Disembarking

Fldogmassage

Earning My Ears
I forget, what time we must be off the ship. Magic into Miami. We have someone picking us up and want to tell them as late as possible to be there. Help them miss Miami traffic a little.

I forget, what time we must be off the ship. Magic into Miami. We have someone picking us up and want to tell them as late as possible to be there. Help them miss Miami traffic a little.

At 7:30 am, they allow you to leave,
at 8:00 am, they invite you to leave,
at 8:30 am, they ask you to leave,
at 9:00 am, they tell you to leave, and
at 9:30 am, they force you to leave.

So, I've sailed out of Miami twice. Both times we have had late breakfast. Both times we were in line to get off the ship at 9:30, but we were still on the ship at that time. My first cruise was an anomaly for a lot of things, so the customs line took FOREVER (cleared that around 10:30 or 10:45...). This last sailing was probably more normal. We were in the car about 9:45, and there was still a bit of a line behind us. But we were definitely on the ship when the "it's time to get in line and get off the ship" announcements started getting a bit more insistent.

Anyone notice how Disney turns the magic down to zero on the last morning? The music is off, the crew no longer smiles, its depressing.

Anyone notice how Disney turns the magic down to zero on the last morning? The music is off, the crew no longer smiles, its depressing.

I was thinking the same thing!! On the ship, people are still nice, but when you get off - those same people that graciously welcomed you with a big smile 3 days before now look at you as if you picked up a communicable disease.

I think what you perceived was a mix of projection on your part - most guests are sad to leave and would like to stay longer - and the fact that turnaround day is hellish for most CMs onboard. For the room hosts, they need to redo all of their rooms entirely and they are tied to the moment you choose to leave to do them, while having to be done by 1:30. For the servers, they do both breakfasts starting at 6:45, then probably Cabanas or the sit down lunch, then the two dinners that night, while maybe having to change team and getting to know a new group of guests. Some CMs leave the ship for their break or sometimes forever. It was particularly noticeable on our NYE cruise on Fantasy. We saw multiple CMs hugging and tearing up at disembarkation breakfast while saying goodbye to coworkers.

When you do a B2B, you get a sense of all of the work that goes on that day to make sure the new guests get the feeling the ship is sailing for the first time. The maintenance crews close off entire parts of decks to do maintenance they can’t do during the sailing, managers are on top deck rolling towels, bar teams have team meetings...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter