Differences between HIMaingate and HIFS

momothree

Earning My Ears
We are debating between the Holiday Inn Maingate and the Holiday Inn Family Suites. Is it worth the extra cost ($125/night vs. $79)to stay at HIFS which is a little closer and seems a little nicer? Has anyone stayed both places? I haven't seen any postings recommending HI Maingate. Please help us with our decision!

We went to Florida in September and ended booking our hotel through hotelkingdom.com. They offered us a cheaper rate to stay at HIFS than the hotel offered us when we called them directly. We had absolutely no problems booking our hotel this way and we had a great rate. HIFS was definitely a great hotel and I doubt any other Holiday Inn would measure up to it. The free hot buffet breakfast each morning saved our family of four plenty of $. Also we ended up eating in the restaurant 1 evening and the kids eat free there too. The kids can also eat free in the food court but that ends at 5:00 p.m. (I believe). HIFS makes great use of the space and I would definitely recommend staying there to anyone. The convenience of being that close to all the Disney parks is an extra benefit. :D

We were there in September and felt it was worth $150.00/night, when you compare we stayed at PO two years ago for $139.00/night. We always will pay more for something if it's worth it and we feel HIFS is definitely worth it. We'll be back there again in 2002 no matter what the rate is (within reason, of course!) Hope this helps with your decision.

We stayed at Maingate east last March, and now that Ive read about HIFS, Ill be paying the extra $$ to stay ther on our next trip. Maingate east has kids suites, but it is just a sectioned off corner of the room... the other part of the room had a king bed and that was it.. At Hifs, there is an additional room (with couch and TV). The breakfast wasnt free at Maingate east, and the kids didnt eat free with one paying adult at the food court. Also, although my kids loved the pool at Maingate east, there was a wading pool for my 2 year old too....they will go nuts (I think) over the zero depth entry pool at HIFS. Maingate east offered a kids program, and that was one of the reasons we went there, however once we arrived, they told us the program was bring revamped, and so many of the activities werent offered....Maingate east does have 2 room suites, and had I not heard of HIFS, I may have returned to Maingate east and stayed in a 2 room suite(which is more $$ than a kids suite) . so taking that into account, the HIFS rate isnt too bad (even in Canadian $$). Also Im hoping for our trip next Feb. that there is another great offer like they had this year..(2nights for 1 rate).
HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest