Disney Look

why are they soooooooo strict with the disney look ?
i mean ok i get if you have 865986906 tattoos all over your face :rotfl2: but what if u have a heart on your wrist :-\ why would it matter sooo much

The goal of the Disney Look is to give all CM's a timeless appearance that can fit in anywhere in the parks or resorts. So even small non-offensive tattoos are a no-no, a visible tattoo isn't going to go with the look of the costumes on Main Street USA or at The Grand Floridian.

i mean ok i get if you have 865986906 tattoos all over your face :rotfl2: but what if u have a heart on your wrist :-\ why would it matter sooo much

I worked at a Chick-Fil-A for two years and they were pretty strict (like Disney) about their dress code. We weren't allowed to have unnaturally colored hair, dangly earrings, visible tattoos, our socks HAD to be black, no nail polish, no rings (unless married), etc.

I believe that both Disney and Chick-Fil-A are all about training their employees for something bigger than themselves. Their strict dresscodes helps people prepare for a more professional "grown up" world.

It irks me sometimes when people whine/freak out about their piercings closing when they have to take them out or that they have to cover their tattoos for a job. It's a job. You're making money. You're gaining experiences. I think that's a little bit more important than anything else.

Because Disney views a visit to a theme park as a show, and that nothing can take away from that, so a guest will only see things that contribute to the show.

All of the things people above me mentioned are true but another aspect is that you are going to interact with guests from all over the world with all sorts of different religions and morality codes. What you may think is little and harmless may be offensive to someone else. Even if it is just a heart, tattoos can make you seem unapproachable to others depending on their culture, religion, etc. Also I personally know some older more conservative folk who are not comfortable around people with tattoos. Disney wants to avoid ostracizing guests at all costs. Disney look is just as much about making so guests feel totally comfortable approaching you as it is anything else.

It's not just Disney that has strict rules against tattoos. Many large employers have rule that no tattoos may be visible while working. They all want to portray a common conservative attitude. It makes sense for companies to want to portray that attitude, so that no one feels excluded, younger or older.

Maybe you should get the heart somewhere other than your wrist, that would usually be covered by normal clothing? Like your upper arm or shoulder? You can always wear longer sleeves to cover that.

Keep in mind that some lines of businesses such asMerchandise, Entertainment and QSFB have extra nail and jewlery restrictions, apart from the Disney Look. For example if your Merchandise location also sells non-packaged food rings must be as plain as possible, no stones at all.

Is it ok for guys to have bangs or do they need to have their hair parted on the side for the Disney Look? Also what about black dress pants, dress shoes, short sleeved dress shirt and tie for traditions. Is that ok or too casual? On the casting day do they need to be dressed up since they are looking them over? Is plaid dress shorts and a golf or polo shirt ok for going to casting on check in day/ Thanks for your help.

I believe a short sleeved dress shirt is okay. At check-in you will get a Disney look booklet explaining everything. Also, there is some outdoor walking involved in Traditions, so the cooler the better!

Yeah it is an option, there's also Hairport International at Epcot and one or two other places I believe, and they're available to all cast members.

Does anyone know how to get a job at one of the back stage salons like Hairport or Kingdom Kutz>???? I am a stylist of 17 years who is moving to Orlando in September...

They used to be outsourced through Niki Bryan, but there was a big switch in January

Does anyone know how to get a job at one of the back stage salons like Hairport or Kingdom Kutz>???? I am a stylist of 17 years who is moving to Orlando in September...

It's a Cosmetology job - so you'd just apply like a regular cosmo job through Disney Careers.

Is it ok for guys to have bangs or do they need to have their hair parted on the side for the Disney Look? Also what about black dress pants, dress shoes, short sleeved dress shirt and tie for traditions. Is that ok or too casual? On the casting day do they need to be dressed up since they are looking them over? Is plaid dress shorts and a golf or polo shirt ok for going to casting on check in day/ Thanks for your help.

I brush my hair straight forward, no part. However, I also keep my hair pretty short, and it stops at the top of my forehead (above 2 inches above my eyebrows, for reference)

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I had a question regarding getting a haircut on the park grounds.

Searching the board, I found one or two instances of people mentioning "Kingdom Kutters"; is KK open to CPs who aren't in Entertainment roles?
Being out in the heat, I am probably going to want a haircut at least once a week, and knowing there would be somewhere to go on Disney grounds would be much more convenient than having to hop on a bus to elsewhere in Orlando.
If this is an option, are the prices fairly average for a haircut? $15-$20 or so?

I got my hair highlighted & cut in the tunnels at that Hair salon it is TINY but I forget the name of it... It was cheap :)

Guess I'll hijack this thread with a question too:)

I know they only allow studs in the lowest part of your ears but do they actually check to make sure you aren't wearing any others? I have multiple piercings and was going to put clear retainers in my upper ear piercings. My hair is short enough that I can't put it up but long enough that it covers my ears so I didn't think it would be a big problem.

I had a piercing at top of my ear & they made me take it out......

I worked QSFB @ All Star Music & wore a watch everyday w/ no problems.

Not trying to be rude, and I'm not sure how long ago that was, but I worked at Intermission on my last program 3 years ago, and if my managers were picky enough to make sure my ponytail formed itself into a bun on my first day (And subsequently got a little upset with me when I was training a new CP a few months later and forgot to tell her to do the same thing because it had become so second-nature) I'm not entirely sure they'd allow a watch? :confused3 Unless someone was a cashier for the day (or maybe busser) I'm not sure I see that as being possible, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure as to why you'd need one, really. Seems like there are clocks everywhere at Intermission!

I wouldn't advise people to wear a watch if they're in QSFB no matter where they work without asking a leader first. QSFB is such a strict role in terms of what things you can and cannot wear.

For Traditions, would it be acceptable to bring more comfortable shoes to change into for the walking part of the tour? I know I need to be dressed professionally from head to toe for the class, but if I brought black Toms to put on for the walking would that be okay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter