Disney Dream Cruise Fish Extender Activity August 10-14, 2015

Alyson A

Mouseketeer
Hi!
My husband, 11 year old son, Conor, and I are sailing on the Disney Dream August 10-14, 2015. We are hoping to find other families interested in starting a FE activity on the cruise! Would love to share my affection for Disney and have a little fun with other interested families. I am open to volunteering to collect first names, ages of children, and cabin numbers so we can get this rolling! Have a magical day!

There has to be some families out there sailing on the Disney Dream August 10-14! Let's make some fun memories and start a fish extender group so we can exchange some goodies and make this cruise even more memorable!

Hello Disney cruise friends! Still trying to find families going on the August 10-14 Disney Dream cruise from Port Canaveral. Our family, including our 11 year old son Conor, would love to meet other fun families and participate in a fish extender game. We hope we can find a few people who want to participate. Let's make our cruise even more magical!

Hi Alyson! We are on the Disney Dream August 10-14 and would love to participate in a FE. It will be me and my three kids (DH can't join us this time) - DS 10, DD 8, and DS 6.

Hello! I am so excited to read that you and your family would like to participate. We are annual, sometimes more, visitors to WDW but this will be our first land and sea vacation. It sounds like you have cruised before, which is terrific. We heard about the FE game and thought our 11 year old DS would love it. If you have done this before, by all means, share some pointers on what information we need to exchange (it sounds like just cabin numbers?) and maybe some things the children would like to receive. I will have so much fun assembling treats for them. Can't wait to get started!

Hi! We are also sailing on the August 10-14 Disney Dream cruise and would LOVE to join the fish extenders! A friend of mine at work who also is a travel agent part-time was telling me about it. I'm assuming I am in the right spot, but I'm not sure. She mentioned something to me about following a link in Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account. I'm hoping I'm in the right place!

Hello! You are in the right place. We are avid WDW visitors, but this is our first cruise so we are swimming our way through the FE activity. I could not find a 'thread' for a FE game on the Dream for August 10-14 so I just started one. I think it is fairly simple. We exchange cabin numbers, and ages/genders of the kids (and/or adults), first names (if we want for personalization purposes) and decide how many people we want in our game. Once onboard, I don't know if we exchange on a particular day but we, as a group, can decide that. My son, Conor, is 11 and is very excited for the cruise! I will start making a list of names/ages/cabin numbers and will share with everyone once we finalize our group. So glad to have you participate. My name is Alyson, by the way!

Great! I've been to WDW once when I was five, but never since. This is going to be a big family trip with my husband and two kids, my mom and dad, and my sister and her three kids. I know she wanted to join the FE, too, so I'll be sure to let her know about the link for this site. My hubby, kids and I go to Disneyland multiple times a year because it's closer for us. We're DVC folks, which makes it nice, too. Nice to meet you! :)

Great! I've been to WDW once when I was five, but never since. This is going to be a big family trip with my husband and two kids, my mom and dad, and my sister and her three kids. I know she wanted to join the FE, too, so I'll be sure to let her know about the link for this site. My hubby, kids and I go to Disneyland multiple times a year because it's closer for us. We're DVC folks, which makes it nice, too. Nice to meet you! :)

Glad you are joining the game with us. I am just trying to gather basic information from the families who want to join the game. So, I just need the following:

Names and ages of your children and your cabin number.

If your sister would like to have her family join us, that would be great! Please post similar information. Once we get 10 families (or I end on July 10, whichever comes first) I will close our group and send out more details and share all of the information with people. This way we will limit our game to ten families and have about one month to purchase goodies for the fish extenders. We are all learning as we go but I think this is going to be something special for the kids (and adults!) Thanks so much -- Alyson

Hi! I'm the sister! My kids and I would love to sign up! Cabin # 9049
Mom-Pamela
Son-Riley age 12
Son- Tobey age 9
Daughter- Scarlett age 7
Thanks so much for starting this!

Great -- thank you so much for sending along your information. I have our friends 'ajo' and their information, too. So it looks like we have some adults playing as well as 9 children. I will send more information mid-July with everything you need to make your game complete.

This is going to be a lot of fun and I love how the rules are...there are no rules! The goodies and gifts can be bought or created, useful or playful, but ultimately they will be surprises for the children and that is all that matters.

By the way, Pam and Laura, where are you from? I am adding that information to our list as well.

Thanks again!

Alyson

We're all from Lincoln! :)

I have been plotting and planning the goodies already and can hardly wait!

Looking forward to it!!! :)

Hello Disney Dream (August 10 - 14) families! Can you believe our cruise is right around the corner? I am so excited and I know you all are, too! And, how much fun is our fish extender game going to be -- SO much fun! We have five families so far and I am hoping we get several more before our cut off date (around July 10). I know I have started picking up things here or there for the children and adults and I can't wait to share some goodies with you all. My son, Conor, is excited, too. He also hopes to meet some other children so if anyone will have kids going to the tween club, Conor will be there!

I will provide a list of participants mid- July but here is some information to help you get started (please let me know if I have incorrect information):

CABIN #9049
Disney Mom - Pam
Disney Son - Riley, 12
Disney Son - Tobey, 9
Disney Daughter - Scarlett, 7

CABIN #9047
Disney Mom - Laura
Disney Dad - Felix
Disney Daughter - Josephine, 7
Disney Son - Jonas, 4.5

CABIN #9044
Disney Grandma - Annette
Disney Grandpa - James

CABIN #5511
Disney Mom - Amy
Disney Son - Luke, 10
Disney Daughter - Claire, 8
Disney Son - Seth, 6

CABIN #9010
Disney Mom - Alyson
Disney Dad - Matthew
Disney Son - Conor, 11

I will provide updates as we get closer as well as more details on the actual exchange. Thanks so much! Have a magical day!

Alyson

Hi everyone! My husband and I (and our 3 boys) will also be sailing on this cruise. This will be our second time on the Disney Dream but our first time doing the FE. I remember seeing all the fish extenders outside the staterooms on our last cruise and thinking how much fun that would have been. We would love to join up in the game if there is still room. Here is our information:
Cabin #6142
DM - Melanie
DD - Keith
DS - Joseph, 14
DS - Elijah, 6
DS - Tristan, 4

If there is still room please let me know so I can start looking for gifts!!! I look forward to meeting you!
Thanks

Hi Melanie! So glad that you found us. Yes, of course! We are so happy to have your family onboard to join in the fun!

Thanks for sending your information. I will send updates as we get closer. You can see some of the information posted in replies above. Everyone is so excited. So glad you found us!

Have a Disney day!
Alyson

We're very excited for our first FE! Just in case anyone was planning to do food treats, I wanted to let you all know that my two younger kids can't eat chocolate or nuts (room 5511). Thanks!

Thanks, Amy! That is good information to know! Very soon (in about a week or two) I will re-compile the information I have and re-send the names/cabin numbers and information to everyone. If anyone else has an allergy or some important information we should know, please share it. I love being creative but I am not crafty at all -- but I am excited just to surprise everyone with little treats. What fun this will be. Thank you for participating!

Alyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter