Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone was wondering (and remembers the posts many pages ago ;)) I had a Happy Guy card that did not work at Home Depot. I called and was told they would have to see if they could approve a refund and that they would contact me by email about their decision. I never got a confirmation that I called (I had emailed them twice with no response) so I was getting a little worried. I was giving them until yesterday because of the holiday - gave them about 2 weeks to get back to me. I checked the mail yesterday and they had sent a check! I was not expecting it without a fight.

I had bought 2 cards when Amex had the promo $15 off $100 at HG. I used one card with no problems (got a Disney card), and now I have a $50 check, so I got $15 off $50 :)

In case anyone was wondering (and remembers the posts many pages ago ;)) I had a Happy Guy card that did not work at Home Depot. I called and was told they would have to see if they could approve a refund and that they would contact me by email about their decision. I never got a confirmation that I called (I had emailed them twice with no response) so I was getting a little worried. I was giving them until yesterday because of the holiday - gave them about 2 weeks to get back to me. I checked the mail yesterday and they had sent a check! I was not expecting it without a fight.

I had bought 2 cards when Amex had the promo $15 off $100 at HG. I used one card with no problems (got a Disney card), and now I have a $50 check, so I got $15 off $50 :)
I'm glad to hear this. I called last week and asked for a refund on my HG card that wasn't working in store. Hopefully, my check will come without issues, too.

When did you first contact them about the problem? I had the same thing happen to me and they said they would mail me a refund. I haven't received anything yet and I called on 6/21. It's almost impossible to get a hold of them so I don't even know if my refund has been processed but the balance on the card is now zero.

I'm trying to add a Disney gift card on the Staples site. It's not letting me. Is this happening for anyone else?

I have the Newegg offer on my Amex card, what is everyone buying from newegg?
There is a Landry's GC, I could use that at Yak & Yeti correct? What are the other locations on property?

When did you first contact them about the problem? I had the same thing happen to me and they said they would mail me a refund. I haven't received anything yet and I called on 6/21. It's almost impossible to get a hold of them so I don't even know if my refund has been processed but the balance on the card is now zero.
I called them on 7/1 and got the check yesterday 7/15.
I have the Newegg offer on my Amex card, what is everyone buying from newegg?
There is a Landry's GC, I could use that at Yak & Yeti correct? What are the other locations on property?
Rainforest Cafe (at AK and DtD) and T-Rex.

I just got a $75 Virtual Mastercard for my b-day. Online only. Best option for turning it into a DGC?

Don’t try using a virtual card at shopDisney for a GC. Was told by customer service they are no longer accepting prepaid or virtual cards. As far as I know Target still accepts them.

I have a question! It is disney gift card related!
We originally had Pop Century booked for our August/Sept trip but when it was announced the Skyliner wouldnt open until Sept 29 I had misgivings about staying there. The whole point was having quick and easy access to SWGE and F&W. Today when they announced fall discounts I booked 8/26-9/1 at Beach Club and 9/1 at Yacht Club (couldnt get all the days at BC). Anyway, rather than hang on the phone all day with Disney, I just made the new reservations online and paid the deposits. So now I need to cancel my original stay at Pop. I'm afraid to just do it online bc I want to make sure my Disney gift cards that I originally used are credited properly (it's a little complicated because I booked Pop when we decided to move our trip up 2 weeks so they transferred my original deposit from that trip to the Pop reservation). Isn't it better for me to call to cancel.the original reservations or do you think it wont hurt to just do it online?

I called them on 7/1 and got the check yesterday 7/15.

Thanks so much for posting! It took me one month to receive my check, glad to see a speedier return time.

I'm glad to hear this. I called last week and asked for a refund on my HG card that wasn't working in store. Hopefully, my check will come without issues, too.

One thing to note, when I called I was given a return confirmation number. I don't understand why they are hard to get a hold of within regular business hours.

So did anyone take advantage of Amazon Prime Day? I may have placed three orders :ssst:
I really don't get Ebates "Up to 5%" at Amazon., it never seems to track for me and I think their break down is very vague.

I really want this Billy, Goat, and Gruff Disney GC!!! Too cute!
View attachment 417696
"Special offering this summer and can only be found at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts."

Hope it's there when we arrive next month!

I see you laughing! That Batuuan Spira Credit Medallion / gift card you posted about sold out and ebay sellers are commanding a pretty penny for it!

I cannot imagine the Billy, Goat, and Gruff Disney GC becoming a major collector piece but I'd still like to add it to my scrap booking page since we'll be dressed up as Toy Story characters during MNSSHP!
So Boo to You! :maleficen

I have a question! It is disney gift card related!
We originally had Pop Century booked for our August/Sept trip but when it was announced the Skyliner wouldnt open until Sept 29 I had misgivings about staying there. The whole point was having quick and easy access to SWGE and F&W. Today when they announced fall discounts I booked 8/26-9/1 at Beach Club and 9/1 at Yacht Club (couldnt get all the days at BC). Anyway, rather than hang on the phone all day with Disney, I just made the new reservations online and paid the deposits. So now I need to cancel my original stay at Pop. I'm afraid to just do it online bc I want to make sure my Disney gift cards that I originally used are credited properly (it's a little complicated because I booked Pop when we decided to move our trip up 2 weeks so they transferred my original deposit from that trip to the Pop reservation). Isn't it better for me to call to cancel.the original reservations or do you think it wont hurt to just do it online?
I had a Pop res (2 rooms) that I cancelled online a couple of days ago (will now stay at the Dolphin :)) and the money was back in my gift card the next day.

I had a Pop res (2 rooms) that I cancelled online a couple of days ago (will now stay at the Dolphin :)) and the money was back in my gift card the next day.
Tha ks for this info. The problem is 1 out of the 3 cards used for this is unaccounted for, meaning I must not have written down that card number :(

Tha ks for this info. The problem is 1 out of the 3 cards used for this is unaccounted for, meaning I must not have written down that card number :(
You don't happen to have it on the Disney gift card site by any chance?

Call them to cancel and tell them you are missing one of the gift cards you used for the deposit. They can do a couple of different things to get you the money back.
They can mail a new gift card or I have been able to give them one of my other gift card numbers to add that refund to.

So did anyone take advantage of Amazon Prime Day? I may have placed three orders :ssst:
I really don't get Ebates "Up to 5%" at Amazon., it never seems to track for me and I think their break down is very vague.
I held out for a long time! Ended up using my final Amex promo last night and placing 3 additional orders. LOL It was basically all household cleaning supplies and I spent less than $100 so I felt that was ok.

I don't understand the Amazon Ebates either. I tried it for each order, but doubt anything will track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!