Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 4.23.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 4.23.24 PM.png
    520.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 4.23.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 4.23.31 PM.png
    465.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:

According to the Disney rep I talked with when considering buying direct, there is another increase coming early February ($8 per point as opposed to yesterday's $10/pt)

It’s fascinating to me that Disney still feels super confident in raising direct prices right now. I hope their sales plummet to unexpected lows. (I know, I’m bitter)

It’s fascinating to me that Disney still feels super confident in raising direct prices right now. I hope their sales plummet to unexpected lows. (I know, I’m bitter)

I wish everyone would cancel anything in the works right now, their waitlists, etc.

What a great way to get everyone to stop talking about DME, etc though..... now we can be super pissed about the increased pricing instead! ha ha!

I'm bitter too - our plan was to get our initial contract resale (in ROFR now) and then add on 25 pts direct every year since there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between direct and resale for those low point contracts, but now it looks like we will probably change that timeline to adding a resale contract with more points every 2 years

I think this is just writing on the wall for at least as long as I have been a member (2019 Riviera Owner). When I initially bought my guide sold an exclusive club that was fundamentally different than resale. I didn’t fully buy it because I did a lot of research but it scared me enough to buy my 100 points and lock in my blue card. I think this is just the next step in the master plan to keep hurting resale. Here me out.

The big assumption is that they know they have enough demand to raise these prices. Also, to Paul’s point, they probably have another type of incentive for blue card people. Then this will justify them buying back ROFR since the delta between resale and direct is now larger for a while. Also, in short term while they still have lots of resorts closed, I think they are probably having a lot easier time selling the rooms they own in the 30-60 day window and make money. They may actually be making more money by owning their own points right now. I think this is part of the long game to eventually turn DVC into a Country Club.

There really has to be some super duper secret plan that no one is sharing because it is very strange to increase like this at this time. Just surprised.

Let’s hope isn’t decreased benefits to resale buyers. Because if there is no more benefit to buying direct, that’s the only other option to entice people.

Lastly, the closer they bring the older resorts resale prices to the Riviera and Aulani prices, the more likely it is people buy direct.

With these increases and Riviera and Aulani increases coming soon, I have to assume we're going to get some sort of incidental benefits announcement soon. It's the only way they can sell at these rates, in my opinion.
I don’t think that is coming. I actually expect that the next thing to drop will be no more annual passes at WDW,l. That means another incidental benefit loss.

With these increases and Riviera and Aulani increases coming soon, I have to assume we're going to get some sort of incidental benefits announcement soon. It's the only way they can sell at these rates, in my opinion.
Aulani didn’t sell at the current price. Or any of its last 7 prices. So I’m not sure they care?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!