**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Sounds like last night was a blast, even if somewhat more crowded than other DAHs. I'm taking my 14yo DD next Thursday and it will be a surprise for her; I'm so excited. :goodvibes I can't believe I've managed to keep the surprise this long, and now I'm not sure of what fun way to finally tell her. Ah well, I'm lucky to have such problems. Thanks everyone for taking the time to share how your nights went!

As someone who is waiting and hoping but starting to get discouraged about Disney adding new dates for this event, I'm actually glad last night's event was closer to a sellout. With the very low attendance people have been reporting lately, I was starting to worry Disney would decide they weren't making enough money on these events and discontinue them. It still could happen, but if attendance through the rest of Feb and March is stronger, then maybe there's still hope.

Has there been a definitive answer as to whether you can book fast passes for the time leading up to the event. Say a fast pass at 7 and one at 8 for a DAH that starts at 9. Assuming we don’t have tickets for the regular park day. If we have two days of Disney tickets and one after hours booked and we plan to go to Epcot then do DAH then do hS. Can we fast pass anything for the DAH without interruption to the other two days of fast passes? Or is this still in a confused state and different people have different experiences?

Has there been a definitive answer as to whether you can book fast passes for the time leading up to the event. Say a fast pass at 7 and one at 8 for a DAH that starts at 9. Assuming we don’t have tickets for the regular park day. If we have two days of Disney tickets and one after hours booked and we plan to go to Epcot then do DAH then do hS. Can we fast pass anything for the DAH without interruption to the other two days of fast passes? Or is this still in a confused state and different people have different experiences?

From the FAQ post:

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

As someone who is waiting and hoping but starting to get discouraged about Disney adding new dates for this event, I'm actually glad last night's event was closer to a sellout. With the very low attendance people have been reporting lately, I was starting to worry Disney would decide they weren't making enough money on these events and discontinue them. It still could happen, but if attendance through the rest of Feb and March is stronger, then maybe there's still hope.
I hope so! I'm getting discouraged waiting and waiting. I'm also frustrated because I like to have my plans all set by now with what days to make FP and dining reservations. I check everyday, a couple times a day actually.

Two observations that may help those with young children attending the event:
Then got some Popcorn and in to SM which was the highlight of the night when my 5 year old just managed to hit the height bar and celebrated like he won the lottery.
Both times I rode Space, a family in front of me had a child that was just shy of the height bar(probably less than an inch). This was checked right before loading and both kiddos seemed incredibly deflated, so good idea to set low expectations or ask to be measured at entrance before that long walk. Both families were offered rider switch. I rode both sides so it was different CMs each time and they were both quite strict.

Another comparison is our bus back to PO resorts, standing room only. And this was 30 min after the end because we jumped in line to see Mickey and Minnie at 11:59 to a posted 30 min wait and that how long it took
I also noted the character lines seemed to be longer wait than rides. Not sure if this is the norm during DAH or a result of lots of families on a holiday weekend. I was interested in Cinderella and Mickey/Minnie M&Gs but after getting in line for each and seeing more than 6people ahead of me (and combined with the fact that splash had ruined my hair) I promptly aborted any photo ops and decided to focus on rides. Still would have been a shorter wait than daytime, but be aware it’ll eat up some time.

Really? I don’t know why I couldn’t find that cart...no biggie. I kept seeing another cart in Fantasyland near 7DMT directing people back out to the Hub and found it odd that there wouldn’t be one in FL.

I walked to the HUB mid event considering getting an empty castle shot, and while definitely less busy, there was still lines at least 5-6 people at each PP
Yeah it’s just a small cart with ice cream and drinks. It’s kind of hidden behind a wall to the left of 7dmt and across from Winnie the Pooh

I’m thinking of taking my family DH DS (17) and DD (15) on 3/28

It’s our only time together at a park and we won’t have regular tickets just the EAHtickets

so I was planning on getting to MK around 6:30 and whatever time they let us in start heading back to 7:00 ADR at Skippers because DD loves eating there and this would be our only opportunity this year

Some have posted they would not bother with an ADR on this type of night. I agree when you’re talking about the holiday tickets there’s so many added things to do not to waste time leisurely dining but for DAH it Didn’t seem like a good use of time during busy spring break season to wait on long lines or worry about FP if we could ride rides with min hassle for three hours later on.

After dinner we would buy some things watch fireworks and then start the rides

Last edited:
Just to add the Popcorn lines are some of the longest lines at the event and can eat into your time. My lads done well to wait it out until it was later and the line was alot shorter outside of space. Also just to add the Peter Pan line made me a little agitated as the amount of time people would be messing around with the shadow trick on the wall and stalled the line. God knows what delay that can cause during the line on a normal day. I get Disney have tried to make queue lines more interactive but I don't believe they help with flow at all.

Last edited:

I’m not sure what low attendance you have read about. I was there Feb 7th & it wasn’t low attendance. Last year I did Jan 30 & this year was definitely busier. Now the weather was much better this year than last. But I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if there aren’t sell outs because Disney is inching up the admission numbers. Last year, even with sell outs, people reported feeling the parks were near empty. This year, not selling out, but not many are saying the park feels empty. On our date, it never felt empty, but more like a “level 1” crowd.

Personally, I think these are pretty good money makers for Disney. When they first came out with the after hours events a few years ago, the chatter online wasn’t good. No one was going to go. Now, people are anxiously awaiting new dates. I think new dates will show up. Only question is when.

I’m not sure what low attendance you have read about. I was there Feb 7th & it wasn’t low attendance. Last year I did Jan 30 & this year was definitely busier. Now the weather was much better this year than last. But I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if there aren’t sell outs because Disney is inching up the admission numbers. Last year, even with sell outs, people reported feeling the parks were near empty. This year, not selling out, but not many are saying the park feels empty. On our date, it never felt empty, but more like a “level 1” crowd.

Personally, I think these are pretty good money makers for Disney. When they first came out with the after hours events a few years ago, the chatter online wasn’t good. No one was going to go. Now, people are anxiously awaiting new dates. I think new dates will show up. Only question is when.

Okay, I shouldn't have said "very low", but I guess the lack of sellouts and perhaps lower attendance at the DHS and AK events is what I was talking about.

Okay, I shouldn't have said "very low", but I guess the lack of sellouts and perhaps lower attendance at the DHS and AK events is what I was talking about.

I haven’t done those, but the limited number of attractions at those parks seems to be a reason they may not be as popular. Plus, after hours at those parks is pretty new. MK is on year 3 (maybe 4?) now. It might take a little time for it to catch on at those parks. And I don’t see Disney cancelling a successful event at MK just because it isn’t popular at AK or DHS.

Going to our first After Hours at MK next Thursday. Can anyone speak to the best place to park for our specific situation? We will be eating at poly at 4pm and plan to take the boat or monorail to MK. Should we park at CR and monorail to Poly for dinner first so we can walk to our car at the end of the evening? Or better to park at Poly and wait on a ferry to TTC after the After Hours party? I can valet park at CR or Poly so that isn’t a concern. I am more concerned about the ease of leaving the party and it seems there will not be a resort or express monorail running at the end. Is that correct? Thanks so much!

Going to our first After Hours at MK next Thursday. Can anyone speak to the best place to park for our specific situation? We will be eating at poly at 4pm and plan to take the boat or monorail to MK. Should we park at CR and monorail to Poly for dinner first so we can walk to our car at the end of the evening? Or better to park at Poly and wait on a ferry to TTC after the After Hours party? I can valet park at CR or Poly so that isn’t a concern. I am more concerned about the ease of leaving the party and it seems there will not be a resort or express monorail running at the end. Is that correct? Thanks so much!

Correct that neither monorail will be running. There are buses to Poly, GF and CR (I guess for those who can’t walk), or ferry to TTC. You could also park at TTC and take the walking path to the Poly for dinner.

I’m not sure the logistics of whether you can park at CR, but if you can than YES that would be easiest to just walk back at end of the night. The walk took me about 10min last night,very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter