I did DCP a long time ago ;) I worked mainly at the bakery on my CP which I loved. :) I don't see how wearing a watch is not in the rules. I guess it is just up to mgfmt at your specfic location. If you are worried about it just ask your boss.... I was asked to remove an earring in my upper ear which I totally forgot about & that was fine.

why are they soooooooo strict with the disney look ?
i mean ok i get if you have 865986906 tattoos all over your face but what if u have a heart on your wrist :-\ why would it matter sooo much

Let me put down my glass of Kool-Aid,

The "Disney Look" dates back to 1955 when DLR opened, Walt wanted his staff to have a clean-cut look and a timeless appearance. He wanted a clean park where all guests would feel welcome. Tattoos are common among younger generations but visible tattoos are viewed as unprofessional in many working environments, especially within the Disney atmosphere. Over the years, there have been changes to the Disney Look but the core principles still stay the same.

These are the rules, read them, understand them, ask if you have questions. If you feel the rules don't apply to you, don't bother unpacking when you check in.

Yes, this is harsh, deal with it :clown:

Did anyone have a nose piercing before they went to the DCP, and how did you handle it? I always figured I would have to take it out, but I've heard of spacers?

I have a 2' by 5' Tattoo inside my foram, when I applied My recruter asked if I had any tattoo's I said Yes.
She said she has some too.
As long as they are coverd everything is cool :cool1:
She even recomended some make-up brands that work wonderful to cover tattoos.

Question!! I have naturally "Big" hair. It's curly, lies down a bit, but it's "big". I wouldn't call it wild or anything, and I spend each morning getting it to look as kempt as possible. It's just..well... it's big! :confused3 There's alot of it. Think Merida, only shoulder-length. Far from 1950's..

I know that the Disney Look wants hair to be kept in a "conservative manner," but what does that exactly entail? I mean, I can always straighten it, but with the Flordian humidity, it's only a matter of time before it poofs out each day, and chemical straighteners are out of the question. (My hair has fallen out due to them on multiple occasions). Would my natural hair be acceptable or should I wig it out/invest in a weave? Are we allowed to wear wigs? (Yes, I've actually worn wigs to interviews for this reason alone... *Sigh*)

Question!! I have naturally "Big" hair. It's curly, lies down a bit, but it's "big". I wouldn't call it wild or anything, and I spend each morning getting it to look as kempt as possible. It's just..well... it's big! :confused3 There's alot of it. Think Merida, only shoulder-length. Far from 1950's..

I know that the Disney Look wants hair to be kept in a "conservative manner," but what does that exactly entail? I mean, I can always straighten it, but with the Flordian humidity, it's only a matter of time before it poofs out each day, and chemical straighteners are out of the question. (My hair has fallen out due to them on multiple occasions). Would my natural hair be acceptable or should I wig it out/invest in a weave? Are we allowed to wear wigs? (Yes, I've actually worn wigs to interviews for this reason alone... *Sigh*)

Your hair should be fine, depending on your role you might prefer to wear it pulled back in a pony tail or bun, both of those are appropriate. You can wear a wig if you like, as long as it looks natural and looks like it is a natural color for your skin tone.

Once upon a time back in 2005 I was a safari guide at AK, a manager, Ester, came up to me smiling and said, "Stephanie, you're such a pretty girl, and you did very well on you're ride through...." Then came the BUT..... "But I was wondering if you could wear a more neutral color on your eyes so we can focus on the rest of your pretty features," I was thinking, damn she's good. I couldn't be mad at her cuz she played her card so well! I traded in my blue for brown and never had another problem. But all these years later, that is one thing I remember!

I'm confused about the shoe situation for Traditions/professional dress. On the Disney site it says "Dress shoes or boots in good business taste are required. Classic dress shoes are permitted to have an open toe, open heel and/or sling back."

But I've read former female CPs say that shoes can ONLY have a small peep-toe OR a sling back. Did Disney just become more lax with the rules?

Also, would a sleeveless dress (but with straps on each shoulder about 3 inches wide) be appropriate for Traditions?

I'm confused about the shoe situation for Traditions/professional dress. On the Disney site it says "Dress shoes or boots in good business taste are required. Classic dress shoes are permitted to have an open toe, open heel and/or sling back."

But I've read former female CPs say that shoes can ONLY have a small peep-toe OR a sling back. Did Disney just become more lax with the rules?

Also, would a sleeveless dress (but with straps on each shoulder about 3 inches wide) be appropriate for Traditions?

The shoe rules were changed in spring 2010 that you can now have the peep toe and a sling back. The open toe as it reads above means that no more than 2 of your toes should be visible, so it's still technically a peep toe, just worded vaguely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter