Digital Video Camera

pilferk

Jambo Wildbunch Gang
It's not EXACTLY photography, but it's close enough that I thought this would be the right place to ask.

Posted a week ago about my wife's digital SLR purchase (she decided to keep the d40x) and you were all so helpful, I thought I'd ask you for suggestions for MY "new toy".

I'm looking to buy a digital video camera. I'm waffling between direct to DVD and true (as in it has a hard drive) digital and looking for some suggestions both on which tech you like and which camera might be a good suggestion.

I'm looking for something sub 1000, preferably closer to the $700 mark, with a relatively small footprint (this is replacing our old Canon High-8 camera) and good ergonomics. Good low light (for those Disney attraction videos, dance recitals, etc) performance would also be a plus. HD is not necessary (and, in fact, I'm not sure I could get it in my price range, so.....).

Any help and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter