Discount for Foster children?

Momma Chaos

Earning My Ears
Someone told me that foster children either got tickets to Disney for free or at a greatly reduced rate. Does anyone here know anything about it? I did contact Disney themselves to verify or deny but I'm still awaiting their response and figured I might as well ask here :)

I have never heard that. Not sure how they would verify children were in foster care and confidentiality requirements would prohibit any disclosure.
I think they just help the M.A.W. kids. Foster children receive the state subsidy assistance, so the foster parents would have that money to help. We have had a foster home for 15 years. If the foster parent does take the kids to Disney and it is out of state make sure they let the Judge and County worker know of the whereabouts. We did take several of our foster children a few years ago. One of the kids wound up going home sooner than expected so we were out his airfare. Dureing that trip another one of the boys became ill and had to go to the ER. We were happy that his Medicaid card was accepted there and we had no problems. We took a letter from the County Worker that we could seek medical assistance, but the ER did not ask for anything. I also work for DHS and am so happy when foster families include their kiddos on these family vacations. It is disheartening when the family takes their own kids and puts the foster kids in the shelter or respite home while they are on vacation.

I was a foster parent in the past and I never heard of any discounts for foster kids at Disney either. HTH

People do like to talk... Mostly I've heard people gripping that Disney should offer discounts for elderly, for foster kids, for babysitters, for medical aid, and anything that can make them think they are more special than the general population.
I do understand the need for a medical assistant, but if your family is planning a trip and you're paying for the Aid's help, that should be part of the budget.

Make A Wish is about the only program I can think of off hand that Disney gives free tickets too. I know there are several other wish granting organization, but I don't know the extent of what Disney does for them.

All I have to say is that your foster kids are very lucky to have you!!!:lovestruc

Probably not, but I am glad you at least contacted them to ask. It never hurts to ask. Please let us know what the response is. I think you are wonderful for taking them, and I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful trip!

We are liscensed and this is not something I have heard. I do know our childrens museum in town offers a free family membership for foster families. This is very nice as the number of children in your household can be different and with this card you have admission for whoever is living in your household at that time.

Thanks for the responses. I did hear back from Disney and no , it was just a rumor. There is no discount for foster children.. I figured it was a rumor but thought what the heck! We have been foster parents for almost 5yrs and take our foster children on every vacation ect. They are treated exactly like our own children and have been to Disney yearly. I just figured if on the off chance this was true we might as well take advantage of it :)

Thanks for the responses. I did hear back from Disney and no , it was just a rumor. There is no discount for foster children.. I figured it was a rumor but thought what the heck! We have been foster parents for almost 5yrs and take our foster children on every vacation ect. They are treated exactly like our own children and have been to Disney yearly. I just figured if on the off chance this was true we might as well take advantage of it :)

You sound like great foster parents! :worship:

Nope, we paid full price when we took our 2 foster kids (who are now our legal children)!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the foster parents for all their hard work! I have worked in pediatric ERs in the past, and we see a lot of foster kids and kids in state custody. There are some wonderfully unselfish foster parents are out there--you guys are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!