DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Love the father-daughter mini trip! Would love to do that with my Dad one day. And Poly concierge! Wow! So fun :) How was the food offerings?

I've never seen that Pixar parade! (and obviously now I won't!) It looks super cute though. I wonder what parade will be coming in next!

I love your "Earning My Ears" ears! So cute!

That would be so cool if Disney made a version of Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey with Aladdin in the Cave of Wonders! Buuuuut... I wouldn't be able to go on it. The one time I went on HP & TFJ, I had my eyes closed the entire time because that ride is the most unfriendly ride for motion sickness!

Ohmygosh, your day of resort hopping looked like so much fun, but I got tired just from reading it!

For some reason, when I think of the rooms at the Polynesian, I always think of the really old room design, but the new design is GORGEOUS! :bitelip:

That's wonderful! I am not exactly sure, but I think sending it to a link like this would work! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

You can always search something like "walt disney world guest comments" on google to look for a site... but that one seems the most legitimate from the options I was looking at!

Jess,the below address is really great to use.:)

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

Guests should give as much info as possible such as the name of the CM(if known),location of the Great Service,time of day,etc.:)

It may take a few days,but Disney WILL respond in some way to emails at this address.:)

That is so cool that the Poster wants the CM to receive some well-deserved recognition!:)

Thank you Jess and WEDWDW for the info. I used your link Jess, it was an online form and asked how I could get the CM's recognized. I got a response from Bart at Disney Online Communications who told me to reply to his email and he would make sure the appropriate people got it. So I did.

Hopefully all the CM's get some kind of recognition. pixiedust: They were all truly wonderful and I hope to go back for her 91st next year.

Have a wonderful time with your father. What great memories you will have.

Beth

April 7th, 2013 (Part 2) - Introducing the King Kamehameha Club!

OH. MY GOD.

I have only stayed at one other club level before and it was at Yacht Club back in January 2011. It was INCREDIBLE there so I had high hopes.

On the third floor there is this gorgeous seating area with chairs, a TV, and just a beautiful setting.

dsc0337jo.jpg

Then you take the stairs down to the main level of the lounge... not to mention there's a BEAUTIFUL VIEW.

dsc0338ou.jpg

And then I stepped into the Polynesian club level and I was BLOWN AWAY. It's absolutely gigantic!!!! Oh my God!

dsc0336uu.jpg

It's the King Kamehameha Club!

dsc0339d.jpg

dsc0343sw.jpg

dsc0344th.jpg

There was a TON of seating and the windows have a view of the Magic Kingdom/Magic Kingdom Resorts!!! I swear I must have been dreaming! I am so incredibly thankful that I got to stay there. I can't even believe this trip happened.

dsc0340vh.jpg

dsc0341wp.jpg

dsc0342il.jpg

img0019gm.jpg

We walked down near the food area and at that hour they had cookies out and drinks!! The best juice was the pineapple, guava and orange juice aka Pog juice. HOLY COW.

dsc0368ef.jpg

I also had an oatmeal raisin cookie. I was getting SO HUNGRY. MUST GET FOOD.

Time to walk to the Grand Ceremonial House!

dsc0348ea.jpg

We decided to get some lunch! Dad got a burger because HE WAS ON VACATION! Woohooo! He loved it!

dsc0351rp.jpg

I got the Aloha Pork Sandwich which was really good! Why all of my meals don't have the word "Aloha" in the title, I don't know. I took off the cucumbers and tomato because I'm boring... but the sandwich tasted fantastic! I couldn't eat it all because it was huge but WOW! Yum.

dsc0353rj.jpg

For dessert dad got an apple pie pastry which was FANTASTIC!

dsc0349gn.jpg

I got a Minnie Mouse cupcake! It was a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate mousse dome on top. It was SO CUTE. The cake itself was a little bit dry but overall it was great! I ate every single bit of mousse!

dsc0350mj.jpg

We got our refillable drink mugs too! Gotta love that dining plan! Dad got a blue one and I got a black one!

We went back up to the room and unpacked everything. The Polynesian also left us a box of chocolates and a welcome letter. I JUST DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS TO DESCRIBE.

dsc0354or.jpg

dsc0355yk.jpg

Also... Turtle towel animal. YES.

dsc0357mo.jpg

We figured out our rough plans for the trip and then headed down to the beach!

We grabbed some chairs right by the water and the relaxation began.

dsc0358j.jpg

img0031iu.jpg

The Polynesian has the PERFECT beach. You still get the super nice sand and the water view... But then the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary, and the Grand Floridian are casually on the horizon. IT'S FINE. NO BIG DEAL. I COULD ONLY HEAR THE FINALE OF DREAM ALONE WITH MICKEY FROM MY SEAT. IT'S FINE.

dsc0359e.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Being a beach bum. Ttyl.

dsc0360g.jpg

So basically I was soaking up the sun (when it wasn't covered by the occasional giant cloud) and I was just reflecting on how thankful I am for everything in my life. I'm SO happy my dad was able to come visit and now we are having the trip of a lifetime!

Continued in Next Post

I unblocked all of you guys. It's definitely a bug with Twitter because it just keeps happening and happening to random people. If anyone else is having the problem, just post your username and I'll unblock it!

Me too @ chriscx9

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wow, I know where I want to stay for my next "vacation"! Poly club level looks amazing

April 7th, 2013 (Part 3) - Club Level Offerings and Taking a Monorail to Epcot!

We stayed down at the beach for a good while. We went back inside around 5:15 pm and went to go check out the club level offerings. There were so many appetizers to try! There was pineapple in caramel sauce, bacon wrapped chicken, pita bread and hummus, a pastry filled with raspberry and bre cheese, etc. Everything was AWESOME. I had to sample as much as I possibly could!

dsc0364c.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Bacon wrapped chicken. Once again, what is my life?!

dsc0365gw.jpg

Corn dog nuggets! NOMS!

dsc0369vs.jpg

That hummus was AMAZING.

dsc0370bz.jpg

dsc0372ru.jpg

Who would've thought pineapples and caramel would be the most incredible combination to exist!? IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!

dsc0373rb.jpg

My plate:

dsc0366di.jpg

Here's Dad's plate... he loved that chicken!

dsc0367ka.jpg

Then we went back to the room. I did some instagramming and posted a bunch of pictures from yesterday. Then we got ready to go to Epcot!

img0032fx.jpg

I was SO ready!! POR FAVOR MANTENGASE ALEJADO DE MIS VACACIONES! Deer face and all.

img0034ia.jpg

We took a monorail from the Polynesian to the TTC. Then we transferred monorails and went to Epcot!

img0033xwp.jpg

My dad hasn't seen the Flower and Garden festival since my 13th birthday trip, so when you do that loop over Epcot and you see a bunch of the flowers he got really excited! Yay!

We got off of the monorail and admired the topiaries at the beginning of the park.

dsc0375q.jpg

I had to take a picture of this back drop because I kind of LOVE it.

img0035gi.jpg

We walked through Future World and Dad wanted to take a look in the butterfly house!

dsc0377sj.jpg

Unfortunately all of the butterflies were hiding tonight! We couldn't find ANY. It wasn't a waste though - I took lots of topiary pictures!

dsc0378av.jpg

dsc0379c.jpg

dsc0380gb.jpg

dsc0381gz.jpg

dsc0382qx.jpg

dsc0383bd.jpg

Continued in Next Post

April 7th, 2013 (Part 4) - Via Napoli and Toy Story Mania!

Then we headed into World Showcase! We took the Canada way and dad said "I wonder when Off Kilter is playing.." It's his favorite thing in Epcot... actually, probably in Disney. I couldn't have planned this better - their show was starting in 6 minutes!!

I posted on twitter:
It wouldn't be a father daughter trip if I didn't watch Off Kilter with my Daddy!

So we grabbed some seats and listened! We were both loving it! There were some different guys out tonight than I had seen before and the bag pipe player was out! Woohoo! It was such a good show and they played a lot of songs I have never heard them do before!

dsc0386hl.jpg

I posted on twitter:
When the bagpipes are played right, they sound FANTASTIC. #offkilter

After the show we walked right to Italy! My dad requested to go to Via Napoli on this trip so that's exactly where we went right on the first night!

dsc0387q.jpg

We checked in about a half an hour before our original reservation time (8 instead of 8:30 pm) and we were seated very quickly! The crowds were GONE. Seriously like.. Spring break was over. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WOOORLD!

Dad and I started off with a Cesar salad and some bread and olive oil! Yum! What a delicious prelude.

dsc0389kq.jpg

dsc0390dd.jpg

Then we were brought our PEPPERONI PIZZA. I literally cannot get enough of this stuff. It's so good every single time I eat it. The cheese, the dough, and the pepperoni are all so fresh! AHHH PIZZA LOVE!

dsc0393jc.jpg

We were unfortunately too full for dessert. So we paid and said goodbye to our waiter, Andrea!

Then we headed out and walked over to the UK! Illuminations was going on and it was BEAUTIFUL. I loved it. Walking out of Via Napoli/the Italy Pavilion during IllumiNations is one of the most magical things.

We exited through the United Kingdom and walked through the Boardwalk all the way to Hollywood Studios! The timing worked out perfectly for us to grab a ride on Toy Story Mania before close! Dad mentioned how he really wanted to go on that ride during the trip and now was a better time than any! YAY!

Dad was SUPER excited to go on this ride because he hasn't been on it since our Christmas 2011 trip. We made so many fun memories on that ride when we would get up super early together and run to DHS to get the fastpasses and such. It was good to be back!

We made it to Pixar Place with about 10 minutes to spare before park closing. The line only took about 10-15 minutes and we were on in no time! I ended up getting MY SECOND BEST SCORE OF ALL TIME!!! Oh yeahhh.

dsc0394ud.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Toy Story Champ ova hereeee!

dsc0395vv.jpg

Then we headed out of the park! Surge was working on Hollywood Boulevard so I introduced him to my dad and he took our picture!

dsc0396rd.jpg

Then we headed back to the Polynesian. The bus was right there for us! They stopped at the Contemporary first and then the Polynesian was second! Yay.

I had to go see the lounge again because I COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS ACTUALLY STAYING HERE.

dsc0402pm.jpg

We got back to the room and there were chocolates on our bed. I FORGOT THAT CLUB LEVEL DID THAT AND I WAS IN LOVE. Oh my God. And they are GOOD chocolates. They're like chocolate mint. Yum.

dsc0403l.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I came home to chocolates on my pillow. The Polynesian loves me.

img0037ct.jpg

Then I watched lots of Stacey until it was time for bed! What a fantastic day!

Continued in Next Post

I loved that your TSM "prize" was a deer! It looks like a terrific first full day.

You have inspired me, Jess. I am starting my DCP in May, and thanks to you, am planning on doing my own trip report. Reading your posts makes me so excited for my own adventure!
-Lizzie

I drank SO much POG juice on my trip to Hawaii a few years ago! Also, my Dad is obsessed with Off Kilter too! :)

You have inspired me, Jess. I am starting my DCP in May, and thanks to you, am planning on doing my own trip report. Reading your posts makes me so excited for my own adventure!
-Lizzie

I start my CP in May and I want to do a "trip report" too!

Wow! I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy such special father-daughter time!:hug:

Your room at the Poly was beautiful, so light and airy. The view from the concierge club seems so relaxing, looking out onto the beach and MK.:cloud9:

Yum! Pineapple and caramel; that sounds delish!

You make resort hopping look so fun! We need to try that. Not sure how long we'd last though. :faint:

I love that your dad got excited at seeing Epcot looking gorgeous with the flowers, then casually walks over to Canada to find out one of his favorite bands is playing while wearing a t-shirt from his wonderful daughter.:cutie: pixiedust:

So glad you had a great time.:goodvibes

I always want to spend some of my Disney time just hopping around to different resorts. They really are so fun to visit. You took some nice resort pics.

I wanted to tell you, in case you collect more pressed pennies, that you should make sure to use pennies that are the year 1982 or older. Then you will be using 100% copper pennies which are better. If they are newer, they are only coated with copper and the pressed pennies are not as good. Just a little penny tip. (but I would never just leave a penny for a tip because that would be rude) haha.

Via Napoli, and then Toy Story Mania. That may be one of the greatest combinations ever!!

I am DYING to stay club level one day. IT WOULD BE INCREDIBLE.

A BOX OF CHOCOLATES?! The Poly is perfect. The end.

What a perfect way to start off your father daughter trip! Pizza and TSM. AWESOME.

that is so cute!!!I loved reading your twitter during this time too because,it reminded me of all the fun I used to have with my Dad.Cherish every moment because unfortunately dad's don't live forever.:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter