DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

the advertised time for EMM is 7:30-8:45.

Yes we ate 2nd breakfast at 915 and had no issues.

Is breakfast served until 10:00? I looked back at my booking confirmation and all it really gives is the 7am time.

Can anyone who has been comment on the crowd for the event? I have only seeing just a couple video reviews of the event but it seems like with the crowd level at those it was pretty light and they could ride each ride multiple times before park opening

Has anyone tried to rope drop another attraction outside of Toy Story Land before eating breakfast? We will be there next Mon, and this is our current plan! Would love to hear how that's gone for anyone else. We're planning to do RNRC.

It sounds like people are getting everything done at Hollywood Studios pretty early in the day after attending this event. Has anyone who's done EMM managed to stay a full day at the park? Or do you all just hop to another park?

It sounds like people are getting everything done at Hollywood Studios pretty early in the day after attending this event. Has anyone who's done EMM managed to stay a full day at the park? Or do you all just hop to another park?
Great question! I wasn't thinking another park, but an afternoon visit to Ample Hills since we aren't staying at the Boardwalk or Beach Club this time.

I can’t imagine getting everything done in enough time to hop to another park. We have plans that take us through 4 PM or so.

Haven’t been yet, but I imagine it depends on what you consider “everything”at HS. Some people want to do all the shows, others just want to ride the few remaining rides, etc. Some families with younger kids don’t do most of the other rides there.

We’re in the middle, there are probably ~2 shows we want to do plus at least some of us will be doing the other rides. My thinking if we do EMM (March visit, so too soon to book) is we should be able to get everything else done by early afternoon. Then we’ll maybe head back for naps/pool time, and probably do some park that evening—the question is whether we’d hop elsewhere or return to HS for Fantasmic (if that’s the plan then I’m going to try to snag evening FP for SDD, we’d like to ride it at night once too. So far I’m struggling to figure out our optimal schedule for late evenings and early mornings!)

What do you consider "everything"?
If that's all the shows and rides, along with grabbing something to eat, I wouldn't finish in what I consider "early in the day".
Besides that, the last event in the park is fireworks and/or Fantasmic! at night so you'd have to be there till then to do everything.
We don't spend full days at parks, even if we return at night, we take a break and leave for some time.

Our plan is always to split HS into 2 days, so we plan on leaving at some point and hopping to AK if we can book this for March. We have an evening planned to see Fantasmic! and have dinner on another day.

By "everything" I was thinking all the rides and at least a few of the shows. So, not really everything. Sorry!

I just signed up for Touring Plans and plugged in what we're hoping to get done that day. It has us busy up until 2. I've got us scheduled for a meal at Sci-Fi at 3. So it looks like we'll be able to fill up much of the day. I do want to see Toy Story Land and maybe ride SDD again at night. At that time of year (January), it should be getting dark early so we won't have too much time to kill. Plus, I'm all for riding ToT multiple times if that's an option!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to rope drop another attraction outside of Toy Story Land before eating breakfast? We will be there next Mon, and this is our current plan! Would love to hear how that's gone for anyone else. We're planning to do RNRC.

The folks who did the AP event reported being able to easily walk on other non TSL rides after RD. That's our plan too - we don't want to be at breakfast before 9:40 to maximize that time. I know based on reviews from the MK on that people sometimes don't come back for breakfast until 9:55 even and it's not an issue.

Does anyone have any info on how Jedi Training Academy signup goes with this? I would guess you could get over there ahead of rope drop people even if you wanted to... but I would also guess that it's not necessary to do that even to get a morning time nowadays. Has anyone done this?

Has anyone noticed if theres a way we can make a request for food?? I'm not a fan of chives, and my son will not eat maple glazed chicken tenders... just wondering if we can ask when we get there or if we need to make the request in our dining reservation??

Does anyone have any info on how Jedi Training Academy signup goes with this? I would guess you could get over there ahead of rope drop people even if you wanted to... but I would also guess that it's not necessary to do that even to get a morning time nowadays. Has anyone done this?
As long as you aren't looking for a specific time slot there is no reason to hurry to JTA anymore. We've been to HS several days since TSL opened and there have been openings left for JTA as late as 4:30
Obviously the earlier you go the more slots you'll have to select from so I'd base what time I go over there on how particular I need to be on the time

Has anyone noticed if theres a way we can make a request for food?? I'm not a fan of chives, and my son will not eat maple glazed chicken tenders... just wondering if we can ask when we get there or if we need to make the request in our dining reservation??
The request section when you book a dining reservation area is for allergy information. Pallete requests (as in what you like and or don't like) need to be done at the restaurant.

I attended the event with my two grown daughters on Monday, Sept. 24th. This was the highlight of our week long trip! We arrived at exactly 7:30 and checked in at the front entrance to receive our bands. Upon arriving at Toy Story Land, there was a meet and greet and photo opportunity with Buzz Lightyear! We waited about two minutes before it was our turn and we were on our way! There was a longer line to meet Woody and Jesse but we only waited about 10 minutes. Then it was off to Slinky Dog Dash! It was a walk on without any wait what so ever. We rode three times in a row! My daughters rode the Alien Saucers and then we proceeded to Toy Story Mania. No wait again for either of these rides. My daughters wanted to ride SDD a couple more times before we walked over to the breakfast area. If I had to guess, I would say the limit of guests was less than 300 people if that many! We did everything we wanted to do and walked over to the ABC Commissary Quick Service Restaurant around 8:50. We were greeted by friendly staff who explained that the entrees were all you care to eat. You could walk up to the counter and order more than one entree at a time. There was also a buffet of fruit, yogurt, bagels, jams, pastries, cold cereals, orange/apple juices, and coffee. The entrees were really great! My oldest daughter loved the Mexican Corn Chilquiles and egg bowl. I tried the fried chicken and french donut bowl with sweet potato barrels. The doughnut was pretty hard but maybe I just got a bad batch. It was still tasty. I also tried the guacamole toast plate. The toast was pretty crunchy but the guacamole was tasty. We did not try the shrimp and grits. We were done eating around 9:30. We walked over to TOT where we found a less than 10 minute wait. All in all I was pleased with event and I found the cost was well worth the money. I did not get there at 7:00 am as I had hoped for (we had a mixed up UBER driver) but I don't think arriving at 7:30 put us at any disadvantage whatsoever. SDD was already running at 7:30 and was completely full when we arrived so I can't say if it operated any earlier than that. I posted pictures of the breakfast. It was the best morning!

TS Land chicken bowl.jpg TS Land buffet.jpg

Hi! We just finished for the day. Like I said earlier we were a bit late to the event arriving at 7:20 bc it was impossible to get a Lyft from the poly! When we arrived we were given the choice to go to breakfast or straight into TS Land. We went straight to the land and rode Slinky Dog six times, virtual walk on despite a 15min posted wait. Walked onto TSM twice and did AlienSaucers once as the crowds were rolling in. The character lines were disappointingly long, but other than that it was a pleasure. We got off SDD for our last run at 8:50 and standby was already at 40 minutes from the huge mass of people coming in. We then went to meet Olaf and Mickey and rolled into the ABC Commissary at 9:30. The food was tasty albeit a little eccentric as far as breakfast, lol. They literally told us you can order as much as you want and somebody was being helped with allergies. My son got the chicken and donuts and neither had maple syrup and he ordered as is. I asked him later if they were sweet and he said they were “regular”. The kids donuts were delish lol! As far as Jedi Training, you could not access sign up on the way back to the event at 7:30 because there were cast members blocking everything off. However I didn’t have a reason to try so can’t be 100%. This event was great, we went back to TS land later in the day to try to get Woody and Buzz pics and the entire land was packed. Hope this info helps. I took some pics but can’t figure out how to post

By "everything" I was thinking all the rides and at least a few of the shows. So, not really everything. Sorry!

I just signed up for Touring Plans and plugged in what we're hoping to get done that day. It has us busy up until 2. I've got us scheduled for a meal at Sci-Fi at 3. So it looks like we'll be able to fill up much of the day. I do want to see Toy Story Land and maybe ride SDD again at night. At that time of year (January), it should be getting dark early so we won't have too much time to kill. Plus, I'm all for riding ToT multiple times if that's an option!
It will be dark in the morning at 730 as well in January.

Can i have the cliff note version of what the 7 7:30am time means? I have a 7am for October 22nd.

Can i have the cliff note version of what the 7 7:30am time means? I have a 7am for October 22nd.

It appears to mean nothing. Disney has 7 and 7:30 booking time slots for many dates, although from reports this AM (the first day such an arrangement has occured) everyone, regardless of actually ADR time, was let in just before 7am. The check-in language on the confirmation e-mails for both (saying to check-in starts at 7am) are identical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter