***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
my3princes said:
Here is a New Year's design. I think I'm getting the hang of this :)
63925New_Years_web.jpg

Deb
Nice. I like it. your right you are getting the hang of it.

triplefigs said:
I asked and they said it wouldn't show up. Although, I used a light transfer on my light blue shirt (didn't have any more dark), and it worked just fine. The design had a lot of blue in it, so it was ok.
Thanks, Denise!

triplefigs said:

This is the shirt I used the light Ebay transfer.

Tammi -- I think it's almost a gamble :guilty: With lots of desgisn, they show up but the color of the shirt shows through and distorts a lot of colors. Here's one I did, and (contrary to the lighting in the picture), this is actually a really really light grey shirt. I think it all depends on the design and the color of the shirt, because Denise's looks great, and mine was with the ebay paper, too! :confused3

teentitans.jpg

tink2020 said:
Tammi -- I think it's almost a gamble :guilty: With lots of desgisn, they show up but the color of the shirt shows through and distorts a lot of colors. Here's one I did, and (contrary to the lighting in the picture), this is actually a really really light grey shirt. I think it all depends on the design and the color of the shirt, because Denise's looks great, and mine was with the ebay paper, too! :confused3

teentitans.jpg

Maybe it's because my design had a solid background witha border? There was virtually no white on the design. And the blue of the design was a lot darker than the shirt.

Tinkaroo said:
I got the earlier snowman comic over e-mail today, along with some others. Thought this group's sense of humor would appreciate these:

SnowComic.jpg

Rudolph.jpg
DH loved these.

bear74 said:
Jennifer Have a great trip. I like your snowman tree. you said you normally put up 2? Man I just have the time to put up 1.

Thanks! We do put up two. One has the "other" ornaments (pictures, Disney, gifts from people, homemeade ones, etc).... it's actually my favorite, but is huge and harder to put up!

julia & nicks mom said:
Deb -

I love it!!

I have a design tip for you - when I have a dark background - I like to give the letters a white or light border to help them pop a little!! Otherwise - I think your design rocks!!

Thanks for the tip. So far I haven't tried to highlight the print. I guess I'll have to go play some more.

Deb

Tammi67 said:
Which reminds me.....what happens again if you use light transfer paper on a dark shirt? I forget, and I ran out of dark paper.
Hey, a T-shirt question! Must have stunned everyone, because I see no one replied yet. (Oops, now I see you did get some responses. Stupid server was too busy when I first tried to post!) :badpc:

If you use light transfer paper, any white areas will come out as the T-shirt's color when it's ironed on. Think of "white" on paper as being "clear" on the T-shirt.

TAMMI

DO NOT USE A LIGHT TRANSFER SHEET ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A PASTEL OR LIGHT GRAY OR WHITE SHIRT

I will be back in a minute with an example

MinnieMouseMom said:
Well, I'm so far behind, I think I'm just going to start from current. LOL Anyway, got my MVMCP pics today. First is my family and the second is my family, my parents, Dh's mom, sister, aunt & uncle. Click to make bigger

You guys look awesome in your matching shirts.

Deb

Ok, Davis and BK are "playing" the Grand Floridian and making Gingerbread houses with icing out of blocks! Think I've got my addicts (Rees is at therapy or he'd be doing it too!)

Thanks, Deb!

triplefigs said:
Ok, Davis and BK are "playing" the Grand Floridian and making Gingerbread houses with icing out of blocks! Think I've got my addicts (Rees is at therapy or he'd be doing it too!)

:rotfl2:

Thanks everyone for your explainations of light paper on dark shirts. The 2 designs I have left to do have no white on them. I take that back, DH's has a tiny little spot. I can trim around the edges perfectly to get all remaining paper off. At this point I have nothing to lose, and if they don't turn out I won't be too broken up about it. They are going on a light gray shirt and a light pink shirt. However, since Kate I adamant about not doing it, I will wait for her example before making my final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter