**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Also just to add the Peter Pan line made me a little agitated as the amount of time people would be messing around with the shadow trick on the wall and stalled the line. God knows what delay that can cause during the line on a normal day. I get Disney have tried to make queue lines more interactive but I don't believe they help with flow at all.

During regular park hours they are a real help to break up the time waiting.PPF standby moves slow and there’s plenty of time to look at each area without slowing down anyone.

PPF is a very sentimental attraction for me. The queue is part of the experience and we love it. On the few times we’ve entered the line and it wasn’t backed up, we waved people past us. It’s my experience that passing those who want to experience the queue is acceptable. Just ask if it’s ok if you go around them. We’ve done it many times at attractions that have interactive queues.

We attended the 2/14 event. I enjoyed it! However I will say the park didn't ever feel empty to me. Most of all of the rides were walk-on except PP & SDMT. We waited about 10-15 min each for those. But we rode everything we wanted and could have done some of them multiple times but that wasn't really my objective. The character meets, photo ops & snack carts all had long lines. Adventureland & Tomorrowland were the most empty parts of the park, as well as the area near Gaston's Tavern. It was nice to slowly walk around those areas and enjoy how quiet it was! Fantasyland felt crowded to me the majority of the night. We stayed until 11:45pm. I'm sure if I had held out a little longer I could have gotten some empty Main Street photos but I was just too tired! Haha! Overall, a great event and I would most likely do it again simply because you can accomplish SO much in a short amount of time. Everything I would do in a normal day at MK I was able to do in less than 3 hours! That's money well spent, my friends. Plus, there were FAR less strollers to navigate around :smooth:

If event goers can enter the park around 7pm regardless of DAH start time, it stands to reason that the 10pm-1am tickets provide the best value...or am I missing something? Are those dates more crowded as a result, or maybe less due to the late night hours? We have April 4th booked and are really excited, especially since we're doing Disneyland After Dark 90's night on March 7th and get to compare them as these are our first after hours events.

DH and I attended the 2/14 event.
We arrived at 6:45. We decided to do a few attractions before watching HEA.
Watched Fireworks at Pooh attraction and it was really nice. We have seen HEA many times and we decided to forgo the huge crowds on Main Street. Excellent decision on our part!
Got to BTMRR at 8:45 and we waited until 9 pm on the dot to be let in the FP line.
We rode everything we wanted with zero waits and even had our own private Jungle Cruise ride! That will be a memory we won’t soon forget. We also had our own boat on IASW.
Fantasyland was def where lots of folks were. Pan and Mine Train were consistently 20-25 min each time we passed but we have done those numerous times so we did other things.
Treat lines were long but we never waited more than 5-6 min. The Cast Members at the food carts were def hustling! Always smiling and working really fast. Only got one popcorn, drink and Ice cream as we had dinner before we arrived. Weather was really nice.
We have been to 2 other MK After Hours Events the past 2 years and the 2/14 event seemed more crowded but we really didn’t wait at all for anything. We really had a blast and it was well worth it for us! We got tired around 11:30 and headed down Main Street. It was very magical since it was our last evening and it wasn’t too crowded (compared to 4 hours earlier!!) We got some great Photopass photos and took our own photos as well. Took it all in for the last half hour and then walked to the busses.

If event goers can enter the park around 7pm regardless of DAH start time, it stands to reason that the 10pm-1am tickets provide the best value...or am I missing something? Are those dates more crowded as a result, or maybe less due to the late night hours? We have April 4th booked and are really excited, especially since we're doing Disneyland After Dark 90's night on March 7th and get to compare them as these are our first after hours events.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Fireworks + fewer strollers

Yes, the 10-1am nights have the most ‘value’ if you’re looking to max park time and have no other tickets.

My general opinion is that for every person that buys a DAH ticket on a 10-1am event night with no other park tickets purchased that day because it allows for max 7pm-1am park time, there are just as many that have other ticket circumstances... have an AP, already have park tickets/hoppers that day, etc...that may not necessarily try to max out that 7pm-10pm time and are purely there more for the DAH part.

Then you have people like me where 10pm-1am is less appealing as it’s more of a stretch to keep my kids (8 and 4) up that late. 8-11 or 9-12 is a better fit for us. And for every family like me there’s a night owl family who specifically wants those later hours.

I guess point being, lots of people on different agendas with different motivations.

Enjoy your cross-continent after hours events! How fun.

We attended the 2/14 event. I enjoyed it! However I will say the park didn't ever feel empty to me. Most of all of the rides were walk-on except PP & SDMT. We waited about 10-15 min each for those.

We have been to 2 other MK After Hours Events the past 2 years and the 2/14 event seemed more crowded but we really didn’t wait at all for anything.

I went to the Feb 7th event & thought it was busier than last year too. Many people who have been before are saying this year’s events seem a bit busier. Couple that with the fact that none have been listed as sold out, I would bet Disney has increased the number of tickets sold. They never promised an “empty” park, just low wait times. So far, we are still getting that. I hope they don’t push it too far.

I went to the Feb 7th event & thought it was busier than last year too. Many people who have been before are saying this year’s events seem a bit busier. Couple that with the fact that none have been listed as sold out, I would bet Disney has increased the number of tickets sold. They never promised an “empty” park, just low wait times. So far, we are still getting that. I hope they don’t push it too far.
That's what I'm afraid of, is they will push it to far. It would not be worth it if they start selling to many tickets.

That's what I'm afraid of, is they will push it to far. It would not be worth it if they start selling to many tickets.
I would hope people would stop going if they push it too far but that doesn’t seem to be happening with the Halloween and Christmas parties. Although dah only has mostly rides so maybe people would stop going if it was too busy?

We just made FP+ selections for our DAH event night starting at 10pm April 4th. Got Peter Pan, Big Thunder and 7 Dwarves between the hours of 7-10pm. We have no standard park tickets for this day, but have them for the following 2 days which we have completed our FP+ selections for as well. The DAH ticket is linked to our account, so I’ll update if we get a threatening email from the Dis overlords.

Quick question for the DAH do you still have to pay for parking at the park?

If you are not a resort guest or AP, then yes.

Depending on what time you arrive, you may find the pay stations un-staffed. If so, enjoy your free parking. :-)

But I’d expect to pay and anything less will be a bonus.

Just booked DAH for 3/7 .
This was supposed to be a non-park trip for us , but .........
Decided on 1 day at Epcot for the opening day of Spring and Garden on 3/6 , and then we just had to make plans for MK for a day as well . Decided on DAH 3/7 instead of another park day . Cost was slightly less with our DVC DAH discount for one night MK DAH , and 1 day at Epcot instead of 2 park days .

Already booked FP for our Epcot day, and booked 3 FP for MK before the DAH party starts . If they get canceled , we dont really care as we want to eat at Sleepy Hollow before DAH starts , and see HEA as well . A few FP rides before DAH would just be a bonus !
We are staying at Boulder Ridge , so that makes it easy (other than having to take a bus back after the event , instead of the boat !)
Hoping for a 6:30 entry !

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter