DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were already planning on coming in early December but was going to rent DVC points to stay at AKV . Can DreamsUnlimited do that? I asked for a quote putting that as my request.

Trying to decide where I want to stay at Disney for Potterpalooza. My possibilities are the Dolphin, another Epcot hotel (if there is a good deal around then), or..... POFQ. I have always loved this place. Hopefully Pete's experience was an aberration or they will have fixed the problems by then. I am leaning towards the Dolphin. Such comfy beds and such easy access to 2 parks. And so much less expensive than the other 3 hotels in the immediate area. 6 or 7 nights at the Dolphin. HHHMMMM Sounds like a plan.

Kim

Oh I really hope i can make the cut for this. I'll be living in Florida by then. I'll have no excuse not to sign up!!!

So very, very excited! We haven't missed a December event yet, and I don't want this to be our first...must request quote for 3-day weekend. Fortunately, that's a slow time at work!

The private party at Harry Potter land sounds like fun. But this is not my Disney year.

(I am holding out for December 2012. Perhaps the December event will be a seven night cruise on the Fantasy. Or, maybe I will get on the Fantasy before then. I do want to go on the Fantasy for seven nights!)

Trying to decide where I want to stay at Disney for Potterpalooza. My possibilities are the Dolphin, another Epcot hotel (if there is a good deal around then), or..... POFQ. I have always loved this place. Hopefully Pete's experience was an aberration or they will have fixed the problems by then. I am leaning towards the Dolphin. Such comfy beds and such easy access to 2 parks. And so much less expensive than the other 3 hotels in the immediate area. 6 or 7 nights at the Dolphin. HHHMMMM Sounds like a plan.

Kim

I don't think a Dolphin reservation will get you DU priority for the event. It is what John meant by a DreamsRes. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Our request is in, and we're planning on a no-kids long weekend! We are excited - our kids aren't of an HP age yet, and with the crowds...well, we just thought we wouldn't get there for quite some time. It'll be so great to do the WWoHP experience with the DIS crew!

XO
Liz

The private party at Harry Potter land sounds like fun. But this is not my Disney year.

(I am holding out for December 2012. Perhaps the December event will be a seven night cruise on the Fantasy. Or, maybe I will get on the Fantasy before then. I do want to go on the Fantasy for seven nights!)

Me too! I turn 50 that month and i plan on partying like there's no tomorrow....oh wait! If you follow the Aztec calendar there won't be. :laughing:

When: December 10, 2011 from 9:30PM – Midnight.
Where: Universal Orlando Resort Florida
What: We will be renting out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ for the evening!!!
Similar to the event we held in 2009 we will be giving priority admission to clients who book through Dreams Unlimited Travel to attend this event. Clients will be required to book 3 consecutive nights over that weekend either at a Disney owned and Operated hotel or a Lowes/Universal Hotel. We hope to get room blocks at Universal for that weekend – as soon as I have more info on that I will let you know. DreamsRES hotel bookings and bookings at third party hotels are not eligible.

The total number of guests for this event will be limited. We are not 100% sure what that number will be yet. Once we are reasonably certain all of our client’s are booked we will open this up to the ‘general public’ if there is space available. As we reach our maximum number we will take a waitlist – but we will cross that bridge when we come to it...

If you wish to get a quote just for the resort stay portion of the trip please visit www.DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and we would be happy to provide you with a no obligation quote. Again, only those clients that book a 3 consecutive night vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel for that specific weekend will get first priority to sign-up for the event. The quote you receive from Dreams Unlimited Travel WILL NOT include admission to the event, that amount has not been determined yet and will be collected separately. Booking a reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel does not mean you are signed up for the event. We will have a separate event sign-up process. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent will provide you with details on this process as they become available...
HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR.
(s11)
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2011 Universal Studios. © 2011 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved​

When I first read about this I was so excited!! I haven't ever gotten to do any of the DIS events, mostly because of finances, but also because of timing. But THIS time, I am actually going to be at WDW at the same time that the event is going on!! How great is that?? As I kept reading, it turned out, it isn't all that great. Because we've saved up DVC points for 2 years to take this trip in Dec., and we've already got the arrangements all made, and we're staying at AKV from 12/4 - 12/14 (the longest vacation we've taken in our 50-something year old lives), it turns out I may not even get to go to DISapalooza because I won't be making a reservation through Dreams Unlimited.

Now I'm so disappointed. :sad1: For a minute or two I thought I was finally going to get to meet everybody, and now I'm afraid that there won't be any room left for regular people to come. I'm just crushed! Should I admit that I'm crying? :guilty: I'm just so scared now that I won't get to come. This is probably my best chance to get to come to an event. I won't ever be going on a Podcast Cruise, cause I'd never get DH to agree to it (he's not the 'group' type).

I don't begrudge DU or Pete and John the right to do this at all. This is their business and it's a great marketing idea. I am just selfishly sad for me. I hope that they have a great event and that lots of people book rooms for it. Hell, look at all they give away for free all the time. There's still a slim chance that they'll have spots left for the rest of us, right? Maybe? And if not, I still have a terrific vacation to look forward to. I've just got to get this out of my head first, and I will. I'm a tough old bird. I don't know why this has hit me so hard.

When I first read about this I was so excited!! I haven't ever gotten to do any of the DIS events, mostly because of finances, but also because of timing. But THIS time, I am actually going to be at WDW at the same time that the event is going on!! How great is that?? As I kept reading, it turned out, it isn't all that great. Because we've saved up DVC points for 2 years to take this trip in Dec., and we've already got the arrangements all made, and we're staying at AKV from 12/4 - 12/14 (the longest vacation we've taken in our 50-something year old lives), it turns out I may not even get to go to DISapalooza because I won't be making a reservation through Dreams Unlimited.

Now I'm so disappointed. :sad1: For a minute or two I thought I was finally going to get to meet everybody, and now I'm afraid that there won't be any room left for regular people to come. I'm just crushed! Should I admit that I'm crying? :guilty: I'm just so scared now that I won't get to come. This is probably my best chance to get to come to an event. I won't ever be going on a Podcast Cruise, cause I'd never get DH to agree to it (he's not the 'group' type).

I don't begrudge DU or Pete and John the right to do this at all. This is their business and it's a great marketing idea. I am just selfishly sad for me. I hope that they have a great event and that lots of people book rooms for it. Hell, look at all they give away for free all the time. There's still a slim chance that they'll have spots left for the rest of us, right? Maybe? And if not, I still have a terrific vacation to look forward to. I've just got to get this out of my head first, and I will. I'm a tough old bird. I don't know why this has hit me so hard.

I'm going to use this post as my example, but this is for everyone concerned about this event.

I would hope at this point that you have all come to realize that our goal is to include as many people as possible in our events and to disappoint as few people as possible.

As has been stated on the podcast and in this thread......we dont even know how many guests we will be able to include yet. We will not know for a while.
Please dont assume that you will be excluded. That is the very last thing any of us want.

We understand that there are Disers who live locally and dont need a hotel, that some guests will be staying in DVC resorts that Dreams Unlimited Travel can not book...well you get the idea. This has been taken into account when planning this event.

Please know that we (ok...John) will do everything in his power to include as many people as possible that want to attend this event. That's his very nature.

Releasing information about our events is a double edged sword.

Everyone wants to know when, how, where, how much, how many and they want this information as soon as possible and we LOVE that excitement.

The other side of that is that we have people who worry that they will be excluded.

Again....we dont want you to worry.

Just be patient with us while we get the rest of the details worked out and we let John work his MAGIc.

I'm going to use this post as my example, but this is for everyone concerned about this event.

I would hope at this point that you have all come to realize that our goal is to include as many people as possible in our events and to disappoint as few people as possible.

As has been stated on the podcast and in this thread......we dont even know how many guests we will be able to include yet. We will not know for a while.
Please dont assume that you will be excluded. That is the very last thing any of us want.

We understand that there are Disers who live locally and dont need a hotel, that some guests will be staying in DVC resorts that Dreams Unlimited Travel can not book...well you get the idea. This has been taken into account when planning this event.

Please know that we (ok...John) will do everything in his power to include as many people as possible that want to attend this event. That's his very nature.

Everyone wants to know when, how, where, how much, how many and they want this information as soon as possible and we LOVE that excitement.

The other side of that is that we have people who worry that they will be excluded.

Just be patient with us while we get the rest of the details worked out and we let John work his MAGIc.

I'll jump in and give a personal example. The first TSM event (Mousefest 2008) received an overwhelming response. Pete and John worked hard to find other funding so that they could expand it to allow other folks to attend. The Swan/Dolphin and at least two other hotels provided that funding and thanks to that, I was able to attend.

I know how hard it is to be to be patient. I'm a 50 something year old child who feels patience is vastly over-rated. I'm also "affected" as my preferred resort is the Swan/Dolphin (even so, I have asked a DU agent for quotes just in case - as I said patience is not one of my virtues). Given the quality of every DU sponsored event I have attended, I would be just as happy to pay extra to attend this.

...I'm also "affected" as my preferred resort is the Swan/Dolphin (even so, I have asked a DU agent for quotes just in case - as I said patience is not one of my virtues). Given the quality of every DU sponsored event I have attended, I would be just as happy to pay extra to attend this.

I am in the same boat, Jack.

Magic Chuckuluck! :)

Don't ask me why I thought of that.

Oh, Kevin! It's not that I doubt John's ability to work MAGIc :wizard:, or even miracles! I just was worried that there would be a limit to the number of people you could have at the event, and since I knew I wouldn't be using you guys to book our travel, there wasn't any way I could ensure that I could have priority admission. I would pay extra, true, but I couldn't pay 3 night's lodging worth of extra, you know? A certain man in my life might just execute me before I ever get to Florida (where's that gun icon when you need it?).

I will try to be patient:hyper:, and will remain hopeful that everthing will work out. Thank you so much for being so reassuring. :thanks:

I know how hard it is to be to be patient. I'm a 50 something year old child who feels patience is vastly over-rated. I'm also "affected" as my preferred resort is the Swan/Dolphin (even so, I have asked a DU agent for quotes just in case - as I said patience is not one of my virtues). Given the quality of every DU sponsored event I have attended, I would be just as happy to pay extra to attend this.

I haven't been to a December event, so I don't know, but couldn't you book the Swolphin through DU and be on the client priority list? Or does the reservation have to be for a Disney or Universal resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter