Disney Cruise vs Celebrity Cruise pricing

We've also been all in on DCL, but we were very impressed with Celebrity and will start booking more Celebrity over Disney.
Just remember, Dreams also will book Celebrity for you, you will also get an on board credit from Dreams. I've been using Tracey for my booking with the usual great service.

We are doing a Christmas cruise on celebrity for 7 days. Three cabins, two ocean view, one balcony, six people. The cost was slightly over half of what Disney would have charged for same categories. And this includes drinks, gratuities and wifi. i did get reservations in three of the extra cost restaurants, but even with those the price was much cheaper. we will miss disney but the price was too good.

I still adore DCL and will sail it many times. I would like to find an additional line that has more varied itineraries and dates to supplement DCL.

Question: For those of us folk who would never book Concierge on DCL, what is it like sailing in a plain ole verandah room on Celebrity?

I still adore DCL and will sail it many times. I would like to find an additional line that has more varied itineraries and dates to supplement DCL.

Question: For those of us folk who would never book Concierge on DCL, what is it like sailing in a plain ole verandah room on Celebrity?
You might want to e-mail Tracey at Dreams and ask her, she just got off the Edge in a standard veranda cabin.

This is a standard aft verandah on Celebrity Edge. It was amazing. There are not many traditional verandahs on the Edge class, so if you want one, you have to book early.

I didn't get a picture of the shower, but it's standup and fairly large. The rooms have a ton of USB ports as well.

Yup, that's how most of us use both DCL and others like Celebrity in our travels.

For the cabins, a few preliminaries first.

Celebrity has three classes of ships by way of their modernization.

1. Edge, Apex, and soon-to-join Beyond are the new ships. All cabins are modern - like those of a boutique upscale hotel - with bathrooms to match. People have split opinions on the 'infinity verandahs'. Google for some pictures.

2. Four ships have been what they call 'revolutionized' - a refurbishment that basically transforms the ship to give that modern boutique hotel feel. These are Millennium, Summit, Equinox, and Silhouette. Their cabins are similar in finishes to those on the newer ships.

3. The remaining fleet is either still in line to get 'revolutionized' or will remain as is. You can see the timeline here:
https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-revolutionTheir cabins may look dated - in comparison anyways - but the prices are also more attractive.

Generally speaking, the Celebrity cabins are smaller than DCL's. If you are traveling as a family of four or more, you may have to book more than one. Sometimes the connecting cabins will give you more room - not to mention, two washrooms - versus a suite. If you don't care for the suite perks, that may be the way to go.

One thing I didn't mention as a plus for Celebrity is I didn't have to plan to be online at a certain time on a certain day, and to be paid in full, to book any spa or excursions. When we book an Alaska cruise for 2022 in August of 2021 we were able to make selections then.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter