• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, you have really inspired me and I'm ready to take the W.I.S.H challenge! I am planning on trying the Atkins plan but will start slowly because next week Fri. we leave for a 2 week vacation to California, including Disneyland! I would like to loose 15-20 pounds. I started exercising a few weeks ago, doing the Firm tapes a few times a week and although I feel like I am a bit more toned I haven't lost any weight so I need to get more serious about what I eat.

Cheryl

I'm really glad you decided to join us, <b>Cheryl N. WI</b>. I am always tickled to see a new member of my support group.

I haven't been to DL since 1978. I keep saying I need to go again but it hasn't happened yet. Enjoy your trip. Will you be meeting up with any other DISers? We have several California WISHers and lots of California DISers. DIS meets are fun.

I see you already have your member clipart, it looks good on you. I imagine that once you get serious about Akins and have finished your vacation you will have wonderful success with that plan. Lots of us follow Atkins and have done very well.

We have a great support group here. If you have any questions about Atkins or just need to talk we will be right here for you. I'm so glad you are one of us, now.

You are going to be a great success, I'm sure of it, we are all going to help you succeed! Onward and downward!

Katholyn

:wave: Hello!!!:wave:

If I get as excited about losing weight as I am about being in your W.I.S.H. group and getting my own weight loss clipart, I will do good!!!:teeth:

I will check in here on Monday. I also weigh in on Monday's with Jiminy. ;)

Talk to you all this weekend!!!
:crazy:
Basketcase

<b>addicted_to_WDW</b> I didn't mean to skip you. I'm glad you posted here, too. Now I can add you to our roster.

You are going to do great, I'm on Atkins too and I have had pretty good success with it. I'm sure you will too.

<b>basketcase</b> You are going to do <b>great</b>! You never really doubted that did you?

All of your new WISH friends are going to see to it :)

<b>addicted_to_WDW and basketcase</b> I see you both have your new member clipart. Don't get too attached, you will be trading up to a 5 or 10 pound loss clippie very, very soon :)

Well I lost 14 lbs in two weeks on the lipotrim diet, third week nothing!!! so what did I do but the usual thing give up!!!!

I had a week off the diet then could not do it when I tried again, it is just too hard eating no food and only 3 drinks a day!!!

I have decided to try the Atkins diet, bought the book tonight and the Carbohydrate counter. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynda

Just a little encouragement for all you atkins dieters out there!!!! My mother recently lost 96 lbs with atkins diet. She went from a size 24 to an 8 in less then a year. 10 in a half months to be exact. I myself have tried this diet and it works if you can stick to it!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I was reading another booard, noticed the "WISH clipart and clicked on.
How do I sign up?
I have been in a continuous lifelong battle to lose weight. I got motivated last Fall and have slowly lost 30 pounds or so since then.

I am happy to say that I even purchased some smaller size shirts from the Disney Store, on a great sale a while ago, hoping they would fit, some day!! Now, they do fit. (I even have a limegreen Disboard color Mickey shirt).
I feel that now I am at an impasse, and I need to make a change to continue on my weight loss journey. I have not been on any specific diet-just cut down, alot, and have been going to the gym-even more. Any advice?

I am up for the Challenge......Starting Monday June 9 I am starting Atkins.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds. Since I get do many physical things due to my knee I have not come up with a excerise plan yet. But I will think of something.

So let the CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!!!

Hi lynda,

Don't give up!!!
I know...I tried Atkins and I went nuts......
I was going to give up and then I kept reading the posts!!!
Everyone is so nice here.
Any suggestions on diets from anyone would help.:wave:

Jaypd, I love your clipart. Survivor is my 2nd favorite reality show after The Amazing Race.

I am new here and I will be starting my wish challenge. I as doing great before my cruise and I lost 20 pounds. We have been back for 2 weeks and I haven't walked yet.. I will start tomorrow.

I'm up for the challenge, too! I needed something to kick me in the butt to get me going. I started Atkins yesterday and so far so good. Even with 4 kids around snacking, I'm OK. As you can see I don't have much time till AKL so I REALLY need to be good and stick to it.

This might sound crazy but I feel less bloated than usual already. The hard part for me is when I work. I'm a third shifter who works from home just steps from my kitchen. KNowing that I'm on this challenge, hopefully I will be able to stick to Atkins and lose my weight. My goal is to lose 50lbs. Wow! I can't believe I actually let myself go so far that I have to lose that much. But having babies did add to my problem of being a carb addict.

Good luck to you all and on with the challenge!!:Pinkbounc

I'd like to join the Challenge too! Starting now!

I'm a long time Atkins follower, but I'm having a very difficult time losing the last 10-15 pounds and I could really use some moral support!! I'd also love to be able to help those who may be new to Atkins.

My biggest problem is exercise....I'm a fairly active person, but I can't seem to get into any type of routine. I left my corporate job in February, and am working for my family's business, which gives me a lot more flexibility in my schedule. I had visions of getting into a regular exercise routine.

Well, I now realize that my excuse that I was too busy to exercise was just that - an excuse, and that the reality is I hate to exercise, I hate having a routine and I'm not very disciplined. :( :(

In the last 4 months I've tried aerobics classes, walking, jogging, and swimming laps. I've never stuck with any of them for more than a week. I've also thought about getting a trainer (I did this about 5 years ago, and it was great for jumpstarting me) but I've procrastinated actually making the call!

What's wrong with me? :( :( :(

<b>Rain</b> I have had success with Atkins and so have many other WISHers, I'm sure will be successful, too. You know we are here to help you along, so if you have any questions, just ask.

I think finding the eating plan that is right for you is a large part of succeeding at losing weight. I hope Atkins is the one you can work with and stick with.

<b>dawnstar</b> Welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad that you found us. You must be so proud of your mother and I hope she is proud of <i>herself</i>. What an accomplishment! Losing 96 pounds requires a lot of determination, what a success she is.

<b>nezy</b> You are all signed up! I'm so glad. It's great to see you here on WISH.

Congratulations on losing 30 pounds. Losing weight slowly seems to be a key to keeping the weight off when you have finished losing. Sounds like you have a solid good start.

If cutting down and going to the gym more works for you then I think it's great! I need a little more structure in my eating plan. I obviously am not good at cutting down or eating sensibly. I think it is wonderful that you have such control.

Shall I list your eating plan as eating sensibly? We have several WISHers who "eat sensibly" you will have plenty of support and information available to you.

<b>Jaypd</b> Thanks for posting here too, Jay. You are following the Atkins plan, right? You should have no problem reaching your goal of losing 25 pounds, it's a very reasonable goal.

As far as working out, there is a thread somewhere about Walking away the pounds. It is a "walking" program that does not stress your knees very much. I've tried it and had no trouble with my old knees, you may be able to handle it too. It's worth a try anyway.

I'm so glad you are going to be part of my support group now, Jay. We need more masculine type humans on WISH :)

<b>kelljacques@aol.com</b> Thank you for posting here too. I'm so glad that you are going to be with us here on WISH now. WISH is a great place, very motivating.

You have come to the right place. We help keep each other motivated and moving (some of these people can be real slave drivers ;) ) I have a real problem getting motivated to work out so I know exactly how you are feeling. I'll help remind you to get up and move and you can help remind me. Does that sound like a deal?

What nutritional plan will you follow? We have all sorts of plans represented here on WISH so if you have questions or need informatin, just ask, you will receive speedy replies.

<b>cart-mom</b> You sound very motivated and determined, that's great! You are going to be great in our support group. You can help keep us motivated and we will help keep <i>you</i> motivated. That's a pretty good deal, huh?

I follow the Atkins plan, too and I've had good success. I have no doubt you will have great success too. You may experience some "withdrawal" symptoms but they only last a few days and then you will feel great. It sounds like you are already noticing results, if you are less bloated already. Wonderful!

Many WISHers follow the Atkins nutritional plan. If you have any questions or need advice all you have to do is ask. There are lots of people here just waiting to help you out. They are pretty smart too :)

You have a reasonable goal and an excellent plan, you are going to do great!

<b>bsnyder</b> Hi Bet, it's so great to see you here on WISH. Sounds like you have had wonderful success eating the controlled carbohydrate way. How great that you have decided to lose those last few pounds. You will do that easily, I'm sure. You are such a strong and determined person, you are going to do great.

We will be calling on you to share some of your Atkins "know how", I'm sure, so keep an eye on WISH, you will be asked to share your secrets of success often.

<i>The <b>magic</b> of WISH is our wonderful support group. Lots of people who follow all kinds of eating plans come together to help each other and offer support and advice. The WISH support group is the greatest group of <b>losers</b> you could ever hope to meet. They are always ready to offer comfort, support, advice and help. All they ask in return is that you be there for them when they need help. It's a pretty great arrangement. Everyone here on WISH faces the same challenges as each one of you and it helps a lot to know that someone understands <b>exactly</b> how you are feeling at any given moment.</i>

There is a special WISH challenge clipart that you can add to your signature, if you choose. I see some of you have already added it and it looks great. The WISH clipart is exempt from the DIS clipart restrictions so you don't have to give up any clipart you may already have in your signature. There is a post telling you how to add the clipart right <b>HERE</b>. If you need help just send a private message to glo, Kelsie or me or just post on the technical support board.

I love getting new members in my support group. Looks like I have found some new friends today. I'm glad you decided to take the challenge and join us, here on WISH.

I know everyone is motivated and determined and ready to start this new healthy lifestyle. I'm anxious to see how well all of you are going to do. I have not one little doubt that each one of you will reach your goal--all of us here are going to help you do that :)

Let's get going then we've got some weight to lose and friends to make. It's going to be fun--just you wait and see.

Katholyn

<b>Cart-mom</b> I moved your post about your weight loss to our check-in thread for 6/8/03. Jiminy102 posts a thread for us each week so that we can share our progress with all of our WISH friends. You will find that post <b>HERE</b>

I love the check-in thread, if everyone posts their progress there I don't miss any of the fun :)

I'm off to see how well everyone has done so far.

Katholyn

Hi!

My name is Jennifer and I posted yesterday but don't think I posted to this thread. Please forgive my ineptness as I have never done message boards. :confused: I am so impressed with how you all are so supportive of one another! I would love to join you as I also begin my weight loss journey. I look forward to encouraging others as so many have already encouraged me!

I will be doing WW and look forward to getting back into the exercise habit. This week my goals are to drink 64 oz. of water a day and to exercise at least 3 times this week for 45 min....and to stay within my points!

Thanks for letting me be a part of such a wonderful, loving group!

Actually Katholyn, for me it is always TRYING to eat sensibly, not always succeeding. That is the difficult part for me. I have never been good at WW-it is too obsessive for me w/ knowing the points of everything.
I have been reading a book called"Body for Life" that describes both a workout and eating plan. It suggests a protein and a veggie at every meal. I haven't tried Atkins, but it sounds like there has been alot of success. I guess, that is the extra step I now need -- a definitive eating plan, other than just winging it.

How do I attach the clipart to my postings?

I think that Goofy Girl follows the body for life program. I don't know how she has done with it, though.

If you like the way it sounds then why don't you try Body For Life and see if it is the program for you?

There is a post that tells you how to add the clipart to your signature and you will find it <b>HERE</b> If you have problems figuring it out just send glo, Kelsie or me a private message and we will find someone to help you.

Katholyn

Sorry, I posted this as a seperate post a little while ago. here is the info from that post:

I would like to participate in this. I am a very tall person, so I can hide weight pretty well, but over the past 9 months my weight has gone way up due to the stresses of a new baby (born 10/10), work, etc. I am definitely a stress eater.

I'm pretty angry at myself that I am in this position. I've always had a weight problem, but around Thanksgiving of 2001 I joined WW with my sister-in-law and lost over 80 pounds (from 335 to 251)!! But then we decided to get off of WW (due mostly to cost) and now I've gained pretty much ALL of it back. I consider myself an athletic person, so that makes this even worse. Not to mention the wear and tear on my knees, etc. the extra weight causes.

Not sure what diet I would do though. Does anyone have info or a website on Atkins? Was pretty successful with the WW diet, so maybe I'll go with that.

Thanks for any help folks. I leave for WDW with the family on 6/27, so I'd like to get started on this and be "on a roll" before we leave.

Gregg

Thanks for posting here, too, Gregg. It helps me to keep track of my support group :)

I follow the Atkins plan and there is a website where you can find information about the plan: www.atkins.com

I'm glad you have decided to join us. No sense being angry with yourself, you can't change the past but you <i>can</i> change "right now". Looks like that is what you have done.

We have WISHers who follow every diet plan out there. So, no matter which plan you choose, there will be someone here who is following the same plan.

The support group is the best part of WISH. Lots of friendly and caring people here to help you along on the road to goal. WISH is a nice place to visit, so I hope you can visit often.

There is a special WISH clipart that you can add to your signature if you choose. Wovenwonder has written a great post telling you how to do that and you will find it <b>HERE</b> Let me know if you need help adding this to your signature.

I think you are going to like WISH, Gregg. I hope you can visit often. Let me know which eating program you choose.

Katholyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter