Discount Coming March 1

In 2009, they had the best deal ever -- it was buy 4/get 3 nights free and free Park Tickets -- We stayed at AKL (3 of us) and had the meal deal for right around $2500.00! I want another deal like that!!!!!!! :love:

I agree! We were there on that deal too and it was amazing!

I am anxious to see what dates the next offer covers and if it includes free dining. I am currently booked under the Spring Room Only offer and saved 25% on our room portion of the package. I've been keeping an eye on the website to see how many rooms are still available under that offer (and at rack rate as well). Interestingly, every resort has availability during my travel dates [ May 23rd (pre-cruise) and then May 27th to June 2nd (post cruise)]. I wonder if Disney will release another offer for the end of May/first of June since, apparently, the rooms aren't booking up under the current offer. I've seen so many posts saying that the posters have received free dining pins for May and June and I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, Disney will open it to the general public.

I am anxious to see what dates the next offer covers and if it includes free dining. I am currently booked under the Spring Room Only offer and saved 25% on our room portion of the package. I've been keeping an eye on the website to see how many rooms are still available under that offer (and at rack rate as well). Interestingly, every resort has availability during my travel dates [ May 23rd (pre-cruise) and then May 27th to June 2nd (post cruise)]. I wonder if Disney will release another offer for the end of May/first of June since, apparently, the rooms aren't booking up under the current offer. I've seen so many posts saying that the posters have received free dining pins for May and June and I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, Disney will open it to the general public.

I'm hoping for the same thing.

I have a feeling there are going to be really good discounts out this year, especially with the news announcing gas prices going up! I live in NC and saw on the news that gas prices in Orlando were getting extreme! One store had gas prices at $5.89:scared1: Now, thats not the average. Just one store but, maybe they will take this info and run with it and have "magical" deals!!!!!:goodvibes

I sure hope you are right sms. I, on the other hand, am extremely worried about the new Fantasyland opening and them thinking that the guests will come for that?!?!

:confused3 So I'm confused on what to do now (I'm brand new to Disney planning so hopefully you all will have some advice)! I have a pin code for free dining (quick serve on values and moderates, basic for deluxes with the option to upgrade of course). I know they are also running a Spring Room Discount special right now too for my dates (5/1-5/5/12).

Should I just book the pin code/FD now or should I wait until the discount code comes out 3/1? Also, if I book now with the pin code, am I still eligible for any new discounts/offers that come out? Thanks!

:confused3 So I'm confused on what to do now (I'm brand new to Disney planning so hopefully you all will have some advice)! I have a pin code for free dining (quick serve on values and moderates, basic for deluxes with the option to upgrade of course). I know they are also running a Spring Room Discount special right now too for my dates (5/1-5/5/12).

Should I just book the pin code/FD now or should I wait until the discount code comes out 3/1? Also, if I book now with the pin code, am I still eligible for any new discounts/offers that come out? Thanks!

Do you know what resort you want to stay at? Are you sure you want the dining plan? You have to figure out which discount will be the best for you and book it. I don't think you'll get anything better for your dates.

My suspicion is that the new discounts will be for later summer and/or fall dates. Like free dining to start August 17th, the room discounts will possibly be for August/September as well. Unless bookings are way down, then they will put out discounts for real summer dates, like back in 2010. We got 40% at OKW late June that year.

Do you know what resort you want to stay at? Are you sure you want the dining plan? You have to figure out which discount will be the best for you and book it. I don't think you'll get anything better for your dates.

My suspicion is that the new discounts will be for later summer and/or fall dates. Like free dining to start August 17th, the room discounts will possibly be for August/September as well. Unless bookings are way down, then they will put out discounts for real summer dates, like back in 2010. We got 40% at OKW late June that year.

I'm trying to decide between CBR, POR RIV, POR FQ, and AK (any advice/opinion is welcome). I was also considering renting DVC but I think when I add in the price for passes and dining that the price is just too high for what I want to spend. My kids are 2 and 6 (both girls), and I think the dining plan makes sense for us as it's one expense I don't have to think/worry about (and I've heard the food is very expensive at WDW). We won't have a car, so going off-site for meals is out of the question.

I think I'll go with the pin code and book this weekend once I can decide on the resort. I don't want the rooms to book up and have my decision made for me since it's getting closer every day!

Me too, we are booked with a 30% discount at not our first hotel choice but I'm great with it. But if I could get a better discount at CR I would LOVE it, especially since this could be last trip for awhile, DD will be, fingers crossed, graduating from college next year so not much vacation time. So here is lots and lots of pixie dust!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I am right there with ya! I priced out the FD with the pin I received, and then the Spring room only offer. The FD with rack rate actually costs us $134.00 more (POR-FQ), so FD is not really free, its costing us $134.00 for the four of us. We upgraded to Basic Dining... so in the end its mcuh cheaper than buying meals OOP but its not free since we can get the room only discount and park discounts cheaper from undercover tourist.

Our 45 day period IS March 1... I am tempted to secure the Spring Discount without dining (since we cannot combine them), hoping they will allow adding FD to the GP with the Spring Discount. I can always add the FD and pay rack rate after March 1 if the new discounts do not include our date... but what if there are no rooms left at FQ for the free dining PIN offers. Right now there are plenty room options for the SPring Discount, but only Garden View rooms for the FD Pin offers

Thoughts?

I am right there with ya! I priced out the FD with the pin I received, and then the Spring room only offer. The FD with rack rate actually costs us $134.00 more (POR-FQ), so FD is not really free, its costing us $134.00 for the four of us. We upgraded to Basic Dining... so in the end its mcuh cheaper than buying meals OOP but its not free since we can get the room only discount and park discounts cheaper from undercover tourist.

Our 45 day period IS March 1... I am tempted to secure the Spring Discount without dining (since we cannot combine them), hoping they will allow adding FD to the GP with the Spring Discount. I can always add the FD and pay rack rate after March 1 if the new discounts do not include our date... but what if there are no rooms left at FQ for the free dining PIN offers. Right now there are plenty room options for the SPring Discount, but only Garden View rooms for the FD Pin offers

Thoughts?

I would use the Free Dining Pin it would be a better deal, this is why:

Spring Discount 25% off:
Rack rate at POFQ for Easter is $234 for a standard room.
This is an approximate savings of $58 a night.

Free QSDP
$34.99 per adult and $11.99 a night for a child
This is a savings of approximately $94 dollars a night for you.

Even paying the $16.50 per adult and $4.03 a child to upgrade to the regular dining plan which will cost you $41.00 more a night. Still gives you a saving of $53.00 compared to the $58 for the Spring Offer but you get the Regular Dining Plan for $5 more night.

I would make sure that they are not changing your room category. Hopefully this helps you make a decision. I went thru the same scenario and I went from paying approximately $3900 for 2 Adults 1 Junior 1 child for 7 nights at POFQ with the regular dining plan to $3200 with the Pin for the same thing.:banana:

So, we're now under a week until March 1st....Are there not any TAs with an ear to what's coming? :confused3 (if anything....)

I have a feeling there are going to be really good discounts out this year, especially with the news announcing gas prices going up! I live in NC and saw on the news that gas prices in Orlando were getting extreme! One store had gas prices at $5.89:scared1: Now, thats not the average. Just one store but, maybe they will take this info and run with it and have "magical" deals!!!!!:goodvibes

I live in Orlando and have never seen a price that high for gas. I've been paying $3.49 a gallon for gas- give or take a little.

Thoughts?

I would use your PIN and book now. You can always cancel/modify if a GP offer comes out that you'd prefer. They have never allowed any other discounts with FD- it's always rack rate, so no combining with the Spring Discount. There are always a limited amount of rooms at each resort with each promo so you might as well secure what you're looking for while you can.

I am hoping since there are so many refurbs this year, there will be a free dining pin released for end of May/beginning of June. With Fantasyland expansion, Test Track and BTMRR refurb, we have decided to take a year off from Disney and visit Universal instead.:scared1: Not my choice but my family decided to form a mutiny and overthrow me. However, if free dining comes out, I might be able to gain my power back!

just wondering if anyone has heard anymore about discounts coming out March 1st. I'm already booked for the Pop Aug. 17th-23. We would love to have free dining.

I am hoping since there are so many refurbs this year, there will be a free dining pin released for end of May/beginning of June. With Fantasyland expansion, Test Track and BTMRR refurb, we have decided to take a year off from Disney and visit Universal instead.:scared1: Not my choice but my family decided to form a mutiny and overthrow me. However, if free dining comes out, I might be able to gain my power back!

Test Track and BTMRR Rehab....this summer ,:sad1: sad .:sad1:

Keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of discount for end of July....I'm holding off till after March 1st to book...just in case something good comes along !:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!