Delayed 2021 Reopening

I think France is ignoring the levels and just opening up anyway.
With the unstable position the government is in and France having one of the lowest willingness to get vaccinated of Europe. It would surprise me if the government would now suddenly say: "Oh no, our mistake, you can open up."
All I can see is that as per the 9th they will base the amount of guests in themeparks on the size of the parks. For DLP 5000 people is only 10%.

With the unstable position the government is in and France having one of the lowest willingness to get vaccinated of Europe. It would surprise me if the government would now suddenly say: "Oh no, our mistake, you can open up."
All I can see is that as per the 9th they will base the amount of guests in themeparks on the size of the parks. For DLP 5000 people is only 10%.
Personal opinion and speaking to French Friends says that they are worried that it's all opening to quickly.

Disneyland Paris has a reopening date! They are aiming for the 17th of June. This was announced this morning to the employees. More details will follow later today.
So they will not reopen as 'a park only, no rides', they won't reopen to only have 5000 guests a day on the 9th.

The World of Disney store in Disney Village will reopen next weekend on the 22nd of May.

Also, the reimagination of Hotel New York into the Art of Marvel Hotel is done and we have an opening date! 21st of June, Reservations start 18th of June.
At reopening, Hotel New Port Bay and Santa Fe will be available. Cheyenne will follow in the 1st of July. David Crocket Ranch 13 July

*Edit*

After 1 hour on hold, I have changed my reservation for Jun 12th to June 18th. We are bumped up to New Port Bay without paying anything extra for what we had paid originally for Santa Fe in March 2021. As we are AP holders, we normally book a hotel room only. But with the reservation system we couldn't get park tickets for our days in March and went for a package deal to have guaranteed entrance.

The woman on the phone said they do not know yet how many people will be let in, whether that's 5000 or more. There will be social distancing, there will be a mask mandate.

Last edited:
I really don't see how June 17th France is so far behind in terms of vaccines. I would not be booking any trips from the UK as France is an orange zone and the government have said orange zones are not for holidays.

All I can see is this is going to end badly. I will cautiously plan my trip for September. Great for locals bit for international travelers I would avoid.

I really don't see how June 17th France is so far behind in terms of vaccines. I would not be booking any trips from the UK as France is an orange zone and the government have said orange zones are not for holidays.

All I can see is this is going to end badly. I will cautiously plan my trip for September. Great for locals bit for international travelers I would avoid.
Different countries have different ideas about what will work for their people. The British culture made it that the government thinks it's wise to wait.
I wouldn't say France is behind, the UK is ahead.
The average in the EU is 31,4% vaccinated, 12,9% has two doses. France is at 30% and 13,4%
Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Austria are all in the 30% and 10-14%, and they are all opening up in different ways. Spain is letting in public at football matches. As of Wednesday theme parks will reopen here in NL as well, gyms, indoor swimming pools.
I think France is very cautious, the figures are plummeting, but they are still waiting one more month at Disneyland Paris.

We have more news.
- 28000 guests per day, which is about 50%.
- Masks for everyone over 6 years old (last year that was as of 13, I think?)
- We will have pop up parades from the Stars & Cars parade.
- The new Disney Junior show, the Dream Factory, will start as of the 1st.
- New York Style Sandwiches, Toad Hall, Fuente Del Oro , Auberge de Cendrillon, Silver Spur Steakhouse & Walt's - an American Restaurant will be closed.
- Disney Village will open from 16:00 - 21:00, Anette's Diner will also be open during the afternoon.
- Opening hours at opening: Disneyland Park 9:30 - 20:00, Magical Hours 8:30 - 9:30, Walt Disney Studios 9:30 - 18:00, no Magical Hours.
3 July - 3 September Disneyland Park will be open till 21:00.
- No fireworks

In France @Karin1984 do they have much of the Indian variant?
According to Google:
- last week 24 cases in France of the Indian Variant. The Indian community in France is about 19K people.
- UK has about 2.3K cases of the Indian Variant and an Indian community of 1.4 million people, which is the biggest of Europe, I think?

One last bit of news from Disneyland Paris. The reservation system opened today. The site was overloaded almost immediately. According to social media the opening day was sold out in six minutes. For now till mid-September all weekends are gone, and the entire month of August. My guess is they blocked all the weekends, 14 July and August to release them at a later date.

According to Google:
- last week 24 cases in France of the Indian Variant. The Indian community in France is about 19K people.
- UK has about 2.3K cases of the Indian Variant and an Indian community of 1.4 million people, which is the biggest of Europe, I think?
It does not just effect Indian people! Plus UK is doing gene sequences on everyone (hence lots found in UK - UK doing more than whole of EU) so worried it's going to create a 4th wave. Great news it's so popular!

It does not just effect Indian people! Plus UK is doing gene sequences on everyone (hence lots found in UK - UK doing more than whole of EU) so worried it's going to create a 4th wave. Great news it's so popular!
I didn't mean that it only affects people from India, but more how the variants enter a country. Due to the strong ties between the UK and India it makes sense that the variant is more spread in the UK. More people travel back and forth between the UK and India for work or for family because of this.

For the Netherlands we have large communities from Turkey, Morocco, Surinam and the Dutch Antilles. If a dangerous variant starts here, chances of it spreading more in the Netherlands are higher than the rest of Europe. Although France also has a history with Morocco.

One last bit of news from Disneyland Paris. The reservation system opened today. The site was overloaded almost immediately. According to social media the opening day was sold out in six minutes. For now till mid-September all weekends are gone, and the entire month of August. My guess is they blocked all the weekends, 14 July and August to release them at a later date.
Thanks for this info. We have annual passes and & hoping we can get out there for a week in August so I tried to book a week of reservations in August this afternoon. I was able to get the Mon-Fri but thought I had missed out on the Sat-Sun reservations. If they were in fact blocked then hopefully I can get them when they release the dates. Do you possibly have any ideas when you think they will release the weekend dates ?

Thanks for this info. We have annual passes and & hoping we can get out there for a week in August so I tried to book a week of reservations in August this afternoon. I was able to get the Mon-Fri but thought I had missed out on the Sat-Sun reservations. If they were in fact blocked then hopefully I can get them when they release the dates. Do you possibly have any ideas when you think they will release the weekend dates ?
To be honest, I have no idea. I have read last night some stories of people who have been able to reserve tickets with their AP for August. It was only peculiar because summer holidays in France are basically July and August. All that was grey was July 14th, a national holiday, and August. This made me think they were blocking tickets.

Now that I think of it, I am not sure if it was clear I was talking about AP holder reservations... Sorr if I caused confusion!

Either way, what I can imagine happening is that they block certain days/weekends in the hope that they can increase park capacity in Late July / August.

Hi Karin. Thanks very much for the reply . No confusion at all . Yes I pretty much saw the same for AP reservations. I did manage to book AP reservations for 16-20 August but I couldn’t see any weekend reservations either as I wanted 21-22 August too. Then when I looked later all of August had gone !! Like you say hopefully they will release some more availability for AP holders for these dates. Thanks again

Hi Karin. Thanks very much for the reply . No confusion at all . Yes I pretty much saw the same for AP reservations. I did manage to book AP reservations for 16-20 August but I couldn’t see any weekend reservations either as I wanted 21-22 August too. Then when I looked later all of August had gone !! Like you say hopefully they will release some more availability for AP holders for these dates. Thanks again
I have a package deal for the 18th of June, really happy with it now, when I saw the frenzy yesterday. And I have made reservations for some days in September, just to secure some dates. Capacity has to be up by then, maybe but they might keep the reservation system for a bit longer.

I could not get reservation and am really upset about it. I refreshed the page the whole day, to see if they had opened up bookings. But sometimes people gotta eat, and you know, have a life, and when I looked about an hour later, nothing available for June, July, August. Everyting booked up until Sep 1st.
I get why people are angry about the limited availability. People pay a lot of money for an annual pass that they can't use for several months when you can't get a reservation.
They should have limited the amount of days one can book as I've read people making lots of bookings to decide which ones to keep.
Even at WDW with 4 parks you can only reserve 3 days unless you stay onsite.

Has anyone spoken with DLP about the multi-day tickets that are valid for one year. I believe thex extended them to Sept 30th months ago. They need to extend them further. I bought our last July, this gave us only 6/7 months to use tickets valid for 12 months. Where the only option now to use them is during the summer peak seasonn, where the dates we can go are not available. I am thinking of fighting for a refund. This is rediculus.

I just booked a hotel+tickets package for the end of June :teeth:
It would be our first visit, and we'll already be in Europe at the time.
Staying at Disney's Newport Bay Club, 3 nights 4 days. Weekdays; whenever I put in dates that would go over the weekends, it showed not available.

Staying at Disney's Newport Bay Club, 3 nights 4 days. Weekdays; whenever I put in dates that would go over the weekends, it showed not available.

Have a fantastic time! pixiedust:

Has anyone spoken with DLP about the multi-day tickets that are valid for one year. I believe thex extended them to Sept 30th months ago. They need to extend them further. I bought our last July, this gave us only 6/7 months to use tickets valid for 12 months. Where the only option now to use them is during the summer peak seasonn, where the dates we can go are not available. I am thinking of fighting for a refund. This is rediculus.

Did you call them yet?

Congratulations! :) Maybe not the best time for a first visit, but limited Disney is better than no Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter