Disney Food Pictures...Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I'm so far ahead of myself... I saw April in your sig... and for some reason I thought it was may!

That's okay! I would never know what day (much less month) it was if I didn't have my calendar permanently attached to my hand. :rotfl:

How about some Casey's corndogs and fries to take your mind off the bickering over the turkey legs?

caseycorndogs.JPG

or maybe a $175 version of pork and beans from V&A's chef table a couple of years ago?

porkandbeans.JPG

:lmao: :lmao:

or maybe....just maybe that DELICIOUS no sugar added apple sauce that is available to the children at Pop Century?

POP12.JPG

How about some Casey's corndogs and fries to take your mind off the bickering over the turkey legs?

caseycorndogs.JPG

Oh man - I would LOVE a Casey's hot dog!! That is one our favorite places while at MK. We love to grab a couple of dogs and park along the curb waiting for the parade to begin. I have got to start planning a trip soon! :rotfl:

And OMG - $175 for pork & beans at V&A???? :scared1:

or maybe a $175 version of pork and beans from V&A's chef table a couple of years ago?

porkandbeans.JPG

:lmao: :lmao:

Tiny food! I'll take 4. ;)

"Yes, may I please have a full dozen green beans?"

As I plunk my Big Gulp cup on the V&A's table.

Actually, I reeeeally want to go there someday, when my kids are grown or I can afford Disney Daycare. Well, duh, if I could afford V&A, I can afford daycare.

Maybe someday!

They are red on the inside because they are smoked.

The redness comes from the smoking process. Any meat cooked low and slow with smoke will have that red color. It's not color.........it's flavor.
I just wanted to add, that if you eat at Flame Tree BBQ in AK they have a sign up saying that if the meat appears to be pink it's not undercooked, it's due to the smoking.

As for the size, the large turkey legs are from mature birds. The turkey you normally buy for holidays is a young bird (usually less than a year) so they are smaller. If you have ever seen a wild turkey (they are generally older) they are large birds too. The older birds are usually sold in parts rather than whole (i.e. deli turkey breast, legs, wings, carcasses for soup, scraps for dog food) so we never see birds that big in the local biggie mart freezer.
That's interesting, I learn something new every day! :)

i won't eat any meat off a bone if i can help it - it just grosses me out. just my personal preference. but i certainly don't mind someone posting pictures of it on here. :confused3
I prefer boneless too.

It's so weird... I have a hard time eating the meat off the bone of a chicken or turkey, but I don't have a problems sucking baby back rib bones dry!:rotfl:
I love ribs too. :goodvibes

Actually, I reeeeally want to go there someday, when my kids are grown or I can afford Disney Daycare. Well, duh, if I could afford V&A, I can afford daycare.

Maybe someday!
I really want to eat there someday too.

Tiny food! I'll take 4. ;)

"Yes, may I please have a full dozen green beans?"

As I plunk my Big Gulp cup on the V&A's table.

Maybe someday!

I'll baby sit! ANYthing to get to WDW!! :laughing:

i think it's all the fat and veins and cartilage or whatever that comes with it. just....yuck! i realize that ALL meat is at least connected to a bone at some point, but i would just rather not have to see it. :laughing:

I think that was my problem with it most of all. The legs have that stringy cartilege and it's not good. Having said that, I had the worst sinews/cartilege in a piece of ribs they served at WCC. It was burned and the sinsews looked like IV tubes. I pointed it out and was offered another piece but I just couldn't face it anymore, LOL.

My Sous Chef's wife is like that too.........she makes him take the bones out of everything before she will eat it. I don't get it, but I know lots of people have a "meat on the bone" issue.

:thumbsup2

I used to be that way as a kid I would not eat poultry of any sort, I can handle most boned meat now but totally understand those who can't!!

I love hotdogs and corn dogs! :rolleyes1

Mmmmm, nitrates and mystery parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter