Dining Plan Exceptions ....

jkstewart1800

DIS Veteran
Is there a list somewhere that includes all the dining plan exceptions from restaurant to restaurant? I have looked at the menus from AllEars but I could have sworn that some restaurants have limitations on what is considered a non alcoholic drink (like Via Napoli) and some restrictions on desserts offered.

Thanks!

I haven't heard of any desserts on the menu that can't be ordered except the Kitchen Sink at Beaches N Cream.

As far as the drinks: some places let you order a milkshake or smoothie, but it's mostly up to the CMs discretion. You can go in a restaurant and order it one day and get denied the next.

I haven't heard of any desserts on the menu that can't be ordered except the Kitchen Sink at Beaches N Cream.

As far as the drinks: some places let you order a milkshake or smoothie, but it's mostly up to the CMs discretion. You can go in a restaurant and order it one day and get denied the next.

I know you can't get those cute drinks in the cups that light up for the kids... for example... that made me wonder if I couldn't get those awesome looking fruit juices at Via Napoli....

I know you can't get those cute drinks in the cups that light up for the kids... for example... that made me wonder if I couldn't get those awesome looking fruit juices at Via Napoli....

I don't think anyone has been able to get anything but water, tea or soda at Via Napoli.

I don't think anyone has been able to get anything but water, tea or soda at Via Napoli.

Right... that is what I thought... the wording on the dining plan is a bit loose... it just says non-alcoholic drink.... there are a lot of restaurants in WS that have really neat drinks (like at VN) and I was wondering if ANY of them are covered on the plan... I know there has got to be a list out there some where ;)

I've never seen a list of exceptions either here on the DIS or elsewhere on the internet.

Probably due in part to the fact that the wording is so loose and it ends up being up to the CM's discretion.

Generally speaking it's Tea, Water, Soda, Coffee, Juice and Milk for drinks everywhere. Period. But, as mentioned by the PP, occasionally you can get lucky and get a fun or special drink for part of your credit.

I would suggest just asking at a restaurant that has a special drink that interests you. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and get something that wasn't on any list of acceptable drinks.

I know that you can get the virgin strawberry daquiri and pina coladas at kona and several places (Whispering Canyon, Olivias, Wave, to name a few) will include milkshakes as your drink. You just have to ask the server.

The light up kid drinks and glow cube things are never included.

The only real menu limitation on food that i've encountered so far that I recall is at Raglan Road. You cannot order the app for 2 even if you are using credits for 2 people. And you are given a special dessert menu that is limited. It includes the bread pudding, so that's all that matters...lol.

At the Disney owned restaurants, the only exclusions I've encountered are specialty drinks that include some kind of souvenir like a mug, cup, glowing cube or glowing clip. At the non-Disney owned restaurants I believe there are more exclusions but I have no experience with these.

It's different at every restaurant... not every restaurant is Disney owned...

Here's a few I remember...

Drinks:

Tutto Italia - coffee not included (really weird, but that's what they said in 2008... I complained... hopefully it changed, probably not).

Le Cellier - virgin frozen drinks included.

50s Prime Time, Sci Fi Diner, Whispering Canyon -- Milkshakes included as drink. I highly recommend the 50s milkshakes!

Signature Restaurants -- I think every signature restaurant included coffee or a specialty coffee (cappucino, expresso, etc.) in addition to a regular drink. I like coffee with dessert but not earlier in the meal.

Many restaurants have "Sides". On the deluxe DDP, these were included at Flying Fish Cafe and Brown Derby. We surely didn't need anything extra to eat after appetizers... but I just wanted to try something.

California Grill -- there are 2 sushi appetizers not included. but the others are fine.

Fantasmic Package -- if you get the package either by paying out of pocket or using the DDP, appetizers are included even if not on the deluxe DDP. True at Mama Melrose and Brown Derby when we were there.

At the Disney owned restaurants, the only exclusions I've encountered are specialty drinks that include some kind of souvenir like a mug, cup, glowing cube or glowing clip. At the non-Disney owned restaurants I believe there are more exclusions but I have no experience with these.

That is what I have heard...Since my family and I don't drink soda I was trying to see if at each of the restaurants I picked out had a "fun" drink... to make the ddp worth while.....

That is what I have heard...Since my family and I don't drink soda I was trying to see if at each of the restaurants I picked out had a "fun" drink... to make the ddp worth while.....

Most of the time, I just got ice tea, water, and coffee.

The most fun drink I had was the milkshake at 50s Prime Time... actually I had TWO! One for my drink, one for dessert to go! Yum, Yum, Yum...

Coral Reef and some other restaurants have a pomegrante lemondade I liked.

On a hot day, I really like the frozen, slushy, lemonades and colas you can get at all the parks. Snack credit.

But the MOST fun drink I had.... was the liter draft beer at Biergarten... served in a gigantic frosty glass mug... That's how I like my beer! Shame that's not on the DDP!

Most of the time, I just got ice tea, water, and coffee.

The most fun drink I had was the milkshake at 50s Prime Time... actually I had TWO! One for my drink, one for dessert to go! Yum, Yum, Yum...

Coral Reef and some other restaurants have a pomegrante lemondade I liked.

On a hot day, I really like the frozen, slushy, lemonades and colas you can get at all the parks. Snack credit.

But the MOST fun drink I had.... was the liter draft beer at Biergarten... served in a gigantic frosty glass mug... That's how I like my beer! Shame that's not on the DDP!

hmmmmmm..... maybe i need a list of the snack items that are available...... i love slushies!

If the drink options will be the deciding factor as to whether the DDP is worthwhile or not then I'd say don't do it. The plan works for some people and not for others. If you're looking for justification from something like drinks then it's probably not for you.

If a Disney owned and operated restaurant serves milk shakes or other frozen drinks then these drinks are most likely included (as long as there's no souvenir involves; I believe that the souvenirs are generally tied to some kind of punch or lemonaide and not the frozen drinks). The strawberry drink I got at Kona was delicious and the milkshakes at 50s PTC are HUGE and wonderful and both included as drinks on the DDP. The milkshakes at WCC I hear are also included. At resort CS locations they're typically only available as dessert options though occasionally a resort (generally only values) will allow milkshakes as a drink option (check before you order because you don't want to be surprised when you go to pay).

Juices and milk are also available as a drink option on the DDP. There's also generally some kind of lemonaide My kids don't drink sodas either. DD12 generally gets soy milk and DD10 generally gets juice, though at 50s PTC they both get milkshakes.

If the drink options will be the deciding factor as to whether the DDP is worthwhile or not then I'd say don't do it. The plan works for some people and not for others. If you're looking for justification from something like drinks then it's probably not for you.

If a Disney owned and operated restaurant serves milk shakes or other frozen drinks then these drinks are most likely included (as long as there's no souvenir involves; I believe that the souvenirs are generally tied to some kind of punch or lemonaide and not the frozen drinks). The strawberry drink I got at Kona was delicious and the milkshakes at 50s PTC are HUGE and wonderful and both included as drinks on the DDP. The milkshakes at WCC I hear are also included. At resort CS locations they're typically only available as dessert options though occasionally a resort (generally only values) will allow milkshakes as a drink option (check before you order because you don't want to be surprised when you go to pay).

Juices and milk are also available as a drink option on the DDP. There's also generally some kind of lemonaide My kids don't drink sodas either. DD12 generally gets soy milk and DD10 generally gets juice, though at 50s PTC they both get milkshakes.

Drinks aren't the make it or break it decieding factor for us.... I was just trying to make sure that I understood the plan as fully as I good.... for example I would have NEVER thought shake would be included...... so that was good to know.... I wanted a list not neccessarily for justification for the plan but just as a tool to get the most value for my dollar out of the plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter