Disney Dream Cruise Fish Extender Activity August 10-14, 2015

Wonderful! Shows you how friendly and generous our group is! I will wait a few days and then resend the list of cabins and info...and indicate who is exchanging with Tami and Joanna, our new members.

Alyson

Hi Tami and Joanna! We're also happy to include your families in our FE. I'm in the midst of making our gifts, so it's not a problem to make a couple more. :earsboy:

Here's our info:

CABIN #5511* (ajo)
Disney Mom - Amy
Disney Son - Luke, 10
Disney Daughter -Claire, 8
Disney Son - Seth, 6
*Please note that the two younger Disney children in Cabin #5511 cannot have chocolate or nuts! Thank you!

Hello everyone,
Thank you for including us in, essentially, the last hour. As Joanna mentioned I have two boys: 6 and 9 years old. We are all already excited about our first Disney cruise and this FE group has just put this whole vacay over the top.
We will start working on creating a FE for the cabin door but I need to understand how many gifts to make/buy. I read through the thread and certainly understand the general gist of it but I don't want to get this wrong. Is it a little something everyday for each person on the list for a particular family? Is it okay to just say it's only for our kids or is it customary/the norm for the whole family to be included? Gosh, i'm such a Newbie, sorry.
Thanks again!
Ampi

Thank you for including us. Heading out soon to make the FE. Yes, if you could give us a general idea on how this exchange work. I'm pretty crafty and work well under pressure. I just learned Disney discontinued the onboard mail character autograph service, therefore, my pillow case just got substituted for the FE.

Joanna

Thanks so much, Amy, for agreeing to add in a few extra families! :flower3:

Ampi, Joanna and Tami -- you need only prepare small treats one time per cabin. It is up to you whether you include the adults (but I am sure any of us adults would say it isn't necessary!) You do not purchase/create gifts for each day. If you read my note, a few threads above (the long one!), you will see that I mention the 'fish extenders' that hang from the metal fishes outside of your cabin. If you google/pinterest/etsy those words combined with Disney cruise you will see exactly what I am talking about. However, you need not make a fish extender...some sort of strong tote bag will be just fine and we'll know exactly where to put our 'secret treats!'

I have asked that everyone hang their fish extenders the evening of Day One (August 10) so they are ready for any early risers on Day Two...but you may not get gifts until Day three or Day four!

The exchange is fairly simple since it is done at your leisure. I think Melanie mentioned that they may do their deliveries during a game on the cruise...others may choose early morning, etc. Mine are all ready and packed (I needed an extra suitcase...do NOT do what I do (lol). I think I got carried away!) And I packaged each families treats and then placed them in a plastic bag with a large sticker of the room number and tied them. Once on the cruise I can roll luggage to each door, unzip and place in the fish extenders.

My cabin is #9010 and I will have extra lists on board in case anyone forgot theirs...and also a dry erase board on my door for any messages!

I hope that helps explain the game! :fish:

As I mentioned in an earlier note, I will wait until Sunday/Monday to see if others respond and then I will send a final list out indicating who all is in the 'first wave' of players and then who all is joining the 'second wave' of players. I think that will make sense and help clarify for you all. Right now, our family, Stephen's family, Melanie's family, and Amy's family from the first group are all participating in the second wave as well with Tami, Ampi and Joanna.

Here is the 'Second Wave' (this will help Joanna, Ampi and Tami know who they are exchanging with so far)
CABIN #5511* (ajo) Disney Mom - Amy
Disney Son - Luke, 10
Disney Daughter -Claire, 8
Disney Son - Seth, 6
*Please note that the two younger Disney children in Cabin #5511 cannot have chocolate or nuts! Thank you!

CABIN #6142 (mkander78)
Disney Mom - Melanie
Disney Dad - Keith
Disney Son - Joseph, 14
Disney Son - Elijah, 6
Disney Son - Tristan, 4

CABIN #6592 (Stephen O)

Disney Dad - Stephen
Disney Mom - Gretel
Disney Son - Tristan, 6
Disney Daughter - Jasmine, 3

CABIN #9010 (Alyson A)
Disney Mom - Alyson, 44
Disney Dad - Matthew, 37
Disney Son - Conor, 11

CABIN #10104
Disney Mom -Tami
Disney Dad - Kenny A.
Disney Son- Kenny, 13
Disney Daughter-Camas 9 (peanut/tree nut allergy)

CABIN #10000
Disney Mom - Joanna (Jo)
Disney Dad - Jim
Disney Daughter - Brooke, 9
Disney Son - Tyler, 7

CABIN #10002
Disney Mom - Ampi
Disney Dad - Miguel
Disney Son - Obi, 9
Disney Son - Marc, 6

Whew!

We are all sure to have a great time on the cruise and can't wait to meet everyone.

Alyson

P.S. Oh, and my son is 11.5 and cannot wait to meet other kids. We call him the 'friend maker!'

Thank you for including us. Heading out soon to make the FE. Yes, if you could give us a general idea on how this exchange work. I'm pretty crafty and work well under pressure. I just learned Disney discontinued the onboard mail character autograph service, therefore, my pillow case just got substituted for the FE.

Joanna
I am so glad you mentioned Disney discontinuing the onboard autograph service through Guest Services! We didn't know about it on our last cruise and I had planned to try it out this time! I'm a little bummed but I had not mentioned it to my boys (it was going to be a surprise) so they won't know any different. We will just have to make the time to meet them personally! :-)

I would be happy to include the newest families as well - I am finishing up my surprises this weekend so I will grab some extra Disney Love. Mu hubby who isn't joining us for this trip thinks I am insane with this Disney stuff. P.S. Alyson if we are still considering a name I would love to throw in a suggestion. How about Disney Dream Catchers? Yes it's corny but I thought cute......

Thanks for including the new families, Maria! That is fantastic! I will make final updates in the next few days.

I love the name, too. Good thinking. Very creative! Anyone else want to throw a name out? If not, let's use it.

Alyson

I am so excited. My favorite thing at Christmas is to do the stocking stuffers! Thank you for making my family a part of this! Tami

Good evening, Dream Catchers! Are you all excited? We sure are! I was going to wait until Sunday to send an updated list but thought it would be better to send tonight in case anyone was shopping/crafting this weekend. So, here goes......

The 'First Wave' list is for the initial Fish Extender group who expressed an interest in exchanging surprises. The 'Second Wave' list is for families who joined us later as well as some families from the first group. I think it will be easy to understand once you take a look.

Have a safe trip, friends, and I will see you on August 10th!!

Alyson

P.S. If I have made any mistakes, please let me know!

A couple things to remember over the next few weeks:
1. Above all...have fun with this! So far we all have enjoyed commenting on this thread and learning some tips about the Dream, cruising, and the excursions so please feel free to continue to comment and share. I feel like I know many of you already! :)

2. The Fish Extender will actually hang from the metal fish located on your door/on the side of your door. You can't miss it. If you Google 'Disney cruise cabin doors' you will see them (I didn't want to take up space with the links but you can easily find them!) You may also use sites like Etsy or Pinterest to get ideas of how to create your Fish Extender or even purchase one!

3. The gifts/surprises need not be homemade but they don't need to be purchased either! You can create gifts for each person or a family. Again, there are a lot of ideas on sites like Etsy or Pinterest, but I have seen many cute Disney related items at discount stores, too! And, you can include your name as the gift giver or remain anonymous! We have a good size group so don't feel like you need to give multiple gifts -- there will be plenty of treasures to go around! Just keep in mind that we all need to take home whatever gifts we receive and luggage space is a premium!
4. We have small children playing and big kids playing -- which is going to make our Fish :fish:Extender Activity so much fun!

5. Let's officially begin our game on Day Two -- Tuesday, August 11 -- so everyone can unpack on Day One, find their Extender, and get it hung up! Please hang your Extender on the evening of Day One for any early risers on Day Two!

6. It sounds like some of us are going to meet up on Day One, after the muster drill, at 4:30 p.m. in the D Lounge on Deck 4 (the muster drill is on Deck 4 anyway!) I will bring a name tag so everyone can look for me (I am short with dark hair) and we'll just gather our group for a drink, a toast, a picture...whatever!

7. I am going to hang a dry erase board on our cabin door (#9010) so if you need anything or forgot the room numbers, just scribble me a note and I will get them to you -- I am bringing extra copies!

Here are the 'Disney Dream Catchers' Fish Extender Teams -'First Wave' (this group below exchanges with each other)

CABIN #5511 (ajo)
Disney Mom - Amy
Disney Son - Luke, 10
Disney Daughter -Claire, 8*
Disney Son - Seth, 6**Please note that the two younger Disney children in Cabin #5511 cannot have chocolate or nuts! Thank you!

CABIN #9049 (DisneyMomPS)
Disney Mom - Pamela
Disney Son - Riley, 12
Disney Son - Tobey, 9
Disney Daughter - Scarlett, 7

CABIN #9047 (LincolnDVCMembers)
Disney Mom - Laura
Disney Dad - Felix
Disney Daughter - Josephine, 7
Disney Son - Jonas, 4.5

CABIN #9044
Disney Grandma - Annette
Disney Grandpa - James

CABIN #6142 (mkander78)
Disney Mom - Melanie
Disney Dad - Keith
Disney Son - Joseph, 14
Disney Son - Elijah, 6
Disney Son - Tristan, 4

CABIN #6592 (Stephen O)
Disney Dad - Stephen
Disney Mom - Gretel
Disney Son - Tristan, 6

CABIN #7166 (Txlashes)
Disney Friend - Christina, 35
Disney Friend - Paul, 36
Disney Friend - Lindsay, 33
Disney Friend - Daniel, 32 (but will be 33 on August 15th Happy pre-birthday, Daniel!)

CABIN #7164
Disney Friend - Carl, 60
Disney Friend - Pam, 61
Disney Boy - Christopher, 7
Disney Boy - Zachary, 5

CABIN #7681 (MariaDL)
Disney Mom - Maria, 46
Disney Mom/Grandma – Maria, 76
Disney Son - Dylan, 20
Disney Son - Noah, 16
Disney Son Dylan's Girlfriend - CaraLynn, 18

CABIN #9010 (Alyson A)
Disney Mom - Alyson, 44
Disney Dad - Matthew, 37
Disney Son - Conor, 11

Here are the 'Disney Dream Catchers' Fish Extender Teams -'Second Wave' (this group below exchanges with each other)

CABIN #5511 (ajo)

Disney Mom - Amy
Disney Son - Luke, 10
Disney Daughter -Claire, 8*
Disney Son - Seth, 6*

CABIN #6142 (mkander78)
Disney Mom - Melanie
Disney Dad - Keith
Disney Son - Joseph, 14
Disney Son - Elijah, 6
Disney Son - Tristan, 4

CABIN #6592 (Stephen O)

Disney Dad - Stephen
Disney Mom - Gretel
Disney Son - Tristan, 6

CABIN #9010 (Alyson A)
Disney Mom - Alyson, 44
Disney Dad - Matthew, 37
Disney Son - Conor, 11.5

CABIN #7681 (MariaDL)
Disney Mom - Maria, 46
Disney Mom/Grandma – Maria, 76
Disney Son - Dylan, 20
Disney Son - Noah, 16
Disney Son Dylan's Girlfriend - CaraLynn, 18

CABIN #10104 (TBanderson40)
Disney Mom -Tami
Disney Dad - Kenny A.
Disney Son- Kenny, 13
Disney Daughter-Camas 9*
*Please note that Disney daughter Camas has a peanut/tree nut allergy. Thank you!

CABIN #10000 (Mom2BandT)
Disney Mom - Joanna (Jo)
Disney Dad - Jim
Disney Daughter - Brooke, 9
Disney Son - Tyler, 7

CABIN #10002 (Mom2BandT)
Disney Mom - Ampi
Disney Dad - Miguel
Disney Son - Obi, 9
Disney Son - Marc, 6

Alyson,
You're amazing, thank you so very much coordinating all of this. Do we give the gifts out all in one day or disperse througout our trip? Also, Ampi created her own account, which is "Ampslife". Though she is my cabin neighbor (and bff), I don't want to be her secretary, lol. We are having fun putting all of these goodies together. We are EXTREMELY happy to be part of this.

Jo

haha...thanks for letting me know, Jo! I don't want this vacation to be WORK for you! So happy to have you guys on board our little game!

Once the 'fish extenders' are set out the evening of Day One, you are welcome to load them up on any day you wish: Day Two, Day Three or Day Four. (Personally, I think I will distribute mine the morning of Day Two because I will be so excited!) But you can do whatever is easiest for your group -- all at once or distribute a couple a day.

Alyson

Hello Dream Catchers!

Just wanted to send a quick message to everyone to wish you all safe travels and I look forward to meeting everyone on Monday after the drill in the D-Lounge! And, just a reminder that I printed and packed a few extra lists in case anyone forgets theirs -- we are in cabin #9010.

Also, my gifts (once I assembled them) came out a little bigger than expected and judging by the size of our own fish extender... :fish:our gifts may not fit in your fish extender. So, I apologize in advance if you return to your room and find your gifts in a bag on the floor! :sunny:

Have a magical trip!

Alyson :earsgirl:

Also, my gifts (once I assembled them) came out a little bigger than expected and judging by the size of our own fish extender... :fish:our gifts may not fit in your fish extender. So, I apologize in advance if you return to your room and find your gifts in a bag on the floor! :sunny:

DITTO! If you guys have shared pockets, then you may find a very UN-MAGICAL grocery bag hanging from your fish!

Maybe I'll have to coordinate with Alyson to make sure we don't create a fire hazard outside your cabins! :)

Hi everybody! Just a heads up that we'll try and make the get together at 4:30 but we need to be on the top deck for sail away because some family members will be watching the sail away via the port canaveral webcam.

Sorry! But we will try and make it.

Have a great cruise!!
Alyson

Hi everybody! Just a heads up that we'll try and make the get together at 4:30 but we need to be on the top deck for sail away because some family members will be watching the sail away via the port canaveral webcam.

Sorry! But we will try and make it.

Have a great cruise!!
Alyson

Thanks to all of our fellow "dreamers" for making our first FE so much fun! We really appreciated your generosity and creativity! We definitely got some great ideas for next time. ;) Thanks again for adding even more magic to our cruise!

Thank you all for a wonderful first cruise experience with the fish extender exchange. I am sorry I did not get to meet any of you on board and Alyson my boys told me they had the pleasure of meeting you - hopefully we can all try to keep in touch. I hope everyone had a great Disney experience.

Hello Dream Catchers!

Did you all have a magical time on your cruise? We had an amazing time! Being back at my office this morning makes me long for our next vacation. So, just a heads up that Matthew, Conor and I booked a cruise on the Dream August 8 - 12, 2016, in case any of you will be traveling again at the same time. We would love to participate in the fish extender game again! :fish:

I wanted to echo the sentiments mentioned above. Thank you all SO MUCH for your wonderful and thoughtful gifts. The surprises were overwhelming and we had such fun returning to our stateroom to find neat, personalized (and useful) gifts. I had so much fun meeting you all -- even through the messages, though I did enjoy meeting Maria's sons face to face. And, we got to meet Melanie's family and Stephen's family, too. How awesome was that?

Being a part of this game was extra-special and I always enjoy meeting fellow Disney fans. As we head into fall and winter (we live in the snowiest small city in the U.S.) I will look back on this cruise and think of all of the great memories including our little Dream Catcher family. Thank you!

Alyson :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter