• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I'm a dufus :rolleyes:
No wonder you didn't have me on the "list", Kath.
I never posted to this thread.........good thing you mentioned it to Gregg ;)

So offically :wave:
I'm Nancy and I'm a chocoholic...wait, that's something else :teeth:

I started lurking months ago and was so inspired by all the amazing stories and the SUPPORT shown here.....that I had to join in.
So....I've actually been here for about 6 weeks.
I'm a terrible dieter and hate exercise.....so I need all the motivation I can get!!

I've always been overwieght!! Forever!!

I'm married.......almost 29 years!! :eek: OMG.......how did that happen!
I have 2 children, a DS (23).....just moved to CA and started a new job after having graduated from college in March.......and I MISS HIM SO MUCH :(
Also a DD (20) who is home ffor the summer from college........and brought all her snacks and junk food into the house. HELP!!
I forgot to say...I have NO willpower!!

I'm sorry that I left you off the list, Nancy. I need some kind of guide to make sure I have everyone on the list and I use the challenge thread for that.

I will be updating the roster soon. Of course, I will miss <i>someone</i> maybe even a <i>few</i> someones. I always do :rolleyes:

wow this is really hard for me... i can post on the CB about this or that, but when i comes down to the real nitty gritty (my Health) i clam up!

i have been a yo yo for awhile.. going up and down on the scale... but this time i'm really done... i want to be slim, for good. and i know it's not going to be overnight, but i need lots of help...

i have no idea which route to go "diet" wise... like Meriweather i have no will power, and have no motivation for exercise and also belong to CA... chocoholics anonomous...

my SI, really wants to help me but he's afraid of hurting my feelings, by not saying the right things, pushing too hard, etc (he feels kinda helpless)

so here i am with my heart on my sleeve and i'm in need of support (and i think i found a home here...:D)

<b>kiddo</b> You have come to the right place. I think almost every WISHer here wears their hearts on their sleeves when it comes to their size. I know that I do.

I'm very glad that you took a chance and decided to join us. I'll bet you that you are going to like it here. All of us face the challenges you face, have the same problems, feel the same frustrations. That's what makes WISH such a <b>magical</b> place. We are all unique individuals but we share common weaknesses and common goals. Just about every one of us is a yo-yo dieter and know exactly how you feel.

We're not going to be yo-yo dieters anymore though, because we're WISHers now and we are going to break that habit once and for all.

Have you got a goal and eating plan in mind? There are many different nutriotional plans represented here and I'm sure that whatever plan you choose you will find plenty of information and advice here.

The best part of WISH is our support group. So many caring and emotionally generous people make up our support group. When you need information, support, comfort or a laugh--just come here to WISH and you will find it.

We have a WISH challenge clipart that you can add to your signature, if you wish. We all start with a zero loss when we take the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pound we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's fun and motivational. You can find instructions explaining how to add the clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>

Welcome to WISH, kiddo. Get ready to succeed because you are a WISHer now, and that's what we do here, we <b>succeed</b>. You're going to succeed too, you just wait and see. Every single one of us is going to help you do that and in return, you're going to help us. Isn't it great the way that works?

Welcome to our family--we are all on our way to goal!

Katholyn

So officially I'd like to participate in what seems to me to be a very motivating WISH challenge.

I seemed to have ballooned somewhat more than usual over the last 5 years and am conscious about this. I have always carried my weight well and really don't let it get me down as no-one ever believes my size when I tell them anyway. However I really notice how much fatter my legs are in comparison to my DBF and my bottom belly seems to hang so much more these days, LOL I always say I have 2 bellies, my top belly needs toning and if my bottom belly could just be sliced off well that would be good too ;)

I'm all for not setting myself false goals so my first goal is to lose 15 pounds. I feel that I don't need to go to a class as I can be quite self motivated once I get started. I followed the Slimming World diet once before and I went to the classes and I know this is a diet that has worked for me in the past to lose the same amount of weight as I want to lose now over a 2 month period. I'm not looking for any quick fixes. I've joined a gym and I love Aqua classes but need to get myself also doing more cardiovascular exercise.

The Slimming World diet to me is like the Atkins Diet "indenial". I once tried Atkins and I was really ill (I suffer with a reflux) so from a health point of view I'm not allowed on it. But I can still follow a reasonable low-carb diet as long as it's also low fat. I'm not sure if any of you know about Slimming World but basically it's all about red days and green days.

On Red days - you eat as much low carb salad and veg as you want as well as fruit and eggs and fat free yogurts with again as much meat & fish as you want as long as it's grilled/broiled/steamed etc.

On Green days - you eat pretty much the same as above but you substitute the proteins of meat and fish with rice, pasta and potatoes and corn.

So basically Red=protein day and Green=Vegetarian day.

Coupled with that you get what they call a daily allowance of sins which you can carry over to the next day but not to the next week. For my weight I'm allowed 15 sins a day - these are the foods that can help keep me motivated. e.g. a vodka and diet coke (;) Kath) is just 2.5 sins out of my daily allowance. Depending on which day you're on will also depend on how many sins each food is. For e.g. if you are on a red day and you really really want some rice - then you can by taking it out of your sins allocation. This all gets a little complicated for me as I don't like to weigh stuff, so I just stick to "free foods" that I can eat.

When I tried weight watchers I used all my point allocation on foods that I loved and therefore found myself hungry all the time. On Slimming world it's nice to know that if I want to eat 4 jacket potatoes and baked beans followed by 3 corn on the cob I can. It's true to say that I think more people lose the weight more quickly if they stick to all Red days but I tend to do 2 days red and then 1 day green.

Sorry to have gone on - hope I haven't confused you all.

Hugs to all

I would like to join in... my goal is 20 lbs. It might not seem like much to some, but I've been trying to lose it forever. I've yo yo dieted my whole life going from 180 to 118 and every number in between. I'm tired of it and my metabolism seems to have come to a complete halt. My husband and I are doing Atkins, and it's been two 1/2 weeks. The first three days were tough (I am such a carb addict!) but now we both feel great!

Thing is, he lost 12 lbs already.... I lost only 6 and I've been stuck at the same weight for the past eight days. The scale hasn't budged a bit. Now I know i'm doing everything right because we use the lipo styx to measure ketones, and according to the styx I am creating large amounts of ketones, which means I'm burning lots of fat. I take in less carbs than my husband, and I am following the induction rules very carefully.

I just can't understand why I am stuck at my current weight. I've even increased my excersise in order to try to break the barrier...no luck. I don't think this is supposed to happen on induction - My body just won't let me get to my goal!

Anyone else on Atkins hear of such a thing? Any advice? I won't go off the diet because i really do feel great - and I love not having food cravings all the time. But I've got to figure out how to make a break through. I would appreciate any input from other Atkins dieters...

Hey, at least I lose six pounds - so that counts for something!
Sue

Mis4Mouse,
Don't despair.....men loose much faster than woman do. (aren't we ALWAYS the lucky ones?!:rolleyes: ) My DH and I are also doing Atkins. I stayed at the same weight for 3weeks, up and down 1-2 lbs every day, but really the same weight. I stuck to the diet, but did try and rearrange which food I was eating. For example, I laid off Diet Coke, (which I know is a no-no anyway), but something I really can't live without. I also switched to Sweet'nLow in my iced coffee (another complete addiction) instead of Equal. My body kicked in gear again and now I'm up to 37 lbs since I started on March 11. Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Hi Sam, thanks for posting here too. I'll be updating the Roster, soon and now I won't leave you off....I hope....;)

<b>Mis4Mouse</b> Welcome to WISH. I'm really glad you found us. I think it's great that you are going to lose this twenty pounds before it can become 30. Very smart thing to do.

I follow Atkins and so do a lot of WISHers. We've had very good results from the Atkins nutritional plan. If you need information or advice about the program, all you have to do is ask and you will get speedy replies.

I hope you measured yourself when you began controlling your carbohydrate intake. I was very glad that <i>I</i> did. I lost almost 20 pounds the first month and then just stopped losing. I lost 16.5 inches instead. An interesting thing about Atkins is that when you aren't losing pounds you are most likely losing inches, instead. I know seeing that I had lost inches helped keep me determined and motivated. Measure yourself if you haven't already.

I know how you feel about your husbands quick weight loss, my husband lost 13.5 pounds the first week on Atkins :rolleyes: It isn't fair that men can lose so quickly, is it?

Now that you have taken the challenge you may add our member clipart to your signature if you choose. We begin with <b>zero loss</b> when we take the challenge, regardless of how much weight we lost <i>before</i> taking the challenge. That's why my clipart only shows a 20 pound loss when I've actually lost 39 pounds.

There is a post telling you how to add the clipart right <b>HERE</b>. Every time you lose 5 pounds you will be able to trade up to a new clipart if you want, it's fun.

I hope you will visit WISH often, the support group is just so helpful. If you need support, advice or just a smile, come here to WISH and you will find it. I know you are going to be successful reaching goal--we all plan to help you :)

Katholyn

Thank you so much for the welcome, especially the words of encouragement! No, I didn't measure myself, so I will go find a tape measure and do it now- I should have done that right from the start. I will also try to mix up my eating.... try to throw my body a curve ball to break the spell that's keeping me at my standstill.... I am very strict about following atkins...no aspartame, no caffeine, under 20 carbs a day... but maybe I need to eat more smaller meals or something like that.

I don't want to give up, so your kind words gave me just that little bit more I needed to stay determined!

I'll be back often to visit!

Thanks again!
Sue

I would also like to join this challenge. I have been overweight for a LOOONg time now. I started at 115 and then after two kids, I am at 215 :eek: . I usually forget how huge I look until I look at photos or video, which sucks because most of it is from WDW or holidays when I really would like to ENJOY the photos/videos. One photo from our last trip has really inspired me to actualy DO something (I will post it later) I had my picture taken with Maleficent and the Evil Queen from Snow White- I was looking forward to that picture, I even bought a frame so I could have it enlarged. Well, it is now stuck in the envelope never to see the light of day.

I have also become somewhat of a recluse because I really don't anyone who knows me from years ago to see me the way I am now. I am afraid I am going to embarass my kids. I am also tired of feeling completely worn out after playing with my kids for just a few minutes.

I am not sure what plan I will go on. I have had good success with atkins in the past, but I usually breakdown- carbs are too tempting- plus I get headaches and feel very weak when I try it. I had really good success doing Slimfast before, but for some reason, even if I am doing well- I give up. BUT- I am really going to do it this time:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I WILL have great photos of my next trip!

5lb weight loss achieved through Atkins diet - into 3 rd week now and have cheated a couple of times but still lost some lbs!:Pinkbounc

<b>jenfur</b> It's so great to see you here on WISH. Welcome!

I know how you feel about those photographs, I started hiding from the camera a long time ago :( I was unable to completely escape though, and the photographs from last years DISCON convinced me that I needed to either lose weight or find a friendly herd :rolleyes: When I began Atkins, I needed to lose a minimum of 100 pounds, probably more.

Lucky for me, Kelsie started the WISH challenge and it has been such a positive and helpful experience for me. Instead of 100 pounds--now I need to lose 60 pounds (or more). I think you are going to find that WISH is helpful for you too.

Sometimes we have to experiment with different eating plans before we find the one that is just right for us. I follow the Atkins plan, a lot of WISHers follow WW, we have a couple of Brits who use the Slimming World plan...basically all plans are represented, here on WISH. No matter which plan you choose there will be another WISHer on that plan, too. Let me know which plan you finally decide on, and it won't be written in stone, you know. You can change plans if you need to do that. Lot's of WISHers have started with one plan and changed to another, and in some cases, changed to another and another ;)

I'm very happy to know that you are going to be part of my wonderful support group, here, jenfur. That's the <b>magical</b> part of WISH--the support group. Men and women following all kinds of different eating plans are here to help. So, if you need support or comfort or advice, just come here to WISH. All you have to do is ask and our wonderful WISHers are always ready to help you through, to offer a smile or hug, to comfort you, to come up with ideas to help you succeed. They are the greatest group of losers you could ever hope to meet. Now you are one of us and I think that is wonderful.

I hope you are ready to succeed. You are on your way to goal, now--you are going to reach your goal, too. I'm sure of it. All of your friends here on WISH are going to help you do that. If you need anything, we'll be right here to help and we care about our WISH friends. Visit us often and join right in, it's really helpful for me for everyone to participate in WISH. You're going to find it helpful too, you just wait and see.

<b>magicmouse2</b> That's wonderful progress. Have you lost that 5 pounds since taking the WISH challenge? You have earned a new clipart if you did :) Aren't you feeling proud of your success? We are all feeling proud <i>of</i> you. Good job!

Katholyn

I am going to take the WISH challenge. I am doing a plan called Healthy Inspirations. Since it seems that it is not a plan that others are on I will explain it and post a link to the explanation here. I am hoping to get to the gym at least 5 times a week. 2 days of weights and 3 of cardio.
I started about a week and a half ago. I will weigh in on for an official count on Friday. I have to do this 3 times a week to track progress but my official is on Fridays:D

Link to Healthy Inspiration Plan: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=388291

Hi Jenfur!

I'm new here too, but I wanted to tell ya that a few years back I tried atkins and I got the horrible-ist headaches I ever had. I'm also an admitted carb queen, so I felt yucky for the first three days and with the headaches I felt even worse. But, that was a few years ago.

I am now on Atkins again, this time I gave it a shot because my husband wanted to try it. I was worried about the headaches....so much so that I made sure to plan ahead decided to start the diet on a long three day weekend, in case I did feel horrible again.

While the first three days were tough, I didn't feel sick or headachy this time...and I think I figured out why. When I tried it the first time my diet lacked VARIETY...I was eating hard boiled eggs, tuna with mayo, and bacon or sliced deli ham. That's pretty much it. This time, I went to the atkins diet web site and checked out some great recipes, and printed out the induction plan to make my grocery list. I also included green vegetables with my meal (pea pods, or romaine.... asparagus) and lo and behold, no headaches! Not one! I also stayed away from bacon and deli meat as the nitrates in both can contribute to headaches.

Then there's the caffeine thing. The diet calls for you to avoid caffeine. I love caffeine! I should say loved. I started getting a small half decaf half calf coffee at the coffee shop. Then I bought a small bag of fresh ground decaf and a smaller bag of fresh ground caf and mixed it together for my coffee at home. I can say that I am no longer addicted to coffee! It did the trick, without the nasty detox headache!

Whichever method you choose, I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to do atkins without that horrible headache.

Best Wishes!
Sue

Hi all! I want to join this challenge, too. I've been on WW since Jan and haven't gone in the last three weeks (well, two I was at WDW so I guess that's a good excuse, LOL). I have lost about 38 lbs though.

Now that I'm back, though, I don't want to go to my meetings b/c I'm sure I've gained b/c I have not been journaling at all. I'm back on track now, but I need motivation so I decided today that my next trip to WDW would not be until I reached my goal weight. How's THAT for motivation? LOL

So I'm new but I really am excited to be part of this, I sure need inspiration and encouragement. :)

Thanks all and good luck!

Christiana in Seattle

I to am taking the challenge. I'm hoping to be down 40 pounds by christmas. Summer and fall are my best motivational times. I have no real diet that I'm following just cutting back and out some of the really bad things (candy, potaotes,soda are out, pasta cut back to twice a month (I'm and italian and this hurts). There are also some underlying medical issues PYCOS andstuff I'm finally going to treat.
So since you are all here to catch me when I fall and kick me in the butt (which I'm sure I'll need) here I gooooo......
Thanks.

<b>gemmie214</b> Thanks for posting here too. Your eating plan sounds interesting. I know you're going to do just great.

I'm glad you are here. I could use another sweet person like you in my support group (notice how selfish I am? ;) )

You're going to like it here, Jana. I can't wait to see how well you do with your Healthy Inspirations plan.

<b>disnygoof</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I'm glad to see you here.

You sound like you are motivated, determined and all ready to get back to losing again. You have already done <i>very</i> well, I'm sure with the support of WISH you are going to be a great success.

Will you continue to follow the WW program? We have many WW's here and several who follow the plan but do not attend meetings. If you have any program questions or need advice, all you have to do is ask. You will get speedy replies.

<b>tiggereyore</b> Thanks for posting here, too. You have set a very reasonable goal and I have no doubt that you will reach it.

Sorry to hear about your PCOS. I believe we have a few people here on WISH who are following Atkins in an attempt to help their own PCOS. I hope your treatment is a quick success.

<i>The very best part of WISH is our wonderful support group. Composed of men and women following all different types of eating plans and regimens, the WISH support group is always here, always ready to help. Whether you need a recipe, or support or comfort or just a laugh, the support group is here for you.

I have felt so blessed to have WISH. The supportive and intelligent people here are some of the most emotionally generous people I have ever met. I'll bet you find that WISH is helpful too.</i>

There is a member clipart available if you would like to add it to your signature. No matter how much we may have lost before taking the challenge, we start with a <b>zero loss</b> when we take the challenge and then each time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's fun and motivating. A little something extra to look forward to while we are losing weight.

I love seeing new faces on WISH. I'm just tickled that all of you decided to take the challenge. I sure hope you are ready to succeed, because you are on your way to goal. I have no doubt that the goals you have set will be reached. We are all going to help you do that and all we ask in return, is for <i>you</i> to help <i>us</i> when we need help. It's really a pretty good deal.

Onward and downward my friends!

Katholyn

Yep! I plan to stay on WW. A friend at work and I will be going together that way we keep each other in check. Sometimes going to the meetings is so hard when you don't feel you've done well that week, LOL.

Thanks for this group! I can't wait!

Christiana :)

This is such agreat idea. Thank you for ding this I have been losing a little at a time wih out much success I keep gaining it back but I think with a little support and motivation I will get it done this time. Thank you for coming up with such a great idea and giving us a place to make it happen with friends.

I am doing this onmy own as I can't afford anything else I am just exercising more eating less and trying to watch what I eat. I have only really started hard in hte last week and have lost 12 pounds total. I am going to Disney in September 2004 and want to be able to go with out running downa nd having to sit every 20 min. I also want my husband no to be embbarssed if I want to go swimming. I hope to lose 60 pounds by this September and just keep it off!!!

Thank you for the opportunity and will talk to you all soon.

463 Days 6 Hrs 48 Mins 7 Secs

Well, I am definately in a slump!!

I have lost over 30 lbs. over many months-very slowly, by going to the gym and "cutting bacK'. Now, my "cutting back" just not seem to be enough. We are having an addition built to our home and the kitchen is under comstruction so we have been fast fooding it and thta does not help at all. It is very difficult for me to cook anything -microwave access only.

Also, having lost weight -but still have about another 25-30 to go, I have a false sense of satisfaction. Almost like-I have done good, now let me reward myself w/ that--- caramel apple or that
ice cream. It is like self sabotage.

I am not used to being this weight--my clothes from last summer are all 2 to 3 sizes too big, but I can't afford to get a new wardrobe.

and-the rain won't stop!!!

P.S.- How do I get one of those "Dis wiush " clip arts attached to my posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter