Discount Coming March 1

I am hoping since there are so many refurbs this year, there will be a free dining pin released for end of May/beginning of June. With Fantasyland expansion, Test Track and BTMRR refurb, we have decided to take a year off from Disney and visit Universal instead.:scared1: Not my choice but my family decided to form a mutiny and overthrow me. However, if free dining comes out, I might be able to gain my power back!

Universal is offering free dining when you buy a package. Just trying to compete with WDW I guess.

Universal is offering free dining when you buy a package. Just trying to compete with WDW I guess.

My best friend just told me that Sea World is doing the same??? I haven't looked into it but I am pretty sure if Disney doesn't offer FD, we are switching to Universal/Sea World and some other vacation in Florida instead for the 10 days we have planned. I SO SO SO don't want to do that. Really really don't want to, so COME ON DISNEY!!!!

My best friend just told me that Sea World is doing the same??? I haven't looked into it but I am pretty sure if Disney doesn't offer FD, we are switching to Universal/Sea World and some other vacation in Florida instead for the 10 days we have planned. I SO SO SO don't want to do that. Really really don't want to, so COME ON DISNEY!!!!
really! that would be wonderful! i have been trying to convince my family to go to universal this year. i am going to check into this.

does anyone have a link for universal's free dining? went on the website and i cant find it.

I haven't seen this. Can you post a link or tell me where you saw it?

Sort of. When you book a seaworld package you get a seaworld 1 day all day dining pass per person regardless of the number of nights you book. If you add admission to Aquatica and Busch to your package you will get 1 day all day dining pass for those parks as well. Therefore, if you book 10 nights your "free" dining is 3 days max.

I'm interested in knowing more about this as well. I can't seem to find any mention of it on Universal's website. I'm torn between a trip to DisneyLAND or a Universal trip this year. This might make a difference in my decision.

So, where exactly did this "Visa Discount March 1" rumor originate?

Not certain, but someone recently was told by a CM when they called to inquire about a pin/discount to call back soon that a discount would be released soon and they would be happy if they called back. Some of it is speculation because the current discount offer ends Feb. 28, which would make sense if they started a new promotional offer on March 1.

For me personally, this thread has only fueled the fire in me in hoping for a discount. I'm nervous because our trip is set for June which is a busy time that is hit/miss for promotions. There have been some for the past two years, so I'm hoping for one this year as well.

I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas--giddy with anticipation. I'm trying to prepare myself that there won't be a code. I'm going to be horribly disappointed if a discount isn't released this week. We'll still go on our trip, but having the discount would be icing on the cake.

I just booked a trip in oct. and asked about a pin, she told me that my pin was good for june so it didn't work for this trip :sad1: but she told me that if I hear of any new deals on the radio or tv that I could call back and use the deal at the end she said wink wink. So she didn't tell me when the new deal was coming out but she gave the hint to keep an ear out for something coming down the pike. :thumbsup2

For as much as I am hoping for a free dining offer to open on March 1, I think it's more of a rumor than a solid lead that could happen. There isn't the usual amount of chatter from travel agents and reputable sites.

Prove me wrong, Disney, and roll out free dining on 3/1!

Just booked my August trip and was told that there is a new discount coming out but he was not allowed to disclose what it was but that I could easily call back and add the code. He also said that I should add the the dining plan because I had asked about free dining basically telling him I would probably not keep it without a FD disct. He said just put it on there I don't think you will be disappointed! That conversasion was only at 830pm today sooooooo hopefully we get all get lucky! My dates are aug 26-31! Fingers crossed!!!

So, we're now under a week until March 1st....Are there not any TAs with an ear to what's coming? :confused3 (if anything....)

I am TA and I can tell you we NEVER are forewarned. The one that was released last Aug, we were sent an email that afternoon (after it had been out for hours). We got our info on dis.
Some agencies claim to know early, but how, I don't know. Our owner has been a TA for many years and she says she has never been given a heads up prior to the date.

I am helping a friend for Sept. and hoping this is true but I am somewhat skeptical. First, when FD came out in August, someone on here had extact info, when it would be released, dates, that it was FD. Lots more info and so far, no confirmation. Two, I called to book my trip a few weeks ago, we are going between xmas and new year. Now, I know there are never discounts offered for this week so I didn't even both to ask about them. The CM said "O if a discount comes out before you 45 day mark be sure to call back and we'll apply that for you" I replied, yea I won't hold my breath, I know they don't really offer discounts that week. Her, O you never know. And again, before I hung up, don't forget to call back with any discounts. I'm not even the slightest bit hopefull. I know they won't offer anything for that week, I think she was just being nice. I think some CM's just think WD will offer something at some point so they just say stuff.

Still hoping it's true for Sept. though!!

I am TA and I can tell you we NEVER are forewarned. The one that was released last Aug, we were sent an email that afternoon (after it had been out for hours). We got our info on dis.
Some agencies claim to know early, but how, I don't know. Our owner has been a TA for many years and she says she has never been given a heads up prior to the date.

I think it depends on the agency and the volume they do with Disney as to what information they are given in advance. I can tell you that one year I was leaving for a business trip over seas and planned on booking once I returned. I emailed my TA letting her know I would be out of town for two weeks and that I would give her a call upon return. She suggested that I didn't wait as in a few days a discount would be available for my dates. I came immediately to these boards, but no one had any information just rumors but none had the date my TA had given me. She did take care of my res when the discount came out. It was my first time using the travel agent and that totally sold me on her. I have since booked eight stays and two cruises and have not been disappointed.

I know that on the last discount she told me that Disney was getting stricter on sharing the information because they don't want it on the message boards or facebook before the official day the discount is available as they could pull it and change offers anytime. Could also be a reason why no information has been posted or information hasn't been shared yet

Hoping for free dining for Fall 2012 :woohoo:

(of course, It will probably come out while I'm in WDW next week and I won't hear about it until I get home :rolleyes: )

I want FD for december! We are booked with a 35% code for AKL in December, but DH said the other day he would prefer FD.

I want FD for december! We are booked with a 35% code for AKL in December, but DH said the other day he would prefer FD.

You should work out the numbers to see which would be better. 35% may be the better option depending on number of people, length of stay and ages of any children

you can go to disneyworld.com now and price the package with full price but not including the dining plan. This would be your total if free dining were to be offered for your dates. Compare it to the total you have with the 35% discount to see which is better deal for you.

While I think a room only discount would actually be cheaper for us.... (only two of us on the trip) something about FD just sounds so great!!

Fingers are so so crossed.

Me too!!! I've been watching and waiting! I keep seeing people who call and have PIN Codes attached to their names, but so far none for me go to Dec. only to June. Those dates aren't doing me any good, too bad we can't share them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter