Discounts Debacle Selfish Disney

Kevmick

Earning My Ears
What is going on here???? I have a reservation for Kadani 1 bedroom suite and Boardwalk 1 bedroom suite both in Villas and I’m being told I cannot apply the 25% off discount????? I’m fuming considering this reservation originally had a discount but was cancelled due to Covid closure. They told me to keep my reservation and deposits and insurance and to apply the new deal when it comes out??? The new deal is out and now I cannot apply it??? Supervisor said I was given wrong information for 10 years????!!!! What???? I’m fuming!!! Supervisor told me call back and check in when more availability comes open!??? I already have a reservation!!! Lol what is going on???

Just like park reservations, unfortunately the deals also come out of buckets. An existing reservation does not guarantee that a new discount can be applied to it.

Did you try to book a completely new reservation? Is it available? Might be another option to try doing that.

There is nothing zip left. This is frustrating because my existing reservation had a discount last year then Disney shut down. I lost my discount but kept the reservation because every person I spoke to said you can apply the new deal later. I am fed up with Disney at this point and I’m writing a letter to their main corporate guest services. I’ve been coming there 9 times since 2004 and I totally feel like the rug is pulled out from me. I mean this makes no sense I’m paying full price with my reservation while others enjoy a 25% discount this is wrong!!!

Hi OP, did you try to change your reservation yourself online (in MDE) or did you just speak to Disney about it?
I was completely shocked today when I was able to switch my reservation from the 3 + 2 ticket offer to the new 25% off room offer today online, as there hasn’t been availability for a couple of weeks for my dates at my resort. The pp’s are correct in saying that an existing reservation doesn’t guarantee a discount, and Disney uses discounts to sell rooms, not give people with rooms discounts, which is why I couldn’t believe my luck today. Hope this helps if you haven’t tried it, and if you have a “change” option next to your resorts in your MDE.

Thats just business. Like PP have said discounts are when a busines wants to offload stock that are not selling at the regular price for various reasons.

For a business a lot of the time they will generate more revenue selling 100% of a particular item at a discount rate, then selling 50% of that item at full price rate.

Other times a business will discount stock in order to offload unwanted stock. In that case get some revenue from the discounted stock is better than having to store that stock.

Discounts are not there to make a business look good and to do something nice for customers.

Discounts are for a business to generate revenue.

Discounts are closely linked to sales and marketing and basically when you use a discount you are being played by the business!

The cast member I spoke to tried applying the discount to my stay at POP, but it was more expensive using the discount since room rates have gone up since I rescheduled the trip last summer. If you did that, your room likely has price protection, keeping it at the rate it was when it was rescheduled. She tried AOA, and it was more expensive. I had her try a moderate since sometimes it can be cheaper with a discount. No availability for my dates.

It is frustrating, yes, but maybe more rooms will be released. Maybe someone will cancel a reservation. Maybe a different discount will be released that will be better.

Same here, the room type I have booked is not available for the discount, so I could not add it. If the room type is gone prior to the offer, the new offer will not be applied. Big misconception I often see on blog posts is that if a better discount comes along, you can call Disney and they will automatically apply it. This is not true, as the other posters have mentioned, the room type has to be currently available in inventory, if it is, then the new discount will be added. If not, no discount. I was offered alternatives, but I wanted the room I had booked, so I will pay rack rate (unless there are cancellations, but no guarantees).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter