Disney cruise and proper ID- please need help

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
hi

i am a canadian citizen and a permenant US resident (green card)
has anyone cruised DCL and needed to obtain a passport? was your green card and drivers license enough ID?

just wondering

thanks

:cool1:

I do believe you will need a passport when boarding they collect them and return them upon arrival back in port. You will be travelling into international waters so a passport as far as I know is required.

On the 3 Disney cruises I've been on (the most recent was Oct 30-Nov 6/04), we've always used passports. As per the other poster, because you are going to the Caribbean ports, I believe you need a passport. They did take our passports from us at Port Canaveral and then returned them to us on the last morning on the ship. In any case, I would get a passport; you don't want to take any chances and miss your cruise!

Have a wonderful time! I'm so jealous!

ps. my fellow American passengers on my cruises all had passports too.

Hi :wave: Our family plus inlaws went on the cruise a year ago, None of the 11 of us had a passport. I don't drive so I just had my birth certificate and health card.My two daughters had health cards pluss only birth registrations, not the actual birth cirtificate. It all was fine but now they are both sending for thier certificates. My sister-inlaw, the travel agent that went ,flipped out afterwards, about the certificates.

No reason not to have a passport. They are a universally accepted form of identification and easy and quick enough to get.

The health card is not a valid form of I.D.

I have been on 3 DCL and never had a passport. Proof of Canadian Citizenship and government issued photo identification is all you require. They will take your birth certificate upon embarkation and you will receive it back on the last day. Save the money and spend it on board! :flower1:

She Checked It Out For Me During My Melt Down Last Week At This Time!!! She Called Dcl: One Of The Following, Valid Passport, Original Birth Cert, Or Naturalization Cert. My Ta Also Verified This, And When My Docs Came Yesterday, There's A Bright Orange Card Stating The Same, You'll Be Fine. Have Fun!

We Leave In 8 Days, Land & Sea Jan 3o-feb6
2004-fw
1981-off Property

Glad to hear your documents came and you feel better - Have a wonderful Vacation and be sure to post when you get back. I'd love to hear how it went! :Pinkbounc

Teresa

If you are a PR in the USA, not only do you have to have ID, but you have to submit something that shows your status. If you haven't (yet) naturalized and therefore can get a US Passport, you need to surrender your I-551 card (and I-797C extension letter if the I-551 is expired) when you check in. I still brought my CDN passport when I went, though, as USCIS had to stamp it when I went through the non-citizen clearance on debarkation morning... All your cruise docs should tell this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter