Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you end up trying this?

Everything went smoothly at BB. Receipt acknowledges SB. I used the $50 Visa from Kroger, swipe the card and had to enter the PIN # so be sure you have that with you.

I arrived to late to see his "girlfriend" and he won't tell me her name. Guess I'll have to play detective and see what he doodled on his note books! And YES, I will arrive much earlier tomorrow to pick him up. I'm on it! :magnify: Secrets from Momma, that's just no good! :sad1: Nope! NG!

Y'all remember tomorrow is Friday and Kroger has some great deals on Gift Cards including a Visa offer! Even though there is a fee on the $100 Visa/MC you can still make up the fee when doing the online survey's once a week which will give you 50 points. Plus you'll be able to buy Disney GC's at Best Buy with SB! Here are the coupons I plan on taking advantage of:

upload_2018-5-10_16-43-35.png

I'm thinking End of Year Teachers Gift for JC Penny and Sephora and quite possibly LL Bean & Ruby Tuesday as seen here:
upload_2018-5-10_16-47-33.png
IMO those are nice savings too.

Everything went smoothly at BB. Receipt acknowledges SB. I used the $50 Visa from Kroger, swipe the card and had to enter the PIN # so be sure you have that with you.

I arrived to late to see his "girlfriend" and he won't tell me her name. Guess I'll have to play detective and see what he doodled on his note books! And YES, I will arrive much earlier tomorrow to pick him up. I'm on it! :magnify: Secrets from Momma, that's just no good! :sad1: Nope! NG!

They grow up to fast! I'm going to give it a spin this weekend I think. That would be more back on my $300 than fuel points would get me. Though I also pondered trying to flip my gcs for Visa ones with 4x points, and then Disney... have to do the math.

Also, you have awesome Best Customer Bonuses! Mine are usually for a pack of frozen vegetables :laughing:

They grow up to fast! I'm going to give it a spin this weekend I think. That would be more back on my $300 than fuel points would get me. Though I also pondered trying to flip my gcs for Visa ones with 4x points, and then Disney... have to do the math.

Also, you have awesome Best Customer Bonuses! Mine are usually for a pack of frozen vegetables :laughing:

For us the math works especially when using:
Kroger 50 points once a week
Kroger 4x fuel on $100 Visa
Kroger 200 Visa Bonus fuel points
SwagB 1,000 points from Best Buy

I did notice when I was in Colo. caring for my mother how the Best Customer Bonuses changed in one month. If you're not shopping there regularly those BCB's significantly decrease in numbers all across the board.

***GOOD NEWS****...maybe....

I was just able to go online and place an order for a $25 Disney gift card and I applied a $25 REWARDS CERTIFICATE as payment. It took the balance to zero and accepted the order. I did NOT do store pick-up since I am an ElitePlus member and I get free shipping anyways. I am anticipating that the order will get cancelled, but we'll see. The fact that the option for the rewards certificate was there and that it actually applied it to the purchase was promising. There was not an option to apply a GIFT CARD as payment which I believe is a change from before.

I will be sure to report back....I'm honestly not too optimistic at this point, but I was quite surprised that it went through. It did ask for a credit card so to be "safe", I used one of my pre-paid Visa's that I have here that has a whopping $0.99 left on it. IF the order doesn't work, at least I know it won't charge my CC for the $25:teeth:.

**UPDATE**

I just got the notification...

My order SHIPPED!!party:

I guess this means I won't be cancelling my BB Visa card after all...at least not yet. I drive a gas guzzler (2004 Suburban!) and my husband also has an SUV (2007 Trailblazer) so we spend a LOT on gas every month. That 3% in rewards adds up fast. It says that the 3% is "for a limited time", but it has been going on for about 5 months now and there is no end date listed. I'll just keep racking up the points for now. Once it ends, it will revert back to 2% on gas and dining (1% on everything else), but I have a different card that offers 2% in cash on gas so I will switch back to that one. I'll just use the BB card only for dining out.

Y'all remember tomorrow is Friday and Kroger has some great deals on Gift Cards including a Visa offer! Even though there is a fee on the $100 Visa/MC you can still make up the fee when doing the online survey's once a week which will give you 50 points. Plus you'll be able to buy Disney GC's at Best Buy with SB! Here are the coupons I plan on taking advantage of:

View attachment 321865

I'm thinking End of Year Teachers Gift for JC Penny and Sephora and quite possibly LL Bean & Ruby Tuesday as seen here:
View attachment 321866
IMO those are nice savings too.
Thanks for the reminder. I’ll grab sephora. At some point I’ll need something from there.

So you made me realize that prepaid visa from Kroger + Disney at B.B. using sb qr is better than buying Disney from Kroger using prepaid visa for me. I get 12% back from B.B. using SB but only 8% back (in free gas) when I convert to Disney at Kroger. Plus I think I would get B.B. rewards points. Do you run the visa as credit or debit at Best Buy?

Has anyone tried the Meijer gift card deal using a Discover card? My Discover card has grocery stores as the 5% bonus category this quarter, but it says only freestanding grocery stores are eligible and that grocery stores that are supercenters may be excluded. I went ahead and bought a $50 card a few days ago but am still waiting for the charge to post.

I'm trying to remember, is it impossible to purchase gift cards on Target's website using a gift card? I don't know what the deal is with my area, I can't find Disney GC anywhere lately! My Best Buy sold out of Disney gift cards in March and still hasn't restocked (non-issue now that I can't use BB gift cards). Then my Meijer was sold out this week - so I bought a Target gift card thinking I could convert that easily enough. But went to Target and checked every register and they were sold out of Disney GCs as well. The website is showing that no stores anywhere within a 100 miles of me even carry Disney GCs in store, but my store had the empty peg in every checkout aisle for a $50 Disney GC. I wonder does this mean that the stores will no longer be carrying them?

I'm trying to remember, is it impossible to purchase gift cards on Target's website using a gift card? I don't know what the deal is with my area, I can't find Disney GC anywhere lately! My Best Buy sold out of Disney gift cards in March and still hasn't restocked (non-issue now that I can't use BB gift cards). Then my Meijer was sold out this week - so I bought a Target gift card thinking I could convert that easily enough. But went to Target and checked every register and they were sold out of Disney GCs as well. The website is showing that no stores anywhere within a 100 miles of me even carry Disney GCs in store, but my store had the empty peg in every checkout aisle for a $50 Disney GC. I wonder does this mean that the stores will no longer be carrying them?

You can't use a Target GC to buy a Disney GC. But you can buy a bunch of other things you would normally buy at Target in the same transaction, and use the Target GC towards that. So if you have a $50 Target GC, and you buy a $50 Disney GC and $50 worth of other merchandise (laundry detergent is a good item here - fairly expensive, basic necessity you'd need anyway, easy to stockpile, and usually comes with bonus Target GCs). You pay with the $50 cash and $50 Target GC, and Target sees that as you using the Target GC for the merchandise and paying cash for the Disney GC, so the transaction goes through.

I was going to post this anyways. But tonight I stopped at target for $4 in groceries and a $50 Disney gift card. Used a $50 target gift card no problem at self checkout, just had to type in the access code.
Good to know! I had a similar experience in March, using self check out also.

I just bought $100 with all target gc's, no extra items, at the regular check out counter. No questions or problems.

I did too a few days ago. I bought $25 Disney GC at Customer Service in Target. The Target Gift cards were on my phone under "wallet" and the cashiers there helped me do it without hesitation. I currently have $20 in Target GC's still listed on my app.

Glad to hear Target is back to normal for now. I hope BB gets there again but I doubt it .
The difference is that Target acknowledged that it was an IT SNAFU. In BB's case, it is a stated policy change. It's not going to change back at BB.

I ended up purchasing a cell phone with my BB GCs. Long story short, my almost-new Samsung S8+ stopped charging thru the port. After 4 attempts to have it repaired by Samsung (it was still under warranty), they offered me either a prorated refund or I could wait an indeterminate amount of time for the necessary part to come in. I chose the refund and went to BB to purchase a replacement phone. I'm still a little irritated about the phone and Samsung customer service (this phone has been in for the same repair since late March). But I'm happy that I was able to put that BB GC to use and I got cash to partially pay for the replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter