Delayed Connection Help

scottishgirl87

DIS Veteran
Well if we get going tomorrow we are most likely going to be delayed!

What do I do at Newark when we will have obviously missed our connection?? Do I just find a Continental desk and explain to see which flight they can put us on?

If that cloud doesnt shift for you I may have to stand and wave pixie dust at it - it won't like that! ;) Are you off first thing in the morning?

Well if we get going tomorrow we are most likely going to be delayed!

What do I do at Newark when we will have obviously missed our connection?? Do I just find a Continental desk and explain to see which flight they can put us on?

Continental will be aware that you have missed the connection and may well have tickets ready for you for the next flight, as you get off. This happened to us last week. However, we then found the next flight was cancelled and the one after that was full, so we were out up in a hotel overnight and got the first flight out the following morning. All sorted out for us by US Airways at Philly.

No need to worry. It does happen all the time. The airline will sort it for you.

If that cloud doesnt shift for you I may have to stand and wave pixie dust at it - it won't like that! ;) Are you off first thing in the morning?

Supposed to be but it'll more likely be afternoon if we get away! Flight today left at 12.35pm (3 and a half hours late) and the one yesterday was something like 7 hours late :scared1:

Tbh, this whole thing has just stressed me out so much I'm wondering around in a daze. Should have been enjoying the excitement of the build-up but I can't. I don't think I'll believe we're getting to go until we land at Newark!

hopefully there will be bright blue skys tomorrow

make sure and have a little extra with you in case of delays coming back

Mums flying to NY on sunday she is all stressed out too

If the flight will already be delayed beforehand, you can contact CO by phone, even before checking in on the flight. They can rebook you on a better connecting flight as soon as your flight schedule changes. This way, you know you're rebooked, you've got the info AND you'll beat a lot of folks making the same connections to it. Most wont think about doing this and wait until they check in at the airport.

This is valid for any type of delay, rebooking etc. Whenever the airline changes things around -for whatever reason- and you've then got a too short connection time (or very long for instance- you can have them rebook you on a better connection. No changing fees or anything.

If the flight will already be delayed beforehand, you can contact CO by phone, even before checking in on the flight. They can rebook you on a better connecting flight as soon as your flight schedule changes. This way, you know you're rebooked, you've got the info AND you'll beat a lot of folks making the same connections to it. Most wont think about doing this and wait until they check in at the airport.

This is valid for any type of delay, rebooking etc. Whenever the airline changes things around -for whatever reason- and you've then got a too short connection time (or very long for instance- you can have them rebook you on a better connection. No changing fees or anything.

Thanks for this, the problem is I don't know exactly how long we'll be delayed for! Like I said today's flight was 3 and a half hours late leaving, yesterday's flight was 7 and a half hours late arriving. So it's pot luck really! I don't want to re-book a new connection and end up late for that as well. Worst comes to worst we'll have to stay overnight at Newark and catch a flight to Orlando in the morning.

Thanks for this, the problem is I don't know exactly how long we'll be delayed for! Like I said today's flight was 3 and a half hours late leaving, yesterday's flight was 7 and a half hours late arriving. So it's pot luck really! I don't want to re-book a new connection and end up late for that as well. Worst comes to worst we'll have to stay overnight at Newark and catch a flight to Orlando in the morning.

What are the actual scheduled times for arriving and departing Newark?

Due to arrive in Newark at 11.25am and depart at 1.29pm. There's several connections after mine though with the latest being 8pm.

So you can't be more than 6 1/2 hours late arriving at Newark. Hmm, have you sussed out the airport hotels there anyway so you don't have to do too much thinking if the worst comes to the worst?

LOL I checked them out yesterday and we don't go till August!! There are loads of hotels listed on Newark airport's website. :thumbsup2

Good Luck hun hope it shifts!! your goin to have a great holiday! xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter