Discount Coming March 1

I'm pretty sure the FD discount will be blocked the week I am at Disney. It's the last week of October and a silly convention is going on at the same time. I really want 30% off discount. Hoping to stay at Fort Wilderness Lodge or The Cabins:banana::banana::yay::yay: It's the closest I will ever get to camping. Otherwise it's good old POP for me.

If the new deal is free dining anytime from September to December, I'll be booking a trip. Anything else and I'll be keeping my money! I have run the numbers in painful detail and this works best for me.

For as much as I am hoping for a free dining offer to open on March 1, I think it's more of a rumor than a solid lead that could happen. There isn't the usual amount of chatter from travel agents and reputable sites.Prove me wrong, Disney, and roll out free dining on 3/1!

Agreed, but keep in mind there were some agencies (and websites) who got their hands slapped last time, so there might not be as much gossip from the usual sources. :goodvibes

ok well something must be up. the 30% offer ends tomorrow, if you go to special offers on the DW site, its down, you cant check dates or make ANY reservations!!!! i guess i will get NO work done this week!!! :)

None of the booking sites work. They have been upgrading the system. It was down most of the day the 23rd and the whole site has been a mess since then. They were supposed to finish it over night, but I guess they needed more time.
I've been told that the system at the parks is messed up and the cash registers and dining plan info has not been working for some places. (The CM who told me this works in Epcot)
I do hope it is also a new discount coming, but I think the problem is the upgrade.

ok well something must be up. the 30% offer ends tomorrow, if you go to special offers on the DW site, its down, you cant check dates or make ANY reservations!!!! i guess i will get NO work done this week!!! :)

the site is down due to the recent upgrade of the system to comply with ADA. It is not down for any discount purposes.

Just want to remind everyone that there is a pretty good chance that absolutely nothing in the way of discounts will come out on March 1. Please don't get your hopes up. Also, for the Oct-Dec people, it is extremely unlikely that anything will come out for us until mid-late summer. Disney's official year end is Sept. 30, so first quarter discounts are still pretty far off. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to keep it real.

the site is down due to the recent upgrade of the system to comply with ADA. It is not down for any discount purposes.

This. For those of you with special needs like roll-in showers etc, we'll be able to book those directly, without placing you on hold.

This. For those of you with special needs like roll-in showers etc, we'll be able to book those directly, without placing you on hold.

Hopefully people will not try and book these rooms that really don't need them. I can see it becoming a big mess

Agreed, but keep in mind there were some agencies (and websites) who got their hands slapped last time, so there might not be as much gossip from the usual sources. :goodvibes

That's true. Perhaps Disney is being more careful not to leak discount details until the actual day that the discount is released.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some pixie dust on March 1. If nothing happens that day, I guess we'll all have to wait a little longer to see what the next discount will be. :surfweb:

I do hope FD is coming! :dance3:

in June 2009 we book the buy 4 nights get 3 free and that was fabulous. I def need something like that . We booked 8 nights hoping for FD or a larger discount. I only have had a 10% discount. I have signed up through several emails, ordered the DVC and Disney planning video and NADA!

I am hoping to be under 2500. We are staying at the CBR, sept 21-28.

We are at 3800 and that is with no special room! GAH!

Hopefully people will not try and book these rooms that really don't need them. I can see it becoming a big mess

I agree. However, as of March 15th it wll be the law that you can call in and book those room types without having to be placed on hold.

I would use your PIN and book now. You can always cancel/modify if a GP offer comes out that you'd prefer. They have never allowed any other discounts with FD- it's always rack rate, so no combining with the Spring Discount. There are always a limited amount of rooms at each resort with each promo so you might as well secure what you're looking for while you can.

Thank you for the confirmation regarding not allowing any other discount, that makes me feel so much better about booking now!

New ADA regulations require certain special needs be accomodated by being able to call in and book those room types directly, without being placed on hold. This is the cause of the system outage on the 23rd and today.

New ADA regulations require certain special needs be accomodated by being able to call in and book those room types directly, without being placed on hold. This is the cause of the system outage on the 23rd and today.

I've been put on hold by Disney many times for booking a variety of things, dining, room quotes, ticket questions, etc. Why does there have to be a law that disabled people can't be put on hold? That seems so odd to me.:rotfl:

i am one who needs a handicap room for my daughter but I always book with my AAA agent. Personally, I would rather talk to someone as there are 2 types of handicap rooms and I would want to make sure i got the correct one. I hope they dont start giving the accessible rooms out to ones who dont need them like they do the wheelchairs!!

They can't be put on hold just to see if we have an accessible room in their room category. We'll now be able to see the availability. The old system was to place them on hold, call the special request department, who looked it up on a spreadsheet, and blocked it out.

They can't be put on hold just to see if we have an accessible room in their room category. We'll now be able to see the availability. The old system was to place them on hold, call the special request department, who looked it up on a spreadsheet, and blocked it out.

Thanks for the details. That does seem like it will be better for both guests and CMs. It does seem silly that it had to take an actual law to make the change, though.

I'm assuming they are going to have a special number to call...other wise they will still be on hold till a CM answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter