Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR! (Updated 5/27/14)

Marie is one I've never met, I need to try and get her sometime. Jim wanted to meet Tinkerbell but her line was always too long when we passed by it.

Great PP pictures! I've never gotten the balloon one. Tinkerbell on that last one is awfully small though. :rotfl: And I love your sort of matching shirts for the day. They coordinate very well together. ::yes::

Yay for the welcome show!! There is just no better way to start a day, in my opinion. :thumbsup2

Cute magic shots! I love the one of you and your mom with the balloons. So sweet! :goodvibes

Yeah, I think even if you aren't a Harry Potter fan or know anything about, the area is just so well done and the ride is just so unique. Plus... BUTTERBEER!!!

It's so nice that the whole fam gets in on all the photos. I love that! :goodvibes

I love the Magic Shots! I should go add the photo pass plus to our vacation right now! I agree with your mom about the balloon picture. It's great! I'll have to remember to ask for that!

I met that same mayor 7 years ago! I guess they tend to stick around! Very nice!

The magic shots are so fun! I noticed a lot of PP photographers don't offer you the shots unless you ask, so we always asked! :) Haha thats awesome that the mayor has been the same for so long!

Looks like a good start! We rarely see the welcome show--if we are there to see it, we're always surprised!

Glad to hear the line for tink wasn't horrible first thing in the morning. That's when we're stopping by to see her.

Loved all the magic shots. I hope we get some too.

I loved the morning show and was so glad we got to see it twice! Yes I definitely thinking going to see Tink first thing is a good plan! Definitely make sure you ask for the magic shots, because some photographers didn't mention it, even though they knew how to do them.

Marie is one I've never met, I need to try and get her sometime. Jim wanted to meet Tinkerbell but her line was always too long when we passed by it.

Great PP pictures! I've never gotten the balloon one. Tinkerbell on that last one is awfully small though. :rotfl: And I love your sort of matching shirts for the day. They coordinate very well together. ::yes::

It amazes me how long Tinkerbell's line always is. But I guess it's not so bad since you are meeting 2 characters.

Thank you! The balloon one was fun! You are right though, Tink is SO small! Thank you for noticing our coordinating shirts, that was definitely the plan that day :thumbsup2

Yay for the welcome show!! There is just no better way to start a day, in my opinion. :thumbsup2

Cute magic shots! I love the one of you and your mom with the balloons. So sweet! :goodvibes

I totally agree! And thank you :cutie:

Yeah, I think even if you aren't a Harry Potter fan or know anything about, the area is just so well done and the ride is just so unique. Plus... BUTTERBEER!!!

It's so nice that the whole fam gets in on all the photos. I love that! :goodvibes

I agree and how can you NOT like butterbeer!!

Thank you, we are quite the photo-taking family ;)

Great update! :)

Thank you! :)

Fun magic shots! It was nice of Terrance to let you know who would be back later. Still wish they would post outside or something who the meet is with rather than having to play Character Roulette

Fun magic shots! It was nice of Terrance to let you know who would be back later. Still wish they would post outside or something who the meet is with rather than having to play Character Roulette

Thank you! It definitely was nice of him; I agree a sign would be beneficial!

Day 5 - Back at MK Continued

After our little photoshoot, we grabbed FP for Space Mountain & Buzz, and then rode Buzz standby. I don't remember our scores, but they weren't anything special haha

wdw201328211649658_6858934545 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After that we rode the Carousel of Progress, People Mover and Space Mountain with our FP!

1068 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1069 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

666 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

669 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

672 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211664577_6858935437 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After SM, we sat for a bit and I got to get one of my favorite Disney snacks...a cream cheese pretzel! :) Once I was finished it was time to use our Buzz FP!

wdw201328211677722_6858932924 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were done in Tomorrowland so we headed back to the Hub/Main Street to just walk around and explore since we didn't do much of that our first day. I'm pretty sure DAWM was going on too ;)

We took some pictures by the statues before heading up to Main Street.

677 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

679 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

681 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

While walking up Main Street, some of the Town people were out and the Mayor was one of them! So Dad got his wish and we got a pic with him!

1093 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We picked up some FPs to meet Mickey, continued to walk around, and also spent some time in the Emporium.

700 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

706 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We also went up to the Train Station and admired the view :) I loved being up here and watching everything go on below us.

1109 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

It was around 1pm and We were getting hungry so we decided to get some Hot Dogs from Casey's. Mom grabbed us a table inside while Dad & I got the food. This took FOREVER. The family in front of us had no clue what they wanted and had no clue how their DDP worked :-/. Then after we ordered it took forever for our food to come. Nonetheless we eventually got our food and we all enjoyed it!

We then headed over to Adventureland. We noticed the line for dole whips was non existant, and a co-worker of Dad's told him he HAD to try one, so we bought one to split. I only had a few bites but wow, now I know why people rave about them! Delicious!

2013-10-09 13.25.30 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We grabbed FPs for Splash & BTMRR, but still had time to do something before our Mickey FPs were up. We headed over to Country Bear Jamboree and lucky us, the next show was starting in 1 minute! My parents told me I definitely saw this when I was younger but I have no recollection of it. I was actually pretty excited to see it. What did I think? I.LOVED.IT. :lmao: I thought it was funny & cute, and it will definitely be a must do on my next trip!

2013-10-09 13.53.37 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

733 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

734 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Man your post reminded me of all the things that will be closed when we are there in February, Splash Mountain, People Mover and Casey's. :( My Brother is devistated over the People Mover!

Yeah for your Dad getting to meet the mayor.

So glad you liked Country Bears, it's one of my favorites! Big Al, the one that sings blood on the saddle, has always been one of my favorite Disney characters, right up there with Pluto.

Wow you guys were getting lots done on your MK day!

My last two trips I've really enjoyed just walking around on Main street, I never spent time doing that before, its great :thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked the Country Bears, I haven't stopped into see them since they got refurbed, I should probably give them another shot in Feb!

I so love the Peoplemover. So much relaxation.

Nice SM photo! Clearly you were the only one aware of the camera.

I love Mayor Weaver! He even gave me his card this past trip.

You know it's surprising how few people go up to the train station. It's such a great place for photos.

YAY another Country Bear convert. I am obsessed with Big Al!!

looks like such a fun day! how much do I love magic kingdom?!? you know, I have NEVER done bear country jamboree. I don't know why, but I've never gone in. might have to add it to the list.....

I love your mom's shirt--so cute! and I like how you all go together, but aren't matchy matchy. I have matching shirts ready for our trip and I may have pushed it a little with my DH, but he'll live, right? :rotfl2:

oh, your dole whip is making me hungry! only 18 more days....

Great Main Street photos! I love the ones from the train station. That is a great spot to just take it all in and people watch! Love that y'all got to meet the Mayor and take a photo with him too. He is adorable!

Dole Whips are well worth the hype! I don't think I would ever stand in a super long line to get one, but when there is only a short wait, it's like a sign from God himself to go get you one! :rotfl:

Oh, Alexis, I'm afraid we can't be DIS friends anymore now that you have professed your love for the Country Bears. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I really do not like that show at all, and I have tried to find the good in it, I swear. :rotfl: Just kidding, of course, everyone has the things they like and dislike in Disney World, and that is what makes it such a wonderful place

Yay! Carousel of Progress pictures, and a Dole Whip! My family hasn't done Country Bear Jamboree in at least 10 years; maybe we'll try it out next time.

Man your post reminded me of all the things that will be closed when we are there in February, Splash Mountain, People Mover and Casey's. :( My Brother is devistated over the People Mover!

Yeah for your Dad getting to meet the mayor.

So glad you liked Country Bears, it's one of my favorites! Big Al, the one that sings blood on the saddle, has always been one of my favorite Disney characters, right up there with Pluto.

Oh no, that really is a bummer that all of those things will be closed :( I loved Big Al, and glad to see you're a fan of the bears! :thumbsup2

Wow you guys were getting lots done on your MK day!

My last two trips I've really enjoyed just walking around on Main street, I never spent time doing that before, its great :thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked the Country Bears, I haven't stopped into see them since they got refurbed, I should probably give them another shot in Feb!

It really was so nice to not rush around and just soak everything up! I hope you do check out the Country Bears on your next trip!

I so love the Peoplemover. So much relaxation.

Nice SM photo! Clearly you were the only one aware of the camera.

I love Mayor Weaver! He even gave me his card this past trip.

You know it's surprising how few people go up to the train station. It's such a great place for photos.

YAY another Country Bear convert. I am obsessed with Big Al!!

Big thumbs up for the Peoplemover! I'm glad you like the SM photo haha if only I was looking in the right direction! I loved Big Al!!! :cool2:

looks like such a fun day! how much do I love magic kingdom?!? you know, I have NEVER done bear country jamboree. I don't know why, but I've never gone in. might have to add it to the list.....

I love your mom's shirt--so cute! and I like how you all go together, but aren't matchy matchy. I have matching shirts ready for our trip and I may have pushed it a little with my DH, but he'll live, right? :rotfl2:

oh, your dole whip is making me hungry! only 18 more days....

Now that I've done it (well done it and remember doing it), I say everyone should see the Country Bears at least once!

Yes we decided we had to have one day where we all coordinated! DH will definitely live, it's just a part of the Disney way! ;)

You will be there SO soon!

Great Main Street photos! I love the ones from the train station. That is a great spot to just take it all in and people watch! Love that y'all got to meet the Mayor and take a photo with him too. He is adorable!

Dole Whips are well worth the hype! I don't think I would ever stand in a super long line to get one, but when there is only a short wait, it's like a sign from God himself to go get you one! :rotfl:

Oh, Alexis, I'm afraid we can't be DIS friends anymore now that you have professed your love for the Country Bears. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I really do not like that show at all, and I have tried to find the good in it, I swear. :rotfl: Just kidding, of course, everyone has the things they like and dislike in Disney World, and that is what makes it such a wonderful place

Thank you!

I agree! I'm glad there was no line, it meant we were destined to try it!

Oh no!! :rotfl2: Well I am glad you can look past my ways and still be my DIS friend! :thumbsup2 I agree though, that is what makes it such a wonderful place!

Yay! Carousel of Progress pictures, and a Dole Whip! My family hasn't done Country Bear Jamboree in at least 10 years; maybe we'll try it out next time.

Oh wow, you are definitely due for a visit to them then! ;)

Day 5 - More fun at MK!

After Country Bear Jamboree, we headed back to Main Street to meet the Big Cheese!

We stopped for another photo.

wdw201328211723681_6860244927 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And before heading into TST, we spotted a Practically Perfect friend out, who was all my herself with noone waiting to meet her! We could not say no to that, so we met our friend Mary for the second time this trip!

744 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Then one of my favorite moments of the trip happened. I asked Mary if she would take a picture with me on my phone to which she responded, "Is this what they call a Selfie?" LOL I told her indeed it was! She said she's heard a lot about those lately. She was SO adorable and super pretty as well!

2013-10-09 14.22.29 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Then it was really time to meet Mickey! We headed right in and got lots of love from the Boss.

wdw201328211742278_6858477889 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211742643_6858936534 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

And this is a nice little gem the handler took on my Mom's camera. When my parents jumped in for the photo, my dad wasn't quite ready and Mickey had the cutest reaction!

748 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We did manage to get a nice one too ;)

wdw201328211742641_6858477553 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We said goodbye to Mr. Mouse and headed BACK towards Adventureland. We stopped and grabbed FP for Jungle Cruise before heading to BTMRR to use our FPs! When we got off, the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade was going on. So we stopped at watched the end of it as it passed through Frontierland.

1157 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1163 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We still had some time before our Splash FPs so we decided to check out the Tiki Room. Another attraction that I've been told I've seen but have no recollection of it! I thought it was cute, definitely a good attraction when you're in need of a break! When we got out we headed over to Splash to use our FPs there. Now here comes our favorite ride picture of the trip! During the ride, Dad told me he wanted to put his hands up in the air for the drop, because he's never done that. He kept asking if I was going to do it with him and I said I would see. Well the drop came, and I chickened out half way through (I'm a wimp haha) but Dad did it and the picture came out perfect!! The look on his face melts my heart and definitely epitomizes the fun we had! He was so proud of himself and he is still talking about how this is his favorite picture :rotfl:

wdw201328211779563_6858938297 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then headed to Jungle Cruise to use our FPs. Our skipper was fun and it was a good ride!

1177 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1180 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

1188 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I think it was about 4:45pm now and I wanted to check out the line for Tiana & Naveen's 5pm meet. Turns out the line was already closed! I knew I'd have to come back around 5:30 if I wanted to make it in for the 6pm meet. Since we still had about 45 minutes, we decided to head to Fantasyland to see Philharmagic, since we hadn't done that yet. Another attraction I love! When that was finished, we walked through the castle and the MISICI party was going on! We stopped and watched for a few minutes before heading over to get in line for Tiana/Naveen.

750 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

761 - Copy by missangelalexis, on Flickr

753 - Copy by missangelalexis, on Flickr

There were I think 4-5 groups ahead of us. Time dragegd kind of slowly waiting for this one, but it was totally worth it. Tiana & Naveen were awesome! They were so interactive and really took their time talking to you. Naveen said I looked very familiar but I told him that's impossible because I've never met him before! Tiana asked if I'd ever been to the Bayou before. I said I hadn't, but maybe one day I would so I could go to her restaurant. Mom mentioned to them that they were her favorite couple and they loved that.

763 - Copy by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211824100_6858477562 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211824163_6858477550 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

770 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328211824162_6858477564 by missangelalexis, on Flickr​

Too funny that Mary knew what a selfie was. :rotfl2:

Cute pictures with Mickey. I'm excited to meet him in February now that he talks to you!

Awwww, the Splash Mountain picture is really cute. I loved that you Dad was proud of himself!

It amazes me how quickly they cut off the lines for the face character meet and greets. When we met Aladdin and Jasmine, they cut of the line before the greet even started. I swear they only let about 10 families in too.

OMG I love those unexpected random character encounters (especially with no lines). I also just love listening to Mary talk. And BAHAHAHA, "Is this what they call a Selfie?"... I would have died.

With so many characters to meet, there is still something extra special about meeting Mickey. Maybe it's the whole "It was all started by a mouse" thing. :scratchin

Aww Alexis, I just LOVE that story with your dad on Splash. Just precious.

Haha I love that Mary knew what a selfie was! I actually think you too look a lot of like in that selfie picture!

I love the Splash mountain picture, I agree its great! I always chicken out putting my arms up for that one!

I totally meant to meet Tiana and Naveen my last trip and I never got the chance. It WILL happen in Feb :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter