Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, back from DLR with disappointing news about using DVA at Grand Californian. I was not able to use it because I booked an AP rate. Seemed completely silly, given that CM told me I could have used individual GC. I told her it was ironic because the reason I did DVA was so that she didn't have to enter a stack of cards.

CM's were great and gave us two FP's. I knew there was a possibility I couldn't use them and had money set aside to pay cash. I have a WDW trip in Nov to use them. I am going to try to use money in DVA to pay over the phone (specifically says online you can pay for room only reservations), but if it doesn't work, I will just refund DVA back to individual GCs that I kept.

Disney is missing the boat on DVA, but I definitely now know that the Walt Disney Travel Company is its own island.

CM's were great and gave us two FP's. I knew there was a possibility I couldn't use them and had money set aside to pay cash. I have a WDW trip in Nov to use them. I am going to try to use money in DVA to pay over the phone (specifically says online you can pay for room only reservations), but if it doesn't work, I will just refund DVA back to individual GCs that I kept.

I feared this would be the case for you. Bummer. I was able to buy WDW park tickets today using my DVA. I input it online like a gift card. The prompt actually said, "Gift card or DVA account." So, when you book your room only res, you might be able to just put your DVA account # in online. Hopefully, you will have better luck this time.

Jodie

Usually it says unavailable. This is not a good sign. I have until October to pay my trip off and I only have bought about 25% of the gift cards that I need :( Hope they will be back.

I agree - not a good sign. I think the days of buying gift cards at Target are over. Rats!

Jodie

I feared this would be the case for you. Bummer. I was able to buy WDW park tickets today using my DVA. I input it online like a gift card. The prompt actually said, "Gift card or DVA account." So, when you book your room only res, you might be able to just put your DVA account # in online. Hopefully, you will have better luck this time.

Jodie

I purchased DLR APs over the phone this way but had to educate CM to enter as GC. Tried to get CM to enter acct # as gift card at GCH but said she couldn't do it. DLR seems very detached from WDW and DVA/Walt Disney Travel Company. I do think it is likely to work better at WDW

All seems ridiculous and they should figure out how to take our money, however we want to give it to them. I feel a letter coming on....

I agree - not a good sign. I think the days of buying gift cards at Target are over. Rats!

Jodie
I wonder if it's because of people using Target gift cards to purchase the Disney gift cards online while still getting 5% off???

Well, I have my daily routine going now. I start the morning by turning on SBTV on my phone, and select the "news" channel bc those are shortest. I let that play as I do my morning stuff, and during the day, as I am doing things. I found that with the Facebook chat heads, you can use messenger over the videos that are running, but everything else pauses the videos. SBTV is good for 50 sb/day. Then I start Entertainow app (TV spots channel) on my iPad. That could get you up to 120 sb/day, but it takes a LONG time to accumulate them. Still, adds up.

I do my morning dailies (I have much of this running all simultaneously, clicking back and forth, as I also do things like look up recipes, post on facebook, etc):

-Start SB TV, and periodically click on those (the ticker goes up a few seconds after each commercial ends, you don't have to watch the whole video)
-Start an Encrave video (go to Discover, then Encrave). Select one of the ones with the circular arrow, then click the x in the upper left corner to turn on "discovery mode" which will play the videos one after the other
2-NOSO
1-Poll
1-Daily Crave
10-Games (I always choose Swagasaurus Run, click on it, just let the guy run. You dont' have to DO any game playing, at all)
10-15 for going to Special Offers, and clicking Radium One, then sorting by "low payout to high", and clicking on each of the 1pt offers. I just click each (or if there are a lot, I will do it in 2 groups), and let them sit open for 5 minutes, then close them. I don't actually watch them or click the slideshows. Refresh once, and some will reappear to do again.
-Check to see if there are any videos at Special Offers/Peanut Labs
-Morning search win (I get at least 2 search wins/day, from searching through SB. Until I get the win, I will open every site I go to, like facebook, etc. by "searching" for it, and then clicking)

So I will do all of that for a bit, and after I am done with those, and doing my morning facebook junk, etc. Every day, I hit at least my first goal, and frequently my 2nd. That nets me bonuses of about 600 sb/month or more.

I also subscribe to the "Accelerator". I took 2500 sb, and took a payout through Paypal. I used that to start paying for the Accelerator, which is 9.99/mo, but gives 1500 sb. I also use my ebates money to pay into that PayPal account, so I never have to pay for the Accelerator with real money (would love if you pm me for a referral link if you are not signed up with ebates or swagbucks).

Periodically during the day, I go on my phone app to "Discover" then check Trial Pay for any 1pt videos, and Brand Connect, as well.

During the day, the SB app will alert me that there is a new code. I then go to the Swagbucks FB page, and just look in the comments for the new code, rather than going to twitter or instagram or wherever the code is, bc I don't use those sites.

I sometimes print and use the grocery store coupons, though not often, as I don't use a lot of processed food, need special dog food, and don't have babies. They add up, though, eventually.

When I am shopping online, I look to see which is the better payoff: ebates or shopping through swagbucks. They have different promos going at various times. I currently have 356 "shop & earn" sb pending, for example, from booking a cheap hotel night through hotels.com, and buying a LivingSocial deal.

When I am watching tv with dh at night, I will sometimes do surveys or keep Encrave videos running, and I continue to run the Entertainow app on the ipad, and either the Sport.ly or MovieCli.ps apps on my phone. I then run the Entertainow app on my phone as I go to sleep.

Now, some people have lots of referrals. I don't. I only have one, who is brand-new, so I earn basically all of these sb myself. I would love more referrals, but I don't blog or bug my friends or whatever to sign up under me. I just kind of quietly do my thing, lol.

The big key for me is to keep the videos going, and to multi-task the stuff in the morning. It does help greatly that we have 2 monitors, but it can all be done with one, just having many tabs open, as long as your computer can handle that. If not, it can all be done, just take longer.

HTH!!

awesome, ty

I agree - not a good sign. I think the days of buying gift cards at Target are over. Rats! Jodie

I sent an email to Target.com to inquire, I will post the response upon receipt. I was able to purchase a DIsney GC in the store using a GC from Swagbucks. I odd notice they did not have many left.

I sent an email to Target.com to inquire, I will post the response upon receipt. I was able to purchase a DIsney GC in the store using a GC from Swagbucks. I odd notice they did not have many left.

Thanks, please do!

I wonder if it's because of people using Target gift cards to purchase the Disney gift cards online while still getting 5% off???

I don't think thats just a gift card issue. I imagine someone could pay with a gift card and also get the 5% when buying other products as well. Seems like if that were the issue, they would change their systems to not allow that to happen.

It also sounds like the inventory is low in stores. I will be curious to see if the stores stop selling them as well.

Jodie

I'm going to try to go after work to my local target to see if there are any left and buy a bunch if I can. I had only bought about $400 worth so I have about $2500 left I wanted to buy.

I'm going to try to go after work to my local target to see if there are any left and buy a bunch if I can. I had only bought about $400 worth so I have about $2500 left I wanted to buy.

This has me so bummed out. I *just* applied for the redcard and it's supposed to be arriving this week. I mean it's not make or break, but it sure does stink.

Oddly, we can order other GC's (like Southwest) online and get the discount using Target GC's & Red Card.

I did see the other day that you could order $150 in Disney GCs (comes as 3 $50 cards) from Sam's Club.com for $142.98. That is only about .50 more then what you would have paid at Target with the Redcard discount. Not a bad option and I think it has free standard shipping too. :)

I did see the other day that you could order $150 in Disney GCs (comes as 3 $50 cards) from Sam's Club.com for $142.98. That is only about .50 more then what you would have paid at Target with the Redcard discount. Not a bad option and I think it has free standard shipping too. :)

Yes, It is a good option. One I will be using.

I called my local Target store to see if they had any information... Guest service searched through emails and did not find anything about Disney Gift cards. Her thoughts were that they are closing stores that are not profitable and maybe decided not to sell the DGCs if they were not profitable.

I can't help but to wonder why Target would not just add restrictions on discounting the gift cards instead of just not selling them. I am still hoping that it is just a fluke.

I just purchased $2000 worth of gc with my red card and received my 5% discount no problem
Plenty of gift cards available in all aisles at checkout ( I had to check for reporting purposes lol)
Cashier didn't seem to think they were going to stop selling them :confused3

I just purchased $2000 worth of gc with my red card and received my 5% discount no problem
Plenty of gift cards available in all aisles at checkout ( I had to check for reporting purposes lol)
Cashier didn't seem to think they were going to stop selling them :confused3
Glad to see it appears to still be working.

Not at Sam's, but at BJ's recently, they had the Disney cards for $95.99 for a $100 gift card. With 1% back on my Disney Visa, that comes out to within pennies of the Target deal.

Not at Sam's, but at BJ's recently, they had the Disney cards for $95.99 for a $100 gift card. With 1% back on my Disney Visa, that comes out to within pennies of the Target deal.

This is a savings but Target & Sams club allows for the purchase to be made with gift cards. BJs does too however I don't know where to find BJ gift cards at a discounted price like Target & Sams. BJs does not sell the Disney Gift Cards online. Also Swagbucks does not have BJs gift cards.

This is a savings but Target & Sams club allows for the purchase to be made with gift cards. BJs does too however I don't know where to find BJ gift cards at a discounted price like Target & Sams. BJs does not sell the Disney Gift Cards online. Also Swagbucks does not have BJs gift cards.

Why does Target give the 5% Red Card discount to Target Gift Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter