Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR! (Updated 5/27/14)

I love all your pictures!

I NEED to see that parade. Everyone always talks about how awesome it is. 2014 or 2015 it is happening, I'm determined haha!

Malificient looks great! I'm glad the meet was awesome!

Faciliter looks super creepy with those long fingers. Too cool!

I loved Hallowishes too!

Great pictures of the parade. I especially like the one of Pluto!

I wish we would have had time to meet more of the villians. We only made it to one show and it was jam packed.

Thank you!

I'm sorry :( I think we were really lucky that night. I saw on our second night how crazy it could get.

Man, y'all certainly have gotten a lot accomplished at the party so far! Pretty impressive that you were able to meet 3 villains after the show too. :thumbsup2 That was one of the things on my list that we just didn't end up having time to do, but we still had a great party. Lucky you that you still had another one to look forward to!

Your Ursula shirt was perfect for the party too. Great choice!

I'm sorry it's not something you got to do :( Time really does go by super fast during the party! And thank you, there's another villain shirt to come during the second party :)

I know, isn't Hallowishes amazing???? Especially for those who've never seen the perimeter fireworks before. So cool. And you got photos with the fireworks going off!!!!! Super cool!!! :cool2:

Boo To You is easily my favourite parade ever, Disney or otherwise. So good!

I loved meeting Maleficent too. I never got to meet Dr. Facilier though, but he has to be one of the neatest characters to meet. He's HUGE!!

SO amazing! And I agree, Boo To You is probably my favorite parade too!

Dr. Facilier was so huge and his hands were super creepy!

Another great update - sounds like a really fun party for you!

I love how even the way he positions his feet makes him look more evil :thumbsup2

Thank you! Yes, everything about Dr. Facilier is evil ::yes::

I love all your pictures!

I NEED to see that parade. Everyone always talks about how awesome it is. 2014 or 2015 it is happening, I'm determined haha!

Malificient looks great! I'm glad the meet was awesome!

Faciliter looks super creepy with those long fingers. Too cool!

Thank you! I really hope you get to go one year, it's such a fun experience!

Great pics! :goodvibes

Thanks! :)

Day 3 - Epcot

Despite our long night prior, we were still up bright and early today to head to Epcot! We got to the park around 8:30 and waited in line until the turnstiles opened around 8:55.

388 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We headed straight to The Land to ride Soarin standby.

389 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I'm such a fan of this ride and I knew Mom & Dad would love it too. And did they? Yes they did! When we got off we grabbed FP to ride again later and headed over to the other side of the park to grab Test Track FPs. Along the way we spotted Chip & Dale out! The line wasn't too long but I was focused on getting those FPs as I noticed the return times were getting pretty far out. Mom & Dad wanted to meet Chip & Dale and since I already met them on my last trip, I told them to get in line while I went ahead and got the FPs.

358 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We met back up and rode Mission Space (Green side). This ride is fun but it's definitely a "can miss" for me. once we got off we checked out the Festival Center for a few minutes. I bought one of the F&W pins and also fell in love this guy:

365 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then headed back to the front of the park to grab some PP photos since I rushed us straight to the land when we got into the park :p

wdw201328011205879_6858477501 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011205938_6858477589 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011207653_6858477604 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were going to ride Spaceship Earth but the line was wayyy too long. Instead we spotted Pluto meeting so we got in line to meet him! We waited about 15-20 minutes before we got to meet the lovable pup :) I actually didn't meet him on my last trip so I was excited!

wdw201328011216364_6858477513 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After meeting Pluto we decided to go on the Nemo ride and check out the Seas pavillion. I really love all the tanks they have and next time I go to Disney I vow to spend some more time checking them out!

2013-10-07 11.29.10 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

2013-10-07 11.29.15 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

2013-10-07 11.30.42 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were starting to get hungry so we decided to head over to WS to start checking out some of the booths. I'm just going to say it now, I was a terrible DISer and didn't take ANY food pictures :(

We started out by going to the right! Mom & Dad decided to try one of the beer flights at the Craft Beers stand. While they grabbed a table, I went ahead and got 2 of the pork sliders at Hawaii and the Fried Shrimp & Fried Pineapple Fritters at Refreshment Port. I brought everything back so we could share. WOW I loved the pork sliders...I'm still dreaming about them! The fried shrimp was also delicious, very fresh and they gave you a TON of food. The pineapple fritters were a nice way to end our first of many snacks of the day! Once we finished I figured it would be a good time to meet Duffy since the line didn't seem to long. Well we waited and the skies got darker...and darker...

410 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were I think 2 families back when the skies started to open up. They brought Duffy inside for his break, but said he wouldn't be back until the rain died down. We ran over to the shop across from his meet and waited in there for a little while. The rain was not letting up at all and I really didn't want it to stop us from doing anything. Of course we packed some cheap ponchos but did we remember to bring them with us that day? NO! So we bit the bullet and bought 3 lovely Disney ponchos :thumbsup2 We put them on and decided to trek over to the Land. I also thought today would be a good day to wear flip flops. I bought a pair of Nikes that seemed really comfortable for Disney walking. BAD.IDEA. I basically had to walk like a Grandma the entire way and to prevent them from falling off I started walking really funny. This ended up causing some SERIOUS foot pain that took a few days to recover from :-/ We made it to Mousegears, where I decided we should head into so I could rest my feet for a second and just get out of the rain. We walked in, soaking wet in our ponchos, when a woman asked us "Oh, is it still raining?". Um lady what do YOU think!? We were not amused :rolleyes2 We looked around for a little before deciding to trek back out there. We stopped in Club Cool to try some sodas from around the world! I didn't warn my parents about Beverly and while I was distracted by something Mom went right ahead and poured herself some and tried it before I even got to take a picture of it! Obviously she did not like it :lmao: After quenching our thirst we finally made it to the Land. We still had some time before our Soarin FP so we went on Living With The Land, which is a totally underrated ride! It was nice to sit down and just enjoy the relaxing ride :) After that it was time to use our Soarin FPs!! I have to say, the 2nd ride was even better than the first! For some reason during our first ride I didn't get all the smells (which is one of my favorite parts) and this time I totally did!

When we got off Soarin the rain had stopped (Yippie!!) and we headed over to Innoventions to check out the Visa M&G. There were a few families ahead of us but it didn't take too long to get in. Who did we get to meet? Minnie & Pluto!!

wdw201328011281256_6858477598 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011281258_6858477600 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

More Epcot to come!

Sounds like a really nice morning at Epcot minus the rain. I'm so jealous that you got to meet Pluto twice! I really need to get a photo with him at his new Epcot spot because I love the mural in the background.

All your talk about the Food & Wine festival is making my mouth water! I want a plate of the Beef Short Ribs from France right now!

I've done the Visa meet twice now, first time we just got Mickey and this last trip it was Goofy and Mickey.

looks like the Halloween party was a lot of fun! my DD loved the pictures of all the villians--especially maleficent! I don't know why she likes her so much, but she does. :confused3

you did a lot so far at epcot! can't wait to read more!

Sounds like an awesome morning! Minus getting rained on : (

I love Soarin too, its just perfect!

I love that your parents love to meet characters! Mine humor me but that's about it :rotfl:

That duffy is so cute! I might end up taking Santa Duffy home next month...

I love the Seas too. Its especially awesome when the dolphins are feeling playful!

Aw that sucks about the rain! I know exactly what you mean about the rain causing you to walk funning in your flip flops and that causing you pain in the future! That has happened to me many times before. I hope it didn't affect the rest of your trip too much. I'm loving your meet and greet photos!

Ahh Soarin'. My father STILL talks about this and he's only ridden it once... 4 years ago.

I absolutely LOVE that your folks wanted to meet Chip and Dale and sent YOU to get FP's. Usually it's the other way around. So cool!

Yes I totally sympathize with your flip flop dilemma. Not easy to walk in when it's raining.

I often wonder how many people have ridden Soarin' without even knowing about the smells. Back in the day it was guaranteed, but now it's pretty hit and miss.

What a great start to your Epcot adventure!

I was a big fan of the slider too and the fritters! I wish now that I had tried the shrimp!

Drat now I am hungry.

Sounds like a really nice morning at Epcot minus the rain. I'm so jealous that you got to meet Pluto twice! I really need to get a photo with him at his new Epcot spot because I love the mural in the background.

All your talk about the Food & Wine festival is making my mouth water! I want a plate of the Beef Short Ribs from France right now!

I've done the Visa meet twice now, first time we just got Mickey and this last trip it was Goofy and Mickey.

Pluto's new spot is really nice! We were lucky to get to meet him twice! It's funny how you really never know who you will get at the Visa meet. The first time I did it I got Minnie & Goofy.

Talking/Reading about the F&W festival makes my mouth water too! I can only dream of the day I get to go back, and I'm sure you do the same!

looks like the Halloween party was a lot of fun! my DD loved the pictures of all the villians--especially maleficent! I don't know why she likes her so much, but she does. :confused3

you did a lot so far at epcot! can't wait to read more!

Your daughter is a girl after my own heart, I love Maleficent :)

Sounds like an awesome morning! Minus getting rained on : (

I love Soarin too, its just perfect!

I love that your parents love to meet characters! Mine humor me but that's about it :rotfl:

That duffy is so cute! I might end up taking Santa Duffy home next month...

I love the Seas too. Its especially awesome when the dolphins are feeling playful!

My mom definitely loves the characters almost as much as me! My dad likes some of them, but others he definitely just does for us :)

My one regret is not getting a Duffy! They had the cutest pumpkin one that I really wish I got! So I say you should definitely bring home Santa Duffy :)

Aw that sucks about the rain! I know exactly what you mean about the rain causing you to walk funning in your flip flops and that causing you pain in the future! That has happened to me many times before. I hope it didn't affect the rest of your trip too much. I'm loving your meet and greet photos!

I definitely regretted even bothering with flip flops, I definitely have learned my lesson for next time. And thank you :)

Ahh Soarin'. My father STILL talks about this and he's only ridden it once... 4 years ago.

I absolutely LOVE that your folks wanted to meet Chip and Dale and sent YOU to get FP's. Usually it's the other way around. So cool!

Yes I totally sympathize with your flip flop dilemma. Not easy to walk in when it's raining.

I often wonder how many people have ridden Soarin' without even knowing about the smells. Back in the day it was guaranteed, but now it's pretty hit and miss.

Soarin' definitely leaves an impact! I didn't realize the smells were so hit or miss...it's such an important part of the ride in my opinion!

HAHA yes the roles were definitely reversed in that situation!

What a great start to your Epcot adventure!

I was a big fan of the slider too and the fritters! I wish now that I had tried the shrimp!

Drat now I am hungry.

Thank you! Yes, F&W talk always leads to hunger :rotfl:

That sucks about the rain! I don't mind a little rain in Disney World, but downpours can certainly put a damper on the day, no pun intended. I hope you were able to go back another time and see Duffy!

Epcot can be good and bad in the rain. It is such a long walk in the rain to get from building to building, but at least once you are inside of one, there are usually a few things you can do inside to kill some time and wait out the rain.

Cute pics from your Visa meet! That was another thing we didn't have time for this year. For some reason we always have Goofy! :rotfl: Minnie & Pluto is a good combo.

That sucks about the rain! I don't mind a little rain in Disney World, but downpours can certainly put a damper on the day, no pun intended. I hope you were able to go back another time and see Duffy!

Epcot can be good and bad in the rain. It is such a long walk in the rain to get from building to building, but at least once you are inside of one, there are usually a few things you can do inside to kill some time and wait out the rain.

Cute pics from your Visa meet! That was another thing we didn't have time for this year. For some reason we always have Goofy! :rotfl: Minnie & Pluto is a good combo.

I agree with you about Epcot!

Thank you! HAHA I got Goofy last time! I was pleased meeting Minnie & Pluto :)

Day 3 - Epcot Continued

For some reason my notes are not very good from this point on, so I'm trying to piece everything together. I will blame it on the pain my feet were in haha. I THINK we rode Spaceship Earth now, since there was no line this time. We still had some time before out Test Track FP so Dad suggested we do the Orange Side of Mission Space. Another not so good idea of the day. Both Mom & Dad did not feel so well afterwards (more so Mom :-/). I felt fine, but like I said, I can do without going on this ride. We then used our Test Track FPs!

wdw201328011307749_6858940271 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were pretty much done with what we wanted to do in Future World and food was definitely a necessity so we decided to head back to WS. This time we went to the left. We all decided to try different things. Mom got the Scallops from Brazil, I got the Garlic Shrimp from Australia, and Dad got the Lamb Chop from Australia. We all enjoyed what we got and it was definitely good to get some food in our tummies! I was still hungry so Mom & I also split a Beef Empanada from Argentina which I thought was super yummy!

We decided to try our luck again with Duffy so Dad & I got in line. Mom sat this one out as she still wasn't fully recovered from Mission Space. We didn't wait too long and we finally met Duffy! He was so sweet and cuddly :)

417 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011325277_6858477702 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011325276_6858477701 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After saying goodbye to Duffy we were finally ready to tour World Showcase! We started from Canada and the goal was to walk all the way around and try anything that interested us along the way! It didn't take too long to make our first stop as I was DYING to try the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Candada.

578 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

This did NOT dissapoint! It had a little kick to it which was nice, and I only wished it was a little bigger! At the same time, Mom decided to try the Warm Chocolate Custard from Ireland. I took a bite and it wasn't bad!

We continued our walk over to the UK...and the skies opened up again :sad2: We ran over to the Toy Solider shop and took cover there. The rain was coming down pretty hard and we actually wasted a lot of time in there waiting for it to stop. Alice was actually meeting inside the shop and since there was really no one waiting I decided to pass the time and meet her!

437 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Now one of my goals was also to meet Mary Poppins. They said if the rain kept up she'd also be meeting in here. It was almost time for her set, so we, as well as a few others, formed a line to wait for her. Well the time came and she didn't appear. The rain also seemed to have let up. Finally after a few minutes someone told us "Oh Mary is meeting outside now". :eek: So we all bolted outside, where lo and be hold, there was Mary! Luckily there weren't that many people in line, but it was still frustrating that noone told us, especially after they saw us forming the line for her. But nonetheless, we met Mary and she was wonderful! She noticed my birthday pin and asked if I was going to be eating any sweets and I replied "Well maybe a little rum punch". She liked that and called me precocious ;)

450 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We continued on through WS, hoping rain wouldn't stop us again. We reached France where I just had to get a Grand Marnier Slush :)

wdw201328011344443_6858477717 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

596 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We kept walking and found an available table near the Belgium stand, which was perfect because we also wanted to try a waffle! Mom & I sat while Dad got on line. As we were sitting there, I see Dad flagging me down. I run over and ask him, what's the matter?! Turns out, he didn't know if he should get the chocolate waffle or the fruit waffle :rotfl2: We decided it might be best to just get both ;) Turned out to be a good choice! I preferred the chocolate over the fruit, but both were tasty!

We rested for a few minutes and this is where we decided we probably wouldn't stay for Illuminations. We were all tired and my feet were not holding up well. I think mom was a little dissapointed but I told her it would be best if we went back and used the time to rest, as we had several late nights coming up that we definitely wouldn't be backing out of. In the end, she agreed we made the right decision this night.

However, we still had the rest of WS to walk through! We got to Morocco and walked around a little. I noticed Jasmine & Aladdin were greeting in there little area. I wasn't going to stop, but the line was not very long and Mom & Dad didn't seem to mind, so we went in!

wdw201328011360051_6855786640 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We kept walking and made it through the halfway point of WS. The Eat to the Beat concert was going on (Sugar Ray) so we were able to hear that while I stopped to get us some Lobster Rolls. I love Lobster Rolls and this one definitely hit the spot! It's a little small, but it's packed with nothing but Lobster meat so it was totally worth it. If they weren't so pricy I definitely would have had another! I also wish I tried the Lobster Tail but oh well!

We continued our walk and night started to fall. Unfortunately we ended up rushing through the last few pavillions. Snow White was out in Germany but her line was unfortunately already closed. I also wanted to try the Apple Strudel but the line was longer than I wanted to wait in so we skipped it. We did stop for some pictures along the way, but decided to skip riding Maelstrom and the Grand Fiesta Tour.

667 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

491 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011364901_6858477697 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011366424_6858477713 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After finishing WS, we walked back to Future World and made a stop back at the Festival Center. Dad had seen a shirt he liked earlier. Unfortunately they didn't even have his size :( We stopped at the Photo Center to pick up our free Visa 5x7 (which took forever it seemed) before heading out of the park!

wdw201328111371660_6858477710 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328111376793_6858477704 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

It was a successful day though I wish we had another day to spend in Epcot. The rain definitely wasted more of our time than we realized. But on the bright side, we tried most of the foods we wanted to and none of it disappointed us! I also enjoyed getting the passport stamped at all the places we stopped. I will say that Mom & Dad fell in love with F&W and this definitely started the talks of a "next time" trip ;)

List of Firsts for the day:
-Rode Mission Space (Orange Side)
-Met Duffy
-Met Mary Poppins
-Attended Food & Wine

Up Next: The Dark Side! (Universal/IoA)

Ahh your poor Mom on MS. We don't do the Orange side anymore, I can handle it but rarely can anyone else. My Mom freaked out over the green side, she'll never be going near that ride again.

Duffy is so cute in his pumpkin costume! I can't wait to see him in his Christmas gear.

I have never tried that cheadder cheese soup either but I'm dying too. Hopefully someday I'll make it to F&W and try it then!

Haha funny story about the waffles, but I agree two is better than one! They both sound delicious but I think I'd like the fruit better too!

I love all the pictures you guys stopped for on your way out!

With my motion sickness issues, Mission Space Orange is a definite no do for me. I have ridden the green side but it's kind of boring. The only reason I ever ride it now is because I love Gary Sinise!

I so wanted to try that Lamb Chop in Australia but since we started on the Canada side, I ended up not getting one. The Beef Empanada though was my husbands favorite dish.

I totally understand skipping some of the stuff in the last couple of countries. I always end up neglecting Mexico and Canada depending on which side I start. It just takes a long time to get around all those countries!

I wish Alice was meeting in that store the one night we were there because it rained for a bit. We did end up meeting Pooh and Rabbit in Christopher Robbins room though.

darn rain....but it sounds like a good end of the day still. I might have to check out mission space after all. last time we rode it was several years ago, before the green and orange sides. it never bothered me. is it a lot different now?

i'd like to come to F&W when our kids our bigger. I think my DH would really love it. sounds like you found lots of yummy snacks!

Bahaha, great TT photo for buddy in front of you. :lmao:

Awww, Duffy is adorable in his Halloween outfit. I haven't met up with him for a few years, so maybe I will in his Xmas outfit.

Oy, stupid Epcot and rain.

Mmmmmmmm GM Slushie. Goooooood.

Awwwwwwwwwww, how cute is that photo of you all in China. You're the centre of attention for sure.

I'm glad the rain let up some time so you could walk around WS and sample from F&W. And that you got to meet Duffy! I think he is just so cute in his pumpkin outfit. :goodvibes

The pic with your parents in China is just adorable. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!