Discounts?

jdbruce

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gotten a discount for the campsites? I know it's usually the cabins that are included in most of the discount programs, but I was just wondering if anyone has had success in getting a discount for the campsites.

Has anyone ever gotten a discount for the campsites? I know it's usually the cabins that are included in most of the discount programs, but I was just wondering if anyone has had success in getting a discount for the campsites.

Posted recently:
Discounts for FW

To answer your question in a more general sense, @jdbruce, there is normally a "late summer" discount on campsites like the one in the link @tiggerdad posted. It shows up annually and has been in the range of 10-15% the last few years. Not every empty campsite in that time frame has a discount available on it so sometimes we see available campsites but none discounted. But people have and do get discounts.

There usually aren't other campsite discounts during the rest of the year (don't know about FL Resident or other types) because the Fort has a high occupancy rate (especially on weekends) from October-June. They don't need to offer discounts to stay pretty full.

So my advice would be to not hold out for a discount to book a campsite stay as early as you know your plans. You can always try to get a future discount (if announced) applied to your existing stay if there is a fit. And if you see a discount/promo announced and book then and get it, it's like winning the lottery!

Bama Ed

PS - yes, cabins are generally included in many more resort special offerings during the course of the year but generally only the late summer one (announced about now each year) comes out annually for campsites.

You’re correct, it’s like winning the lottery! It’s been years since I’ve been able to get a discount for February.

That’s great! When are you going and what did you use for your discount?

There was just one running I think through May with 20% off, we snagged it luckily.

Great! Last year when the pandemic started and folks started cancelling (before WDW closed), Disney offered a spring discount too (which is unusual for a discount in that time of year) but then things shut down.

If you get a discount, that's great. :cool1: Every little bit of savings helps.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!