**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Booking FP before the event

I was one of the people who had problems last summer. I had a 10 day ticket, and we had 2 DAH dates in addition. On the DAH days we were not planning to use a park ticket elsewhere, so we were eligible in theory to book FP. I booked them, got the nasty email warnings about the last days of FP being deleted, called customer service I think 4 times? and each time I got different information. In the end, I deleted the FP for the DAH days. I made new people in MDE and re-assigned the tickets to those people. AT the 30 day mark, I made FP. I thought all was well, but then I got to the park and the DAH tickets, yes, I had actual hard tickets, would not work. I spent 1/2 hour at least at customer service each night working it out. We would have missed our FP but I insisted on them being restored and they were. The bottom line is is was a giant PITA. Also, I don't like being made to feel that I trying to run around the system...I'm not. I paid the same amount as everyone for these tickets and I didn't use any FP that day. There is no reason why people with 10 tickets should be excluded from getting FP like everyone else.

Phew. Long story. Anyway, I want to avoid that problem again. So, my thought was, instead of buying the DAH tickets in my account which is home to the 10 day tickets, can I just use my husbands account which is not in any way linked to my account, to buy the tickets? I guess I would need to make alter eos in that account. At 30 days, I should be eligible to make FP. Does that sound like it would work?

Here now, I was coming to report just like the above poster. I arrived at gates at 6:23 and people were already walking in. There was a short line so I assumed they had just recently started. Good news for those in future who are hoping to get in early to make FP+ times

I have no official knowledge but if I didn't know any better I'd guess tonight (2/14) is a sold out event. It's been the most crowded of any we've done. No extensive waits but no empty rides either. All vehicles have been full.
I was wondering the same thing but this was the 1st DAH for me so I had no comparison. Based on reports of others saying they felt spooked being alone on rides or walkways, i expected it to be slightly less busy. Only once or twice did I happen to find myself in an area alone, and for just a minute or two. Still it was a great event.

PPF and 7DMT were the only rides I encountered with waits, those seemed to be pretty consistent 15-20min through the night whenever I passed by. Which sounds not bad compared to normal daytime waits, but during a 3hr event that will really eat up time if you want multiple rounds. Everything else was pretty much just the time it took to walk the queue. No unexpected closures. Lines for snacks and PP definitely had waits throughout the night. (Why is there no snack cart in Fantasyland??) And the crowd leaving at midnight was significant, definitely no empty Main St pics that’s for sure.

LOTS of young families, I assume due to the holiday weekend. And based on conversations I overheard in queues, I’d say there were lots of novice visitors so Disney marketing is definitely promoting this event well.

I was wondering the same thing but this was the 1st DAH for me so I had no comparison. Based on reports of others saying they felt spooked being alone on rides or walkways, i expected it to be slightly less busy. Only once or twice did I happen to find myself in an area alone, and for just a minute or two. Still it was a great event.

PPF and 7DMT were the only rides I encountered with waits, those seemed to be pretty consistent 15-20min through the night whenever I passed by. Which sounds not bad compared to normal daytime waits, but during a 3hr event that will really eat up time if you want multiple rounds. Everything else was pretty much just the time it took to walk the queue. No unexpected closures. Lines for snacks and PP definitely had waits throughout the night. (Why is there no snack cart in Fantasyland??) And the crowd leaving at midnight was significant, definitely no empty Main St pics that’s for sure.

LOTS of young families, I assume due to the holiday weekend. And based on conversations I overheard in queues, I’d say there were lots of novice visitors so Disney marketing is definitely promoting this event well.
The only place in mk we’ve gotten that empty feeling is Adventureland and some parts of Frontierland like the side path no one really takes during dah. Otherwise there were people everywhere. We did our Main Street picture during the middle of the event because there are a lot less people during that time. There is an ice cream and drink cart across from Winnie the pooh but no popcorn

The only place in mk we’ve gotten that empty feeling is Adventureland and some parts of Frontierland like the side path no one really takes during dah. Otherwise there were people everywhere. We did our Main Street picture during the middle of the event because there are a lot less people during that time. There is an ice cream and drink cart across from Winnie the pooh but no popcorn
Really? I don’t know why I couldn’t find that cart...no biggie. I kept seeing another cart in Fantasyland near 7DMT directing people back out to the Hub and found it odd that there wouldn’t be one in FL.

I walked to the HUB mid event considering getting an empty castle shot, and while definitely less busy, there was still lines at least 5-6 people at each PP

There last night, got in at 6:25.
Did Jungle Cruise, Pirates, HM with FP before 9
First ride at 9 was Big Thunder, about 10 min wait
Snacks in Liberty Square, line about 20 people
PP with 5 min wait
Pooh with 3 min wait
Did 7DMT in 12 min
Little Mermaid not running
Dumbo walk on
Tea Cups not running
Space, People Mover, Buzz walk on
Snacks in Tomorrowland, line about 15 people
Back to Pirates, walk on, empty Adventureland

More people than I expected until 11-12. Then it got magical. It was so quiet, no pushing, shoving, screaming, crying. The music sounded like it’s supposed to. People walked slower. NO STROLLERS! The park seemed bigger without the crowds.

Great time

I have no official knowledge but if I didn't know any better I'd guess tonight (2/14) is a sold out event. It's been the most crowded of any we've done. No extensive waits but no empty rides either. All vehicles have been full.

I kept watching the website all day/night, but it never showed sold out - for whatever that is worth.

I kind of figured last night would be among the more crowded nights... V-Day, Thursday before a holiday weeekend. Not that it’s scientific, but it’s the #1 or #2 top night on the guest list. And this same night last year sold out 7 days in advance.

We did the Thursday before President’s Day in Feb 2017 and that night had a more crowded ‘feeling’ than the 2 or 3 we’ve done since - mostly no/low waits but never that true ‘empty park’ feeling.

Did Small World slow down for you? :goodvibes

We did it last night and i felt it was busier then we had expected. We managed Laugh floor, people mover, pirates and Splash before 9pm. BTM 10 min wait, went and got ice cream and drink outside HM. Youngest didn't want to to do HM, so moved on to IASW which was walk on. Then on to Pan... 15 min wait, Winnie.. Walk on. SDMT was posted at 25 mins but took 15 mins and would add I actually really enjoyed it... Such a smooth ride. On to little mermaid where we were the only family I saw. Barnstormer.. Walk on..an awful ride. Then got some Popcorn and in to SM which was the highlight of the night when my 5 year old just managed to hit the height bar and celebrated like he won the lottery. Left park at 11.41 as my youngest feel asleep on my shoulders.

All in all a very enjoyable night even if it felt busier then I expected. The only two rides we missed were JC and HM but get a full park day next Thursday so will capture them then.

I kept watching the website all day/night, but it never showed sold out - for whatever that is worth.

I kind of figured last night would be among the more crowded nights... V-Day, Thursday before a holiday weeekend. Not that it’s scientific, but it’s the #1 or #2 top night on the guest list. And this same night last year sold out 7 days in advance.

We did the Thursday before President’s Day in Feb 2017 and that night had a more crowded ‘feeling’ than the 2 or 3 we’ve done since - mostly no/low waits but never that true ‘empty park’ feeling.

Did Small World slow down for you? :goodvibes
Hah, no idea, we didn't ride again

Another comparison is our bus back to PO resorts, standing room only. And this was 30 min after the end because we jumped in line to see Mickey and Minnie at 11:59 to a posted 30 min wait and that how long it took

As for our night
We got to the park at 8:00 on the nose, HEA just started.
Took the bypass in and DH wanted to do Buzz, a walk on.
Then we did PM and Philarmagic
Walked up towards Small World and it was our first ride at 9:00, walked right on.
Came out to do PP, like a 5 min wait.
Got snacks outside HM and rode it, waited 1 min to enter lobby, no wait when we exited elevator.
Got popcorn and headed over for two rides on BTMR. Only wait was for the train to pull up and is to load. We were able to next car but each car was full. One ride we had to wait for them to pull a car of the track
Off to do pirates and again walked right on to next boat, which was full
More snacks and then jungle cruise. Or boat got full but it took a few min. Side note, there was was I assume to be a supervisor evaluating our skipper. She was right beside us and doing it all right out in the open. She had a form that was several pages long with bullet points on it and she'd check or x them out. Some was him some was the ride itself. We thought he did very well
It was 11:30 by now and I wanted to pop in the store on Main St
Headed out and saw an old photo op next to where they do the silhouette photos. It was some Valentine theme thing. Took a photo through a frame of red and white Mickey shaped lights. We got one of those. Turned out to be better in concept than execution. By then it was a couple minutes to midnight which took us to our meet with M&M

The rides we skipped were by our choice we've done them all hundreds of times

Agreed, we were also there last night and at times it actually seemed a bit crowded. We had fun, but 7DMT was definitely never a walk on. When we went last year we never had to go through the que. We had a great time though!
There was also a fun Valentine's photo op with Cinderella's coach. That was fun.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter