DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
<b>CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE DIS WISH CHALLENGE</b>

With summer quickly approaching and the thought of taking off some of these great winter 'cover-up' clothes is scaring me to death, I though this would be a great time to introduce the 'WISH Challenge'. As an incentive, I will be designing WISH clip-art that will be awarded for each 5lb loss that is reported on this thread. Although many of you have done an amazing job up to this point, I am only going to award this clipart for weight loss from this point on.

Here's how it works:

-Post to this thread that you would like to participate in the WISH Challenge. Let us know the diet you will be using and any specifics about the diet and exercise program you are on (to help motivate others).
-Keep us informed of your progress. I am not asking for your current weight or your goal. Just that you let us know how you are doing.
-Come back often for moral support and to help support others.
-Post and send me a private message when you have reached the milestones of 5lbs, 10lbs, 15lbs, etc. Once you let me know you have reached one of these marks, I will award you with clipart that reflects the amount of weight loss you have achieved.

I am in the process of designing the clipart and will give you a preview as soon as I am done.

I am starting the Atkins Diet on Monday so I will be participating also.

SUMMER is just around the corner so sign up now and let's have some fun, help motivate each other and get Inspired to Stay Healthy. :)

UPDATE: Here is an example of the new Clipart. As you make progress, your 'Clipart' will be updated to reflect your progress in increments of 5. :) You can see the example on my post below. I hope you like it :)

I'm on the DIS boards all the time, but didn't realize this board was here until I saw it in someone's signature!

I'm a lifetime weight watcher who has fallen on and off the wagon many times over the years. Just started again recently, and have lost 5 pounds with 20 to go for my short-term goal and 40 for my long-term goal. Just finished looking at the thread with WW recipes and it looks great. Maybe I'll get some motivation here, because I'm really having a tough time with it this go 'round -- gets harder and harder as you get older, that's for sure!

nativetxn, I just found the wonderful, warm, welcome from you. Thank you so much!! :D

Cherry, I have fallen off the wagon many times during the years as well and am finally finding it easier to lose weight. (well, most of the time) The difference is that this time I am NOT on a diet but am changing my life. Is the way I will live the rest of my life. I have often heard that with age comes maturity and maybe I have finally made it. I hope that we can walk together toward our goals and share in each others successes.

I just had the most wonderful thing happen and I have to tell someone. My dear friend, Rider, just called from the beach of the Poly so I could share 'watching' the EWP with her. I am truly blessed to know such wonderful people.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

Hello!
Well, I am officially motivated. I am a weight watchers lifer who lost 50lb. a couple of years ago and have gained 10. I really need to get back on track and lose this before it becomes 50!
My goal is to lose the weight long before our trip in Sept. and keep working on exercise being part of my 'life skills' I'm looking forward to getting to know my fellow WISHers!

Melinda ºoº

Ok. I have lurked long enough. I have been reading the posts on this board to help get motivated and today is the day! Seeing myself in pictures is what has done it for me. I have a digital camera so I just crop myself out of any pictures. I have lost weight many times but I am hoping this will be the last time. I will be doing the Atkins Diet. I have the book but have never done this diet before. This seems like a very knowledgeable place so I'm sure if I have questions, someone will be able to help me. I'm actually looking forward to this! My long term goal is 50lbs. My short term goal is to stay motivated and feel better.

I am taking the WISH challenge! I am losing 40 pounds, although I am not setting a hard date yet, because in the past, when goals did not materialize, I was let down and gave up.
I am not following a specific plan, just eating sensibly. I am also preparing for a 25 mile ride in Chicago in the middle of July, so I have been biking 2-3 days a week. I am up to 12 miles, almost there! On the other days I either walk, aerobics, Tae-Bo or Zumba. Whatever my mood says.
I am really looking forward to joining the community on the WISH boards!!!! Thanks for the support!

It always makes me smile to see new faces on WISH. More members for my support group :)

<b>Cherry</b> I’m very glad you decided to join us here, on WISH. It’s a great place. We have lots of WW WISHers here so you have lots of friends here, already.

You sound determined and motivated and that is a very good sign. I forsee success in your future :) I know exactly what you mean by that “getting older” remark. I’m one of the senior WISHers, trust me, I <i>totally</i> understand :teeth:

<b>melindaandrob</b> What a positive thing to do. Grabbing control back before you gain more than 10 pounds. What a great example you are for me. Wish I had been that wise.

You have a reasonable goal and timeline and an excellent eating plan, you’re going to do just great, I’m sure of it.

<b>wdwnutze</b> YIPPEEEEE!!! I knew you would delurk! I just <i>knew</i> it. We’ve been saving you a place, you know. I figured if I was just patient enough you would delurk and you finally did (I almost gave up). :teeth:

I follow the Atkins plan too and so do many other WISHers. I love it. I’m really glad to have another Atkins person in my support group. You can never have too much support right?

It was seeing photos of myself at DISCON that convinced me that I had to do something. I know just how you feel.

<b>Beastlover</b> Thanks for posting here too. I love that member clipart, it really brings out the color of your eyes ;)

I think you are very wise not to set a solid timeline goal. I won’t do that either. It’s too easy for me to get frustrated and give up if the weight doesn’t come off as quickly as I think it should.

Besides that, I figure I will be eating this way for the rest of my life, it’s not like I’m going to go back to eating refined carbohydrates ever again, so I’ve got plenty of time to lose. It took me 15 years to pack all of this on, if I’m very disciplined, I should lose it in a year or so, don’t you think?

I so admire you for cycling 12 miles each day. WOW! You are going to be such a great motivator for me and a shining example.

<i>There is a WISH member clipart that is exempt from the DIS clipart guidelines, that you may add to your signatures if you want. I see Beastlover has already added it. What we do is begin with a zero loss, regardless of how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge. Then, when everytime we lose 5 pounds we can “trade up” to a new clipart, if we choose. It’s fun and a little reward for us. There is a very helpful post telling you how to add this clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b></i>

Four new members for my support group. This is wonderful! Is everyone all determined and motivated to get started? What am I saying, of course you are. You wouldn’t be here on WISH if you weren’t. I’m very glad you are here on WISH, too. I think you are going to like it here. There is something so empowering having a support group like WISH. We are all in the same boat. Some of us have a lot to lose and some of us have a little to lose but we <i>all</i> face the same challenges on our way to goal. It’s amazing how helpful WISH has been for me. I just know it is going to be helpful to all of you too.

So, let’s get started. Isn’t this exciting? You’re on your way to goal and there is no stopping you now! If you need help, just ask, we will all be right here and ready to help.

Katholyn

Ok count me in!!! I'm willing to try the Atkins diet. Do you have any advice on where to start i'm ready to lose some pounds. I want to be skinny on my next trip to WDW May 2004.

Ok...you've inspired me!

I'd like to join your club, if I may.
I've done WW in the past with success, so I'm going to be following that plan (though not going to meetings, as I'm trying to save for DW!)
We leave for DW on October 18th. I'd LIKE to lose 35 lbs by then, but I'll be happy if I eat right, feel better, and lose some weight.

Thanks for all the inspiration! Looking forward to this now!

It's great to see some more new faces. You can never have too many people in your support group, at least, <i>I</i> can never have too many :)

<b>disneys4me</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I'm really glad that you decided to join us.

I follow the Atkins plan, lots of us do and most of us have been quite successful with that eating plan. Do you have the book about the Atkins plan? It's very helpful to read that book, very interesting too.

If you would like, I will be happy to email you the rules for induction. Just send me a private message or email and let me know.

<b>WillAndFinn'sMom</b> I think this is perfect. We now have one new Atkins follower and one new WWer. Isn't that great?

You will find a lot of WISHers here who have found great success following the WWer plan. You have a new circle of WW pals just waiting to help you along.

The best part of WISH is our support group. Regardless of their plan, every WISH member is always ready to offer support, information, comfort or just a smile. Everyone is caring and helpful.

I love it here on WISH and I know both of you will love it here too. We have a lot of fun and a lot of success, you will too, just wait and see.

We have a special WISH clipart that you may add to your signature, if you wish. We start with a zero loss when we take the WISH challenge, no matter how much weight we lost before finding WISH. When we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's kind of fun. There is a post composed by our own Wovenwonder that tells you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>

<i>Ready to get started? You're going to do great, you know, trust me, I know these things. You are on your way to goal now and you are going to be there before you know it. It's true! We are all going to help you get there :)</i>

Katholyn

OK! I would like to join. I have followed WW in the past and have actually done quite well. So, that's the plan I would like to follow. I am also determined to cut out the sugar. I consume far too much! I leave for WDW in 24 days. Hopefully, I can take off at least 5 pounds by then. Thanks for the support!

The basketcase wants to be a part of the challenge!:bounce:
I am doing Weight Watchers with Holly. I have been playing around in 2003 and from January until May I lost 5 pounds. :D
Two weeks ago I worked the same shift with Holly and she helped me become motivated to count points :eek: and she even made me exercise by walking in downtown Pittsburgh and I not only survived, but lost 6 more pounds!!:bounce:
Thanks Holly!!!!:cool:
The journey with the basketcase has begun!

O.K.I am motivated!!!!

Count me in for the challenge. I will try the Atkins plan. I borrowed the book from the library yesterday and I will try to start it on 6/6/03.

I am sure I will have lots of questions so I will probably be on this board MORE than the Community Board!!!

<b>disneymom99</b> I'll bet you <i>can</i> lose 5 pounds before your trip. It's over three weeks away and if you are half as determined as you sound, I have no doubt you can do it.

I'm really glad you chose to join us here, on WISH. That way we can help you reach your goal. We're really good at helping :)

You will find lots of info and advice about WW here and I imagine you have plenty of info to share, yourself. That's <i>perfect</i>. Welcome to WISH.

<b>basketcase</b> I'm glad you decided to take the WISH challenge :) Our Holly is a very motivational and determined WISHer, isn't she? She's just very nice and fun, too, with a great sense of humor.

Welcome to WISH, you are going to love it here.

<b>mum4jenn</b> I'm on this board more than the cb, WISH is a great place to hang out. I'm so happy that you decided to take the WISH challenge. You are going to do great. I can tell, really I can, you have the determination, you said so.

Your member clipart is very flattering. Don't get too attached, though, you are going to be trading up very soon, I'm sure of it.

<b>disneymom99 and basketcase</b> We have a special WISH challenge clipart that you may add to your signature, if you wish. The WISH clipart is exempt from the DIS clipart restrictions, isn't that great? There is a very helpful post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>

What we do is start with a zero loss, no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the WISH challenge. Then everytime we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. When we have lost 30 pounds we get a pretty gold clipart, when someone loses 50 pounds they get a gorgeous platinum clipart. The one I want the most is a sweet little red number that says <b>goal</b>. I'm going to get me one of those too, you watch.

I know y'all are ready to get started. You wouldn't be here if you weren't motivated and determined to get healthier. I think you are going to find our WISH support group is the nicest group of <i>losers</i> you have ever met. People following every imaginable nutritional plan are part of our support group and they are always ready to help others.

So, let's get going. I can't wait to see how you do this first week. Looking forward to reading about your first weigh-in on the check-in thread that Jiminy102 starts each week.

<i>I hope all of you are ready to succeed because you are all WISHers now and that's what we do here, we <b>succeed</b>!

Onward and downward my friends, all of your WISH friends will be right behind you. If you need help or information or advice, all you have to do is ask :)

Katholyn

Sign me up for the challenge too! I'm doing Weight Watchers. :D

I'm here! And will be here for 100 pounds or so. :)

I started atkins this week...I'm nervous because it's the complete opposite of how I normally eat, which may be why I'm so overweight in the first place. I love carbs and giving up pasta is going to be very difficult. So far, so good.

I lost 50 pounds once on a phen/fen aided low fat diet. It all came back over the space of about a year.

My first goal is to lose 20 pounds by Labor Day. I can do it!!!

Oh, and my name is Jennifer.

<b>Beth E. (NJ)</b> I'm so glad to see you here on WISH. I think you are going to like it here, we have a lot of fun.

Our support group has been such a help to me, I imagine it will be helpful for you too.

I see you have your member clipart, it looks great on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter