DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Thanks Jess, we'll try to swing by Coronado in a few weeks so my daughter can say hi & maybe pin trade with you (it would make her day). Thanks again & take care!

Hey Jess! Haven't written in a bit, but I've been following along and loving it! I'm so happy for you that you are living out your dream. Way to go! Enjoy every minute of it! Also, my twitter is kelliroo3. Thanks, can't wait to follow along on there too! :)

Jess, just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I'm enjoying your trip report! In between your updates I've been going back and reading your previous reports; they are so much fun to read!

Thanks for writing and enjoy your week!

Subbing! Really enjoying your TR - I worked at the Boardwalk concierge for nine months, so it's fun to hear about what it's like at Coronado. It's a great role for a DISer. :goodvibes And that Easter cupcake looks delish!

What a great trip report! Enjoy every minute of your journey and thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!

I do not use Twitter that much but would love to keep up with updates between trip report updates. :-) My twitter: ke11ey

Hello. I'm also blocked. I follow you on Instagram and would love to follow along on Twitter. I've been blocked for some time now and was wondering what I did :confused3 Glad it's not just me.

I'm disneyfiedash on twitter and instagram.

I've read all of your TR and really enjoy them. Thanks for writing!

Hi Jess, I go away for a week and I have so much to catch up on. :)

I just wanted to update you on dinner for my Mom's 90th birthday at Grand Floridian Café. We arrived around 4:20 for our 5:05 reservation. The orchestra was playing so we waited listening to them. We didn't tell Mom where we were going just we were taking her someplace special. Everyone at the Grand Floridian treated her so special. Two girls at the concierge gave us a pin and three balloons. A random CM walking by stopped and took all our cameras and took pictures (there were 12 of us, many cameras, he took lots of pictures). The server was awesome, suggesting wines, helping with the menu. We had a really great cake with Cinderella's castle on top made special. It truly was a Grand Celebration!

I'm hoping you can help me with something. I would like to get these people recognized, I meant to speak to someone before we left but I got caught up in the celebration and forgot. How can I do it now that I am home. I couldn't find any email addresses to send to. What do you suggest I should do?

As soon as I figure it out, I'll post a picture.

Beth

So excited to be here at Disney! Such a last minute decision...things lined up....it came with lots of stress...but, tomorrow watching my son perform with the middle school band on stage at DTD will make the journey worth it! Check in today at POP was also stressed....they sent us to an occupied room...which we walked into! :( had to journey back to front desk....and they were on the phone way to long fixing the problem...RFD(is that right? Trying to get out the door to explore AKL) I was holding tight my pixie dust...hoping for an upgrade to another resort or our issue and WAIT...but, instead we got the room next door! However, an hour of sunny pool time....a "King" cupcake...DELICIOUS...Got me back on track in the Disney mindset!!!! Off to explore....and I'll be looking for you Jess...

I'm Blocked too @suzij13

I'm blocked now, too. I was wondering why you hadn't tweeted.

@dvcToo

I'm also blocked - Kimberly_pham

Me to: stepher83

If you have time, I am blocked on Twitter too. @angiedswift. I have not posted on your trip report, but it is great! Have a blast and enjoy every minute of it!

I've literally read this all with in the space of 2 days and I'm LOVING it! If you could follow me twitter I would be super happy:) @meggielou_wbu

Woo for being Frumps!

I'm blocked on twitter too! @JenniferSmit105

I'm blocked too :-( @walliscoppola

Hey Jess! Haven't written in a bit, but I've been following along and loving it! I'm so happy for you that you are living out your dream. Way to go! Enjoy every minute of it! Also, my twitter is kelliroo3. Thanks, can't wait to follow along on there too! :)

@ckb_nc - truly weird

What a great trip report! Enjoy every minute of your journey and thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!

I do not use Twitter that much but would love to keep up with updates between trip report updates. :-) My twitter: ke11ey

Hello. I'm also blocked. I follow you on Instagram and would love to follow along on Twitter. I've been blocked for some time now and was wondering what I did :confused3 Glad it's not just me.

I'm disneyfiedash on twitter and instagram.

I've read all of your TR and really enjoy them. Thanks for writing!

Alright, everyone's unblocked. Twitter is so weird! Feel free to follow :) If anyone else has the same problem, just keep posting your usernames.

Hi Jess, I go away for a week and I have so much to catch up on. :)

I just wanted to update you on dinner for my Mom's 90th birthday at Grand Floridian Café. We arrived around 4:20 for our 5:05 reservation. The orchestra was playing so we waited listening to them. We didn't tell Mom where we were going just we were taking her someplace special. Everyone at the Grand Floridian treated her so special. Two girls at the concierge gave us a pin and three balloons. A random CM walking by stopped and took all our cameras and took pictures (there were 12 of us, many cameras, he took lots of pictures). The server was awesome, suggesting wines, helping with the menu. We had a really great cake with Cinderella's castle on top made special. It truly was a Grand Celebration!

I'm hoping you can help me with something. I would like to get these people recognized, I meant to speak to someone before we left but I got caught up in the celebration and forgot. How can I do it now that I am home. I couldn't find any email addresses to send to. What do you suggest I should do?

As soon as I figure it out, I'll post a picture.

Beth

That's wonderful! I am not exactly sure, but I think sending it to a link like this would work! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

You can always search something like "walt disney world guest comments" on google to look for a site... but that one seems the most legitimate from the options I was looking at!

Alright, everyone's unblocked. Twitter is so weird! Feel free to follow :) If anyone else has the same problem, just keep posting your names.

Jess,

My twitter feed now says "pending" for following you. I've had a twitter account for 5 years and never really used it much but now I am loving it because of your tweets. They get me through until your newest trip reports are posted. My daughter was in the CP and met her husband there. Thanks for sharing - I can't wait for your tweets and reports!

@dvcToo

April 6th, 2013 (Part 1) - San Angel Inn and Both Port Orleans!

This morning I got up around 8:30 and got over to the boys apartment by 9:30 am! Surge, Shane, and I were headed to Epcot! We got there and went right to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast! I got my favorites scrambled eggs and croissant berry pudding! YUM. I wish I could have this for breakfast every day.

dsc0231ma.jpg

The boys both got the breakfast platter.

dsc0230hd.jpg

From there we went on Living With the Land!

Then we walked into World Showcase and rode THE MAELSTROM! Someday I'm going to stay after and watch that movie. Someday....

We got to do one more thing before Shane left which was go on Gran Fiesta Tour! I love this ride so much because it reminds me of Coronado. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Then Shane had to go. We said goodbye and then wandered around the Mexican pavilion until lunch. My favorite thing to do in there is look at the crystal arts type store. Everything in there is SO PRETTY and they have amazing jewelry!

At 12 o'clock Surge and I headed over to San Angel Inn! Both of us were craving this restaurant so we needed to go!

dsc0232jf.jpg

We had really efficient service today! Everything came to the table so fast. I think going that early in the day really made the experience much less hectic.

We started off with the chips which were just as good as I remembered! However, we barely even made a dent into them before our meals came out!

dsc0235fs.jpg

We both got Pollo a las Rajas because OBVIOUSLY its the best meal ever! Oh my goodness, SO YUMMY. The rice and the cream sauce and the chicken all mixed together is just perfect.

dsc0237zq.jpg

Thank you, Mexico. You're a beautiful pavilion.

dsc0238cb.jpg

dsc0239xp.jpg

After our meal, we just decided to walk around World Showcase. We were so full from eating so much so we wanted to walk some of it off before doing anything else.

At one point I almost got run over with a stroller. So I posted exactly what I said on twitter:
"Please don't run me over with your stroller, have a maaagical day!"

I took a picture of the wall that's up for the new Moroccan restaurant! Considering the concept is that it's going to be similar to La Hacienda in the fact that it'll be a waterside restaurant, I'm really looking forward to it. Speaking of Morocco, I need to get to Marrakesh before the new one opens up because I have never been to it before!

dsc0240rx.jpg

When we got back to Future World, Surge wanted to go on Figment. YAY.

On our way in, I was scoping out pins and I saw the Figment knight pin on one of the cast members lanyards!!! I told Surge to look at the cast member's pins and we was super excited! He traded for it right away. I am so happy he finally got that pin that he thought I stole from him. (I really didn't though.) Now he cant be mad anymore!

We went on Figment and I think Surge's appreciation for the ride is growing because, obviously, I have opened his eyes to the beauty that is Figment. You're welcome.

Then we went on Finding Nemo!

After I made sure to see the dolphins, (my favorite) the manatees, and the sea turtles! YAY FOR THE SEAS!

Then we were all set with Epcot. We headed out of the park and had the rest of the day at our fingertips. What did we do?

RESORT HOPPING!

Surge and I were both craving going to Port Orleans, so that was our first stop! As you know, Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite moderate (besides Coronado, of course) so I was super excited! The three times Surge has stayed at Disney World he has stayed at French Quarter, so its like his home!

dsc0243nj.jpg

We got there and walked around the gift shop and pin traded!

dsc0242by.jpg

The ambiance at this resort is just amazing. I absolutely LOVE IT.

img9919p.jpg

img9920s.jpg

It was so good to see one of my favorite lobbies, gift shops, alligators, frumpy dragon slides, and pools once again! I have so many memories at this resort. I JUST LOVE IT!!!! Its relaxing and has such a beautiful atmosphere.

dsc0244us.jpg

img9924a.jpg

img9922i.jpg

I LOVE THE HORSEY'S TOO. I was obsessed with these things when I was like 4 years old. I would always run up to the Horsey's. I have a childhood attachment to them.

img9923d.jpg

We walked up to the river, made a left, and continued on for our approximate 10 minute walk to Port Orleans Riverside!

dsc0246hd.jpg

dsc0247vu.jpg

dsc0248w.jpg

We went in their lobby and I did my pin trading.

Then I suddenly decided that I wanted to start collecting pressed pennies! So I asked the concierge for a roll of pennies and quarters, and then the collection began!

I took some pictures in the gift shop of the characters:

dsc0249sf.jpg

dsc0250pm.jpg

Then we walked around near the pool area and we saw Shane! He happened to be at Riverside today!

We couldn't talk to Shane for long so we made our way out of Riverside after that. But not without taking more pictures!

dsc0251dl.jpg

The Alligator Bayou!

dsc0252ep.jpg

dsc0254mc.jpg

I definitely need to stay at Riverside again. The one time I stayed here I really didn't get to explore it enough!

dsc0255uhd.jpg

After that we walked back to French Quarter to get my car! Time to head to our next resort!

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter