Discount Coming March 1

Basically, instead of you telling me that you need a roll-in shower or tub with hand rails and me putting you on hold to call special requests, and see if it's available in your preferred room type, and them looking it up, and blocking it out, I will be able to see that I have such and such type room with a roll-in shower. I can only see this if searching for accessible rooms though.

None of the booking sites work. They have been upgrading the system. It was down most of the day the 23rd and the whole site has been a mess since then. They were supposed to finish it over night, but I guess they needed more time.
I've been told that the system at the parks is messed up and the cash registers and dining plan info has not been working for some places. (The CM who told me this works in Epcot)
I do hope it is also a new discount coming, but I think the problem is the upgrade.

WOW! I am so glad I had no trouble booking my room only ressie last night!!! So excited! Only 89 more days and hopefully we will find a good deal on a flight!!!

looks like they added an online form tye of thing to submit for any special needs requests. last time my room,( cabin) got screwed up anyway! there is accessbile and fully accessible. ours was accessible. by the time i realized car was unloaded and it wasnt much of a big deal. at check out i mentioned it at CM said well you should have come down right then. well who felt like dealing with a bunch of BS after driving all the way from jersey and the car unloaded!! it was fine, mgr did come out and i did get one day park tickets for this trip. he was very nice :) any way ...site is back up time to finish dining ressies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... can't make hoop dee doo ressies yet tho.. ive been trying since teh 19th :(

I called yesterday afternoon and spoke with a very nice CM. He told me that I should be on the lookout for "new" discounts this week. I don't know if it's true or not but he said that they're planning to roll out more once the current discount ends this month. I told him that I'm looking to go in October and he said great, that's when FD should be out. So I guess we'll see!:goodvibes

I got off the phone with a CM about five minutes ago. After asking for a pin, which I don't have, he asked me when I was looking to travel? He said, "If I book today I can always change my reservation, if a code comes out." I told him, "I know the current promotion ends within the next few days. I'll look at the Disney website to see if one is released." I have a ressie for June under the current promo, but would like to change it to the end of July. What I'm going to do is check here, before I check www.disneyworld.com. Maybe a code is coming. popcorn:: :banana: :worship: :woohoo: :cheer2: :yay:

looks like they added an online form tye of thing to submit for any special needs requests. last time my room,( cabin) got screwed up anyway! there is accessbile and fully accessible. ours was accessible. by the time i realized car was unloaded and it wasnt much of a big deal. at check out i mentioned it at CM said well you should have come down right then. well who felt like dealing with a bunch of BS after driving all the way from jersey and the car unloaded!! it was fine, mgr did come out and i did get one day park tickets for this trip. he was very nice :) any way ...site is back up time to finish dining ressies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... can't make hoop dee doo ressies yet tho.. ive been trying since teh 19th :(

I read on these boards that Hoop-Dee-Doo is being refurbished August to December. Perhaps this is why you can't get a ressie? :confused3

I am TA and I can tell you we NEVER are forewarned.

Didn't mean to imply that all TAs have some info before-hand. :)

I do know that there have been situations in the past where there were rumors floating around here on the DIS, and a couple of days before, a TA with the inside scoop would confirm the rumor.

I think it depends on the agency and the volume they do with Disney as to what information they are given in advance.

I know that on the last discount she told me that Disney was getting stricter on sharing the information because they don't want it on the message boards or facebook before the official day the discount is available as they could pull it and change offers anytime. Could also be a reason why no information has been posted or information hasn't been shared yet

That sounds reasonable that Disney might share some discounts with high-volume agencies. I find it quite amusing that Disney realizes these leaks spread like wildfire on these message boards!

I read on another thread where they called disney today and the cm offered they will release it to Disney Visa Holders March 1st and General Public
March 5th don't know how true it is we shall see :goodvibes

As a reservation agent, I can tell you we might hear about discounts a few days, to two weeks before they go live.

We are explicitly told, "DO NOT DISCUSS THIS" until its officially announced.
And SOME of use like to keep our noses out of trouble.

So, if you hear a CM say they're not sure, or seem clueless, while others give hints, and some have no desire to follow orders and just tell you outright...

There's a good reason for it.

As a reservation agent, I can tell you we might hear about discounts a few days, to two weeks before they go live.

We are explicitly told, "DO NOT DISCUSS THIS" until its officially announced.
And SOME of use like to keep our noses out of trouble.

So, if you hear a CM say they're not sure, or seem clueless, while others give hints, and some have no desire to follow orders and just tell you outright...

There's a good reason for it.

Are you at an earmarked agency? We are just curious what type of agencies hear this since our agency has never been told before hand.

I talked to CM yesterday, asked if there would be discounts coming again for the late summer/ fall months. She said that she couldn't say anything. I asked her if it was a possiblity that we'll see another % off discount that is similar to the one running. She said, she liked my thinking and to keep my eyes and ears peeled b/c there may be some magic around the corner. I also asked about FD, her response was the same.

I read on these boards that Hoop-Dee-Doo is being refurbished August to December. Perhaps this is why you can't get a ressie? :confused3

OH NO!!!!! my daughter will be devastated!!!! we have done the hoop dee doo every trip on a tuesday night at 5:00 !!! its such a corny show, but the food is good, and it has now become our tradition ... i better call and check on that today :eek::eek:

Don't forget the CMs want positive feedback when they get off the phone with their guest. I would imagine that knowing there is a discount and not able to share it would be one of the more difficult parts of the job, especially when they know they can make other persons day and get a positive feedback . I know it's hard as a possible future guest to wait, right now I can get a decent price for airline tickets, but if free dinning comes along in the middle of my dates I would want to change them. So I have to sit on my hands and not get airline tickets, as I watch the airline prices sky rocket and wait for Disney to come out with their deals.

I have already booked my vacation and put down a deposit, I am a Disney visa card holder, if a Disney Visa offer comes out THursday, can I apply that to my current reservation. I do plan on using my Disney visa to pay off my remaining balance.

I have already booked my vacation and put down a deposit, I am a Disney visa card holder, if a Disney Visa offer comes out THursday, can I apply that to my current reservation. I do plan on using my Disney visa to pay off my remaining balance.

I have the same question. Thanks for any help you can give. We didn't have our Disney Visa back in September when we put a deposit down.

As long as you paid your deposit with your DV, and there is availability at your resort for the promotion, then you should be able to apply it without an issue.

I have the same question. Thanks for any help you can give. We didn't have our Disney Visa back in September when we put a deposit down.

In your case, I believe you would have to cancel and rebook using your DV to make the deposit.

I actually used my Disney Visa Rewards Points to pay my deposit.

I was going to use a Disney Gift Card I got for opening an account, and I was told to use my actual Disney Visa when reserving. She was afraid I wouldn't be able to get FD IF/WHEN it came out for Sept. if I didn't reserve using the Visa card.

Not sure it would be the same thing or not, but I thought I'd tell you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter