Disney Awards confusion!!

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Okay, are things changing before my eyes or what's going on?
I just found out 2 days ago that the person with the MOST entries during the test drive automatically wins. Well, nobody probably cares but to me, I don't think that is very fair. I had assumed that all the entries would get mixed together and then one entry would be chosen from the whole bunch. Not so

Now, I just re-checked the FAQ and states that the trivia question is solely for entertainment purposes...okay...

Then I went to the page where you can check to see if your entry was counted and people have +1 entries for answering the trivia question correctly!?!?!?:mad:

Well I know that I don't have the MOST entries and I have not been answering the trivia questions since it's supposed to be only for fun, so now I am quite a ways behind in the entries. So, really...why bother now?

I had been participating pretty much daily until yesterday but now it seems like I am wasting my time.

what is the point ....... I thought the same as you that all names would go into a hopper and would be drawn out for prizes. I too do not think the one with the most points should win but then it is not my program so it is not my choice to make.

oh well quess I have been doing it for the heck of it all.:rolleyes:

Mal

Where did you guys find this information? Both sites that I checked stated that the drawing is May 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but a drawing implies that there are entries! As far as the trivia, I sent an email asking about it, and the reply I received was that correct answers received an extra entry. I guess I am just really hopeful that the program will be successful.

I did not find it because I did not look for it.I am still doing the test drive but with no expectations of winning if the OP is correct and it is the one with the most entries.

Mal

Just finished doing the Disney Award program today. I am reading the info about the drawing on May 3rd as it will be a drawing with everyone getting the # of entries in the drawing based on # of test drives completed, plus extra entires for trivia, shopping, doing 5 days in a row, etc. Not an automatic win for the person with the most entries. However, my name was not on the list for entires from Sat 4/28 & I have done this test drive 15 days straight & have answered trivia 10 times.:(

I also got the impression that it will be the person with the most entries which was disappointing to me as I have other things to do besides click on that all day so why bother.:o

I have just emailed Kris and asked her to clarify this for me. As soon as I get an answer I will post it for you.

All you need to do is send them an email on the page where it lists the names for those who have participated each day. My name was missing one day and I knew I had done it so I sent an email, and my name was added. I also asked for clarification about how often you must participated to be included - it is a minimum of 5 days out of the week (monday-sunday). So you can do it everyday to earn extra entries but it is not a necessity. I also sent an email to get clarification on the drawing and the prizes for the drawing.

Have a Disney Day!:)

Quote from the FAQ
Q: How are park hopper pass winners chosen?
A: Obviously the person with the most entries automatically wins, then we will go down the line, at any time should there be people with same amount of entries, we will put entries in a barrel and churn then pull out a winner.

Second quote from FAQ
Q: Do we earn additional entries for answering the trivia?
A: No, trivia is there solely for entertainment purposes.

This is the information taken from the FAQ section of the Disney Awards Site. I can only go on what is posted here.

Each person that participated in the test drive for April will have all their entries placed into the drawing and the winner will be picked from everyones names.

With the test drive most of you are aware that changes have taken place. We have changed the trivia question to be for entries because we felt that we were not awarding enough entries to those participating.

When the actual program starts, our goal is to give away 83 tickets per month, (not to actually be awarded until every quarter) The first 10 tickets given away will go to those with the most entries hands down. The other 73 will go into a lottery drawing.

If you are wondering why we are not awarding tickets until the quarter, just look at freeride. We want to remain around long after we start.

FAQ will be changing so so as soon as we get settled into our new site, it would be in your best interest to check them out.

We are also adding prizes to the list as well and some other unconvetional giveaways also but we still feel it is worth a try.

Myt advice to all of you would be, If it is not posted on the test drive page and you have not heard it from me, take it with a grain of salt. As We are still in the testing stages and things are always subject to change by requests.

being that so few people are participating in the test drive...I feel you (Kris) should have sent out an e-mail letting everyone know when you decided to change something.ONLY FAIR.

I only found out about the Trivia counting towards points today.

And do not say it was posted I do not have time to read the whole page everyday and do the program.As I feel most of us do not. We do have lives other than reward programs as I am sure you do.

but thanks Kris for posting to this thread.

JMHO

Mal

to find out just how many entries we do have into the drawing? Like CapeCod53, I have done the test drive more than 15 days in a row.

To be honest, I just assumed by name would be credited every day (and maybe I was). Today was the first day I actually looked closely at the list of entries for 4/29. Could we always look at this list? I thought this list was the for the people that entered the trivia. Like Mal, I did not read every single line on the page (my fault).

Is there a way for us to see what days (total # of entries) we are credited with? I worked so hard to do the test drive every day, I would hate to miss out on a possible award.

Thanks.

momoftwins,the past two weeks Kris has sent out an e-mail to test drive participants letting them know how many entries they received for the previous week.I imagine that she is working on getting them out for last week(although she is trying to get the new site done)So far I have received 2:the first one for entries upto April 15 and the second for the week of the 15-21.

The list that you saw for entries received the previous day is always there.I check that everyday just to make sure I am on it.Hope this helps.:D

:confused: I also don't understand the logic behind the way they are doing the drawing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the program, but this makes absolutely no sense to me.

When they started the program they only invited so many people to participate in the test drive each week. Some people are still waiting for their invitation. This means that some people have been able to get numerous entries in the drawing, while others will only have one or two entries. So those wo were the first to receive their invitation will be the ones who will win the passes. Some of us didn't even hear about the program until it was well under way so we couldn't even register until others had already earned entries in the drawing. How do we know that the first invitations to the test drive were not sent out to the owners best friends?

I'm not making any accusations, really I'm not, but there is no way to be sure that this is entirely fair unless all entries are given the same chance.

Sorry if this is too long, but I thought long and hard about this yesterday before I decided to post this. I only hope that the person in charge of that contest will read these posts and change his/her mind.

And that's all I have to say about that.......:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts