Disney Food Pictures...Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From last night- took my parents to Ohana for Dad's birthday. Yummy.

268848768_237Qm-XL.jpg

268852610_SoH3V-XL.jpg

And now *I* am CRAVING Ohana!! That salad dressing... the bread pudding... ohhh DROOL.... :love:
Great pics, as usual Jeff! :thumbsup2

Okay, turkey legs never really sounded all that appealing to me and I love turkey. After seeing these pictures they are even less appealing.

Obviously others love them, looks like it was enjoyed by all :-)

I had them once and won't again. To me they look so raw and red inside - almost unnaturally so and the size is definitely unnatural. I’m sure they’re genetically engineered and would like to see the state of the turkeys they come from. I can’t help it, but my stomach always turns when I see people all around me waving them in the air with the red meat and sinews flying. *shudder*

Ok... here's one vote for Turkey Legs... :goodvibes

It's an aquired taste I guess... and the red on the inside is what they marinate them with...

I had them once and won't again. To me they look so raw and red inside - almost unnaturally so and the size is definitely unnatural. I’m sure they’re genetically engineered and would like to see the state of the turkeys they come from. I can’t help it, but my stomach always turns when I see people all around me waving them in the air with the red meat and sinews flying. *shudder*

Well my friend........don't come near me or I'm libel to get some turkey leg on ya'............:lmao:

The redness comes from the smoking process. Any meat cooked low and slow with smoke will have that red color. It's not color.........it's flavor.

As for the size, the large turkey legs are from mature birds. The turkey you normally buy for holidays is a young bird (usually less than a year) so they are smaller. If you have ever seen a wild turkey (they are generally older) they are large birds too. The older birds are usually sold in parts rather than whole (i.e. deli turkey breast, legs, wings, carcasses for soup, scraps for dog food) so we never see birds that big in the local biggie mart freezer.

:thumbsup2

I know some people are not fond of the turkey legs but we love them and usually get some every day! Here are some photos of how we eat them, mostly with a knife and fork.

IMG_0386-edited.jpg

IMG_0387-edited.jpg

IMG_1057-edited.jpg

And here is what is left :lmao:

IMG_0390-edited1.jpg

--- My friends & I wanted to try them after hearing so much about them. We bought 1 to just split in case we didn't like them but we ended up loving them. They're actually a lot yummier than I thought they would be!

When we were at WDW last year I saw people walking and eating these huge legs......they looked like savages....it looked disgusting....and seeing these pics of the turkey legs, I am even more disgusted, sorry very unappealing!:eek:

i won't eat any meat off a bone if i can help it - it just grosses me out. just my personal preference. but i certainly don't mind someone posting pictures of it on here. :confused3

I probably would like the turkey legs, but a long time ago I saw

people feeding those big birds some turkey (I see this EVERY trip!), and for some reason the thought of birds eating birds made me totally gross out and I haven't even been able to look at the turkey legs. :confused3

Plus, the people that sit there and gnaw on them with greasy faces turn me off
of them.

HOWEVER, no offense is intended. I'm sure they taste great. :flower3:

When we were at WDW last year I saw people walking and eating these huge legs......they looked like savages....it looked disgusting....and seeing these pics of the turkey legs, I am even more disgusted, sorry very unappealing!:eek:

That post seems quite unnecessarily abrupt - especially as this is a thread entirely about WDW food :confused3

My Sous Chef's wife is like that too.........she makes him take the bones out of everything before she will eat it. I don't get it, but I know lots of people have a "meat on the bone" issue.

:thumbsup2

i think it's all the fat and veins and cartilage or whatever that comes with it. just....yuck! i realize that ALL meat is at least connected to a bone at some point, but i would just rather not have to see it. :laughing:

That post seems quite unnecessarily abrupt - especially as this is a thread entirely about WDW food :confused3

Seriously. It's one thing to say "oh I really don't care for _____" and move one. Going to this depth and effort to tell someone why their food choices are disgusting is kind of insulting. Just impolite all together -- certainly would make me question posting my photos here again.

i think it's all the fat and veins and cartilage or whatever that comes with it. just....yuck! i realize that ALL meat is at least connected to a bone at some point, but i would just rather not have to see it. :laughing:

It's so weird... I have a hard time eating the meat off the bone of a chicken or turkey, but I don't have a problems sucking baby back rib bones dry!:rotfl:

Seriously. It's one thing to say "oh I really don't care for _____" and move one. Going to this depth and effort to tell someone why their food choices are disgusting is kind of insulting. Just impolite all together -- certainly would make me question posting my photos here again.

You are right, it is not polite to make comments. But then again we are in the land with freedom of speech. Let the people say what they want and forget about them. I'm sure everyone here has dealt with far less polite things in their life and don't completely eliminate them from their life. If I did that, I would never leave my house... better yet, I'd never leave my bedroom... and never talk on the phone, watch tv, or get in the internet.

Branv.. I don't think you should not post your pics because of one person... you are punishing the rest of us for something one did. And that's not fair! ;) Who cares what people think.

As for my view of the turkey legs, I have never seen anyone eating them in the park... the giant size and look does give me the heebee-jeebeez, but after seeing those pic, I almost want to try one.

Also, yeah maybe it is a bit "savage" for people to be chewing on a giant turkey leg, but we eat food with our fingers every day... so I guess everyday we are "savages." But when I see those giant turkey legs, I don't think "savage" I think of Honey I Shrunk the Kids... the last scene of the movie when they are sitting around the enlarged turkey.

Let's see more pictures of guest enjoying that great WDW food popcorn:: :cake:

It all looks great to me. This thread has inspired me to reach out beyond my usual whateve chicken dish! I still want to see the "new" chicken fingers though, if anyone has a picture of it.

Thanks
:)

I probably would like the turkey legs, but a long time ago I saw

people feeding those big birds some turkey (I see this EVERY trip!), and for some reason the thought of birds eating birds made me totally gross out and I haven't even been able to look at the turkey legs. :confused3

Plus, the people that sit there and gnaw on them with greasy faces turn me off
of them.

HOWEVER, no offense is intended. I'm sure they taste great. :flower3:

OMG!!! I've never heard anythign so funny (and true to me too!) as this! You slay me! LOL!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Love the food pics, but I was wondering if anyone could point me to the booze pics thread that was started. I've been searching, but can't find it!!!!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter