Dinner/Show Questions

MABrentwood

Mouseketeer
Hi all! First time cruiser here, looking forward to taking my two daughters (ages 1.5 and 4.5) on the Dream this February.

A few questions, if you can help.

Since I booked 46 days out, I could only choose the late dining option. Anyone have experience changing their dining time?

I understand that if you have the late dining, then you go to the early show, and vice versa. Do you actually have assigned tickets to the show? Or can you go to either one, as long as you are willing to skip dinner in the MDR?

Of the four shows on the Dream, which are the best for little kids?

Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner, I may try to make it to the one that they will get the biggest kick out of.

SERIOUSLY - $500 for a cabana on CC?!

THANKS A TON!!!!

Hi all! First time cruiser here, looking forward to taking my two daughters (ages 1.5 and 4.5) on the Dream this February.

A few questions, if you can help.

Since I booked 46 days out, I could only choose the late dining option. Anyone have experience changing their dining time?

I understand that if you have the late dining, then you go to the early show, and vice versa. Do you actually have assigned tickets to the show? Or can you go to either one, as long as you are willing to skip dinner in the MDR?

Of the four shows on the Dream, which are the best for little kids?

Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner, I may try to make it to the one that they will get the biggest kick out of.

SERIOUSLY - $500 for a cabana on CC?!

THANKS A TON!!!!

First, have you requested to be placed on the wait list for main dining? If not, do so. You (or your TA, if you used one) will do this by calling DCL and making the request. Then, about every week, or so, call DCL to "confirm" that the request is on your reservation. If, when you checkin at the port, your KTTW card indicates that you still have late dining, go immediately upon boarding to where the dining changes are being handled and make the request again. In many cases these measures work, sometimes they do not.

You can go to whichever show (early or late) that you wish, no tickets.

We have changed our dining successfully the past 3 times. You need to call them and be sure its noted on your reservation. Some people have not been able to have it changed but we've always been lucky with that.
Also, you don't have specific tickets for the shows. You can go if you want to any show. They usually will have one in the afternoon as well (on the Fantasy they do).
Sorry, haven't been on the Dream so do not have any info on which show to be a 'cant miss'

Yes, $500 for the cabana.....unfortunately my DH loves them and we'd probably even pay more for one :beach:

Have a great time on your cruise! :goodvibes

First, have you requested to be placed on the wait list for main dining? If not, do so. You (or your TA, if you used one) will do this by calling DCL and making the request. Then, about every week, or so, call DCL to "confirm" that the request is on your reservation.

I would have not know to do that - I called today and the customer service rep told me that I was on the wait list and he was 99% sure that my dinner time would be moved! Appreciate the help!:)

Obviously $500 for a cabana doesn't faze many people because they are booked immediately. We are gold and can book at 105 days out and never have been able to get a cabana. Never....and I try each cruise.

Hi all! First time cruiser here, looking forward to taking my two daughters (ages 1.5 and 4.5) on the Dream this February. A few questions, if you can help. Since I booked 46 days out, I could only choose the late dining option. Anyone have experience changing their dining time? I understand that if you have the late dining, then you go to the early show, and vice versa. Do you actually have assigned tickets to the show? Or can you go to either one, as long as you are willing to skip dinner in the MDR? Of the four shows on the Dream, which are the best for little kids? Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner, I may try to make it to the one that they will get the biggest kick out of. SERIOUSLY - $500 for a cabana on CC?! THANKS A TON!!!!

Like you we booked our first cruise close to the sail date on the dream, your one step ahead of me by finding this site. We were originally booked first seating for the six of us, but by the time we boarded we were already changed to first seating, and had great locations in each mdr. Just make sure to call Disney to put in the request, not guaranteed But they do try., it also depends where your coming from, fir ex: if you live on the west coast you may find late seating easier to work with your schedules

No tickets for shows come and go as u please. Had a 5 & 3 yr old and they loved all of the shows, surprisingly even villains tonight, we were planning on skipping but kids wanted to see what the evening show was so we sat in the back near the exits, but to our surprise kids enjoyed it.

For our little ones they weren't huge fans of the pre fireworks pre show though.

Yes 500 sounds high but figure it's half the price of a nice resort and your on the beach

Of the main dining rooms, Animator's Palate is the only one with a real show. (The lighting in Enchanted Garden changes, but that's subtle.) So, if you're choosing one for your daughters to attend, that's the one to pick. You may also consider Pirate Night, though -- I'm usually in Palo that night, but I think there's something going on in all the dining rooms.

Of the three MDR's, which is the best "show" for little kids? I am thinking if I am going to try to get my little girls to sit through dinner

My kids aren't as young as your's DS 17 and DD 13, but have you heard about DCL's program where you do the early show, go to late dining and they serve the kids immediately and then one of the kid's activity coordinators come and get your kids to go to the clubs/activity place they enjoy so much during the day. That way they get to enjoy the show, dinner and fun, and you get a relaxed dinner with your significant other. Sounds like a win/win if yo are unable to change to early dining.

Yay! Though the kids compatibility brought us together on our last Disney Cruise, a little alone time will be great. So excited!!

My kids aren't as young as your's DS 17 and DD 13, but have you heard about DCL's program where you do the early show, go to late dining and they serve the kids immediately and then one of the kid's activity coordinators come and get your kids to go to the clubs/activity place they enjoy so much during the day. That way they get to enjoy the show, dinner and fun, and you get a relaxed dinner with your significant other. Sounds like a win/win if yo are unable to change to early dining.

I will love this.....when my kids are older! My kids are in bed normally by 6:30/7 at home - so I plan to push them to 8/8:30 while on the cruise, but that is probably as far as they can go!

Thanks for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter