Delayed 2021 Reopening

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
Do you want to go when it first reopens or wait till things are better?
As soon as is allowed I will go. I did 3 visits with Covid restrictions last year, and everything was arranged just fine.
I do think they will reopen with hotels, as DLP cannot survive on the locals alone.

SuperMuscleMan

Superman Cosplayer, Filmaker, Gym & Rugby Dude
As soon as is allowed I will go. I did 3 visits with Covid restrictions last year, and everything was arranged just fine.
I do think they will reopen with hotels, as DLP cannot survive on the locals alone.
It maybe a case like over here that hotels will be allowed secondary. Theme parks can open on April 12th along with self catering units for one family (no mixing). Hotels can open on May 17th.

standardgirl

believing in magic
DVC Gold
I suppose there are two questions - DLP re-opening and the COVID-19 status of the greater Paris region in terms of other countries requiring quarantine. I just can't see ourselves (and many others) going even if DLP reopens if it means we'll have to quarantine upon return :(

SuperMuscleMan

So with the new lockdowns announced on 31/3/21 for a month (minimum). DLP won't be opening until may at the earliest. However with a staggered reopen if this lockdown works we could be on for late June/July?

What's your thoughts?

Personally late August now after the vaccine fiasco and the huge spike in numbers and variants.

SuperMuscleMan

Some bad news I'm afraid... The Newspaper 'Le Parisien' thinks that Disneyland Paris will not reopen until June (at the earliest) due to its 50% reliance on international Guests who may not be able to visit until then.

Personally now with the 3rd wave and terrible EU vaccine rollout I still think it's August.

NashvilleMama

Mouseketeer
Personally now with the 3rd wave and terrible EU vaccine rollout I still think it's August.
We were super optimistic and booked flights (from US) in October....I'm not feeling great about it but at least they're refundable. Fingers crossed for everyone involved, been hoping for the best for everyone living there as it looks pretty tough right now. :(

tink2424

Registered
We were super optimistic and booked flights (from US) in October....I'm not feeling great about it but at least they're refundable. Fingers crossed for everyone involved, been hoping for the best for everyone living there as it looks pretty tough right now. :(
I'm in the same boat but I'm not planning on going to DLP but Europa Park. I also have refundable tickets. Let's hope that things are going well enough in Europe for travel to be allowed there. :sunny:

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES