Disboutiquer's Fabric Swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping in to say Hi! Any good fabric finds lately?

About the Tink fabric at Joanns, they didn't have it at my local store (Orange County NY) until last week. I don't know what I did with the receipt (sorry about that) but maybe your store will have it in soon too. I guess some stores got it in sooner than others.

I am looking for this fabric....Can anyone help?!?!?

girlspjpants.jpg

I was wondering if any of you could post the sku number for the fancy nancy cotton fabric and the new tinkerbell fabric, I need it to call Joann's and place an order .... PLEASE???!!!:flower3:

thanks

Linnette

Guess What??? I FOUND my receipt with the Tink fabric on it! Now, how to read it is another question! I hate Joann's receipts, I can never make them out! There are soooo many numbers.

But, I think the sku is the number right next to the description, so here goes:
Tinkerbell Floral SI 843747007518

I hope this helps!

I was speaking with one of the girls from the Walmart fabric section in Turnersville - she was telling me that when they close the fabric sections they clearance off all the cut bolts. any uncut bolts go to the next store that has a fabric section. Over the sumer the turnersville one will be clearancing out their fabric - they are scheduled for a remodel in the fall.:sad1::sad1::sad1:

I was speaking with one of the girls from the Walmart fabric section in Turnersville - she was telling me that when they close the fabric sections they clearance off all the cut bolts. any uncut bolts go to the next store that has a fabric section. Over the sumer the turnersville one will be clearancing out their fabric - they are scheduled for a remodel in the fall.:sad1::sad1::sad1:
You could go and get an 8th of a yard of all the pretty fabrics.. then the bolt would be cut. :lmao:
Sewing gets more expensive once you don't have a Wal mart to run to. I know this sadly.

This explains why the last Walmart in my area to lose the fabric dept didn't really even have a clearance. I was there one week and they had next to nothing left, but no sales. I was there a week later and the department was gone, racks, shelves and all.

We have the biggest fabric section of any Wal Mart I have seen in Idaho Falls. I asked if they were going to do away with the fabric and the manager said that the IF fabric sections brings in a % of income that is very large and they will keep the fabric and crafts. :yay: Because of where we are located there is a lot of women who sew and use walmart.

I am so sad about this! this walmart has such a nice selection! If you see it going to sales, would you mind letting me know? I live near Philly, but would come over once the sales start....

I was speaking to the man who runs the fabric department at another Walmart near me and he said that he has no idea if the dept will stay or not. What he did say was that as the stores undergo remodeling, the fabric departments are being phased out. So basically he said if I see them starting to remodel his store, that's a sign that stuff in the fabric department will be hitting clearance very shortly.

a while back I finally made my husband drive me to valley stream , long island around 40 mns drive (atlantic ave ....the worse ) from bklyn, at the time the fabric selection was not that great , the friendly ladies at the fabric dep told me they are closing that dep in December, and because they still have walmarts with fabric dep open they will just sent the fabric to others, so they might not do the "clearence" sale, in the meantime they are getting a lot of fabrics from other walmarts that closed ...this week they had such a selection in fabrics I was mad as I agreed with my husband to only a 25.00 fabric shopping that day:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I was joking with the ladies in that department that if they would help me tackle my husband down and hold in on the floor I was going to take his wallet and run to the cashier while they held him down:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: they refused ...I had to go home with only 23.68 fabric purchase that day:sad1::sad1:

the other walmart close to us in jersey will be closing their fabric dep too:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Linnette

If you want to drive a little further the one in Westbury still has a decent fabric department. But that was the man that I spoke to who said if they remodel they will be gone. I think when they closed Uniondale with no clearance they sent the stuff there. They now have racks and racks of fabric in Westbury.

The walmart that I work at was remodel about 6 months or so ago. Our fabric department is still just as big as it was but they sized down the rest of the craft department.

To my south jersey/essington,pa peeps (you know who you are) I went to the Turnersville Walmart today and they are still getting new fabric in, they had at least 20 bolts that were still wrapped waiting to be put out. I didn't see any disney but I did see some darker purple dora that looked cute. The lady I talked to said she didn't have a definitive date but they are still ordering business as usual.

To my south jersey/essington,pa peeps (you know who you are) I went to the Turnersville Walmart today and they are still getting new fabric in, they had at least 20 bolts that were still wrapped waiting to be put out. I didn't see any disney but I did see some darker purple dora that looked cute. The lady I talked to said she didn't have a definitive date but they are still ordering business as usual.

Whew, thanks for the update!!!:goodvibes

Hiya friends!
I am looking for some of the lime green buzz lightyear fabric. I'd like 1 to 3 yards. If I can get only one yard, I'll make Matt a shirt but if I can get more, I'll make one for dh to match!
As always, I'm on the lookout for star wars fabric -most notably the black background with a green yoda.
I still have the mickey icon denim that I'm willing to trade amongst others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter