DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

For those of you who are worried about getting a minnie van. You can pre reserve mears online. This way the mears driver will be waiting for you at your resort at a pre determined time and you do not have to deal with the minnie van app and possibly not getting one. While the service and car seats are def better with minnie vans we found last trip they were hard to come by all the time. We are staying at the beach club this trip so it's a non issue for us we plan on walking over. But for those of you stressing how you will get to HS i would def pre reserve a mears van or taxi online. If i was at another resort this would be my plan of attack for getting there
on time.

Not sure if I'm looking in the right place but I'm seeing a flat rate of $100! That can't be right.

Not sure if I'm looking in the right place but I'm seeing a flat rate of $100! That can't be right.
Mears Car Service it probably is. Make sure you are looking at Mears Taxi service.
Though honestly, a taxi driver is as apt to not know where they are going as any Uber or Lyft driver is

Mears Car Service it probably is. Make sure you are looking at Mears Taxi service.
Though honestly, a taxi driver is as apt to not know where they are going as any Uber or Lyft driver is

I found the taxi service! So you think they aren’t a good option to use?

I found the taxi service! So you think they aren’t a good option to use?
No, didn't mean they aren't good. Simply that they are probably not "better" than Uber (if you need a car seat Lyft is not an option)
Did you say your DC is 6, or was that someone else? Have you considered a portable car seat, like a Bubble Bum? This would free you up to use Lyft too

Hiya, DD & I are booked for 1/30! 2 quick things.

All the breakfast food looks delish to me... but DD is a vegetarian and I'm a little worried. She eats some dairy; cheese, no yogurt, no eggs & isn't a fan of egg substitute. Is there going to be anything she'll be able to eat? DO you think they'll let us cobble together tater tots, donuts, & avocado toast as an entree??

What's everybody's suggested touring style after EMM? for EMM-FL at 9 we headed to SM & Buzz hitting breakfast around 9:40. Do people tend to hit Star Tours or ToT/RnR and then go to breakfast??

TIA!

Hiya, DD & I are booked for 1/30! 2 quick things.

All the breakfast food looks delish to me... but DD is a vegetarian and I'm a little worried. She eats some dairy; cheese, no yogurt, no eggs & isn't a fan of egg substitute. Is there going to be anything she'll be able to eat? DO you think they'll let us cobble together tater tots, donuts, & avocado toast as an entree??

What's everybody's suggested touring style after EMM? for EMM-FL at 9 we headed to SM & Buzz hitting breakfast around 9:40. Do people tend to hit Star Tours or ToT/RnR and then go to breakfast??

TIA!

Hi! I am also a vegetarian and I was stuffed after the breakfast! I had lots of fruit and pastries from the buffet and the avocado toast for my entree. My son ordered the scrambled eggs with sweet potato tots and he wasn’t a fan of the tots so I ate those too and they were great! You are able to order as many entrees as you want so you could definitely get the kids scrambled eggs and tater tots too and just not eat the eggs.

Hi everyone! I attended the 9/24 EMM event and it was the highlight of our trip! If you are on the fence I would definitely say go for it! I went with my husband and our two kids ages 1 and 4. It was so great to not have to worry about waiting in lines in the September heat!

We rode Aliens twice, TSM once and slinky 5 times. We also met buzz and woody and Jesse. The only thing I didn’t like about the event was how long the wait was to meet Woody and Jesse. I waited in line with my daughter while my husband took my son on slinky over and over. I think I waited at least 30 minutes to meet them. If meeting the characters isn’t a top priority for you, I would say maybe skip the meet and greet and just do the rides.

Slinky dog was SO much fun and I was so glad we got to ride it so many times!

We all loved the breakfast at abc commissary, some of the best food of the trip. We had the avocado toast and chicken and donuts. The pastries at the buffet were awesome too.

I highly recommend this event! Toy story land was awesome!

It will just be me and my 6 year old. How much was Mears and did they have carseats? Transportation is my main worry with this early morning reservation. I just pulled the trigger!

You have the option to select a car seat. I will forewarn you the car seats are no where near the quality of a minnie van you get what you pay for. But if you are in a pinch they will def work.

I apologize in advance - I didn't read every page in the thread, but read a bunch.

Has there been any indication that the EMM will continue past the current last date of Jan 30th? We will be there at the end of March and booked our ADR's with the thought of Wed, March 27th being our Hollywood Studios day (since most Wednesdays have been EMM days). It seems like it's been pretty successful, so I'm hoping it continues.

Just interested to hear what people think on the chances it extends into March.

No, didn't mean they aren't good. Simply that they are probably not "better" than Uber (if you need a car seat Lyft is not an option)
Did you say your DC is 6, or was that someone else? Have you considered a portable car seat, like a Bubble Bum? This would free you up to use Lyft too

She will be a few months shy of 7. She is definitely booster sized but we have kept her harnessed. I’ll look into the portable options.

She will be a few months shy of 7. She is definitely booster sized but we have kept her harnessed. I’ll look into the portable options.
We did the same with DGD but used the Bubble Bum for traveling and it was great. There's one other well known and highly recommended seat but I forget the name of it now. If you have never checked it out, you may check over the car seat lady website and read over their travel info. It was a great help when we went to LA a couple years ago. Your one hang up may be if you haven't got anywhere to carry it at the park. You'll probably want to stick it in a locker. It's small and light but still not something I'd want to tote around all day.

We did the same with DGD but used the Bubble Bum for traveling and it was great. There's one other well known and highly recommended seat but I forget the name of it now. If you have never checked it out, you may check over the car seat lady website and read over their travel info. It was a great help when we went to LA a couple years ago. Your one hang up may be if you haven't got anywhere to carry it at the park. You'll probably want to stick it in a locker. It's small and light but still not something I'd want to tote around all day.

Bubblegum isn’t approved or available in Canada so not sure I want to go that routes. The mifold has mixed reviews. I might just have to hedge my bets on making the bus.

Do Woody & Jessie come out right at the beginning of the event? We want to make sure to do all the rides and both meet & greets...was wondering if it would be best to try to meet them first.

We have a Bubblebum for travel and it's awesome. It compresses pretty small for what it does, it easily fits in a small backpack with all the other stuff I carry and it's light so I hardly notice it. I believe Florida is a bit more lax on the child booster seat laws, I think they only require for children 5 and under. Of course parents are free to use whatever they want as long as they want!

We are officially booked!

OK, what do you think the chances are of adding some regular breakfast entrées for those of us who are not adventurous eaters. I know that everyone is saying wonderful things about the food, but we are definitely a bacon, sausage, waffle breakfast family. I understand they have scrambled eggs and sweet potato tots for the kids, but we would love regular tater tot‘s. Even if we don’t eat very much, I still think for us it will be “worth it“, I’m just wondering if you think there’s a chance they would add more boring traditional items.

Does anyone know if you can get the avocado toast without the egg? I'm not allergic or anything, just don't care for eggs and hate to waste one.

Thanks!

We are officially booked!

OK, what do you think the chances are of adding some regular breakfast entrées for those of us who are not adventurous eaters. I know that everyone is saying wonderful things about the food, but we are definitely a bacon, sausage, waffle breakfast family. I understand they have scrambled eggs and sweet potato tots for the kids, but we would love regular tater tot‘s. Even if we don’t eat very much, I still think for us it will be “worth it“, I’m just wondering if you think there’s a chance they would add more boring traditional items.
I'd never say never but I wouldn't expect to see the menu change. At least for the first round.
I believe they have finally gotten the hint that you can find regular breakfasts all over the place and this is good for a different option.
I would be nice if they'd add basic bacon and sausage to the buffet area or something. That would go along with everything else on the menu

Thanks to everyone for the reviews. I am both excited and nervous about our December date. My 4 year old doesn't do coasters, but I was hoping that we would be able to do the 3 meet and greets for her, at least one ride on TSM, at least one ride (maybe two because she loves spinning rides) on AS2, and at least 2 rides in on SDD (one for my husband while I wait for characters with her and one for me while he waits with her) in our 1.25 hours. It sounds like that might be possible, but might not be, depending how how busy our date is. I am relieved to know I don't need to switch our time to the 7:00 slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter