Disney+ and Satan

I'd argue this entire topic was steeped in politics since this show was brought up by Bridget Ziegler or some other culture warrior at the Reedy Creek bill signing with a certain head of the state WDW resides in. That's probably why it got on the OP's radar.
I thought she was talking about the Fox show “Little Demon”

FWIW, Little Demon is one of the shows that is being dropped from D+ this month. Not worth the hassle, I suppose.

It's an abomination Why even come up with this crap.
Disney has been on this path for a long time. They just no longer hide it. If people would do a deep look into Disney, they would learn some pretty shocking things about the "family friendly" company. I did not believe it at first either. I was in complete denial until I did the homework..and even for a while after doing the homework. The more I tried to disprove my findings, the more I found.

From the 1934 Silly Symphonies cartoon Goddess of Spring:

tumblr_inline_pplza6etYJ1s84rsu_540.jpg

Technically his name is Pluto - not the dog, but I mean...you know.

Disney has been on this path for a long time. They just no longer hide it. If people would do a deep look into Disney, they would learn some pretty shocking things about the "family friendly" company. I did not believe it at first either. I was in complete denial until I did the homework..and even for a while after doing the homework. The more I tried to disprove my findings, the more I found.
Night on Bald Mountain is one of the most disturbing pieces of film I’ve ever seen. I still am traumatized by Pinocchio. Early Disney definitely wasn’t totally “family friendly.” So I don’t know why it’s such a big deal nowadays.

Please share your research, that you've obviously done your own of.

Everyone who is being so uptight needs to realize that the entire world does not strive for your "Christian" values. It is not your obligation to police the rest of us either, so please get off your high horses. If you don't like something don't support it... simple as that.
If Jesus came back today, modern day "Christians" would literally crucify him for being against virtually everything they have skewed his teachings toward in order to justify their own modern agendas.

The issue with 'if you don't like something then don't support it' is that it can be said for a lot of things that are problematic. Some things need to be addressed and some feel more strongly about certain issues than others. Whether we agree on a topic or not, one thing is certain--if we ignore things, nothing will change. I personally wouldn't watch this show..in fact, there are a lot of shows that I don't watch. I know that religion isn't allowed to be discussed here, but since it has been brought up, I'd like to invite anyone that wants to discuss Christianity - as a relationship, not a religion - to send me a private message.

The issue with 'if you don't like something then don't support it' is that it can be said for a lot of things that are problematic. Some things need to be addressed and some feel more strongly about certain issues than others. Whether we agree on a topic or not, one thing is certain--if we ignore things, nothing will change.
that begs the question, what exactly needs to change in this case? Disney + distributing content for adults?

that begs the question, what exactly needs to change in this case? Disney + distributing content for adults?

Well, for me, it's not really just about this particular case. It's just part of something bigger. This type of content has been around for a while, so I'm not shocked by it. And, yes, I've taken the approach of 'don't like it, don't watch it.' As I mentioned, some feel strongly about certain topics that others are fine with. One issue then becomes: who gets to decide which issues are more important and require action? I don't have any sway either way. I have my beliefs, and my intent was more of an invitation to discuss them privately with anyone who is interested in a different view, as I want to respect the rules of the forum.

I am just sad the Disney is tied to anything adult in content. Disney should just be content geared toward wholesome family shows. Pretty sure this isn't what Walt had in mind when he created Mickey.
What Walt had in mind was making $$. Go look at the documentaries. His biggest fear before Disneyland opened was that people wouldn’t pay for the experience. Walt was a businessman. And there is a absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think this thread is hilarious. Some people want Disney to only produce things that fit into their “box”…what they like, what they believe in, and what they identify with. Disney has been spreading their wings for awhile now and creating things for many different groups. I remember there was an uproar by fans when Disney made an animated movie with a gay character. Who cares!?!?!? Don’t watch it then. But just because it doesn’t fit into what you like doesn’t mean Disney shouldn’t make it. I’m sure many fans that like the sci-fi genre may like this new German show. And if you don’t like the show or the idea of that kind of show, don’t watch it. Problem solved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter