Delayed 2021 Reopening

Do you want to go when it first reopens or wait till things are better?
As soon as is allowed I will go. I did 3 visits with Covid restrictions last year, and everything was arranged just fine.
I do think they will reopen with hotels, as DLP cannot survive on the locals alone.

As soon as is allowed I will go. I did 3 visits with Covid restrictions last year, and everything was arranged just fine.
I do think they will reopen with hotels, as DLP cannot survive on the locals alone.
It maybe a case like over here that hotels will be allowed secondary. Theme parks can open on April 12th along with self catering units for one family (no mixing). Hotels can open on May 17th.

I suppose there are two questions - DLP re-opening and the COVID-19 status of the greater Paris region in terms of other countries requiring quarantine. I just can't see ourselves (and many others) going even if DLP reopens if it means we'll have to quarantine upon return :(

So with the new lockdowns announced on 31/3/21 for a month (minimum). DLP won't be opening until may at the earliest. However with a staggered reopen if this lockdown works we could be on for late June/July?

What's your thoughts?

Personally late August now after the vaccine fiasco and the huge spike in numbers and variants.

Some bad news I'm afraid... The Newspaper 'Le Parisien' thinks that Disneyland Paris will not reopen until June (at the earliest) due to its 50% reliance on international Guests who may not be able to visit until then.

Personally now with the 3rd wave and terrible EU vaccine rollout I still think it's August.

Personally now with the 3rd wave and terrible EU vaccine rollout I still think it's August.

We were super optimistic and booked flights (from US) in October....I'm not feeling great about it but at least they're refundable. Fingers crossed for everyone involved, been hoping for the best for everyone living there as it looks pretty tough right now. :(

We were super optimistic and booked flights (from US) in October....I'm not feeling great about it but at least they're refundable. Fingers crossed for everyone involved, been hoping for the best for everyone living there as it looks pretty tough right now. :(
I'm in the same boat but I'm not planning on going to DLP but Europa Park. I also have refundable tickets. Let's hope that things are going well enough in Europe for travel to be allowed there. :sunny:

Booked for end of August, so hoping for some pixiedust: but if it doesn't come off will be happy to postpone for a Christmas break instead.

Disneyland Paris is working on the entertainment for the reopening (whenever that may be ;-) ):
-We will get a new song
- Minnie's Spring Train will return to ride around Alice in Wonderland characters
- Shows & Characters spots will be gradually reintroduced. DLP wants to relaunch the shows as quickly, but also as safely as possible
- More characters (they say '50', but how they will do that... the Character Soiree a few years ago with 100 characters was a disaster :P ). We do know that for the reopening we will get to see some characters in rare costumes like Chip & Dale in their Indian outfits from Jungle Book Jive.
- Videopolis will host the character spots for Star Wars characters
- Cruella will be in The Studios
- The princesses will be in Fantasyland.

General: In the coming years we will get more shows featuring Pixar, Star Wars & Marvel.
Source: ED92

I would prefer new rides and attractions in the castle park. Is it a French government thing where they have to employ more staff so that's why DLP just gets more shows and characters (or the staff strike)? Rather than hardwear investment that will add to the parks value. It's been so long since a new ride was actually built in the castle park it's getting silly.

I would prefer new rides and attractions in the castle park. Is it a French government thing where they have to employ more staff so that's why DLP just gets more shows and characters (or the staff strike)? Rather than hardwear investment that will add to the parks value. It's been so long since a new ride was actually built in the castle park it's getting silly.

The long term plan was to invest in the Studios park as it has been under invested since when it opened. They opened it early as they needed money coming in.

In Disneyland Paris we will get a new selfie spot for Anna & Elsa in Frozen II outfits. While I am excited for new / more character opportunities. I do not like the costumes... the actress playing Anna always looks pregnant and for Elsa, the white wig just always looks fake.

I dont understand why it is so hard for this movie to get costumes down a little bit more flattering. Elsa's dress from movie 1 always makes the actress look heavy at the top, her arm and back always look bigger than they are.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1631651273691565&id=158548457668528

A bit of a strange message on ED92 Facebook's page. Translated from French to English.

According to the national deconfinement schedule unveiled in the press, Disneyland Paris would be able to open its doors no later than June 30.
A perspective that remains however subject to continued health improvement and awaiting the official opening date of the destination.

Selon le calendrier de déconfinement national dévoilé à l'instant dans la presse,
Disneyland Paris
serait en mesure d'ouvrir ses portes au plus tard à compter du 30 juin prochain.
Une perspective qui reste cependant soumise à une poursuite de l'amélioration sanitaire et en attente de la date d'ouverture officielle de la destination.

It's more than a week ago that the French government announced lifting some measures from early or mid May. To now send a message that the latest the park will reopen will be June 30th...
Not sure what to make of it.

I still have a ticket reservation mid May that's not cancelled yet, so still keeping hope ;-) And otherwise I have more reservations for this year.
Strangely enough, also today I received a message from Booking.com where I made my hotel reservation for May. The message was that the park couldn't reopen on 2nd of April and that they hope they will reopen soon (no date mentioned), and that I can change my reservation to any date, except Xmas, till March 2022.

Something is going on...

** EDIT**
Just saw: there was an announcement today from France, that as of:
19th of May terraces, stores, museums, restaurants can open again for outdoor, with conditions, curfew to 21:00
9th of June also indoor dining and curfew to 23:00
30th of June no more curfew and events with 1000 people possible again.

Last edited:
A bit of a strange message on ED92 Facebook's page. Translated from French to English.

According to the national deconfinement schedule unveiled in the press, Disneyland Paris would be able to open its doors no later than June 30.
A perspective that remains however subject to continued health improvement and awaiting the official opening date of the destination.

Selon le calendrier de déconfinement national dévoilé à l'instant dans la presse,
Disneyland Paris
serait en mesure d'ouvrir ses portes au plus tard à compter du 30 juin prochain.
Une perspective qui reste cependant soumise à une poursuite de l'amélioration sanitaire et en attente de la date d'ouverture officielle de la destination.

It's more than a week ago that the French government announced lifting some measures from early or mid May. To now send a message that the latest the park will reopen will be June 30th...
Not sure what to make of it.

I still have a ticket reservation mid May that's not cancelled yet, so still keeping hope ;-) And otherwise I have more reservations for this year.
Strangely enough, also today I received a message from Booking.com where I made my hotel reservation for May. The message was that the park couldn't reopen on 2nd of April and that they hope they will reopen soon (no date mentioned), and that I can change my reservation to any date, except Xmas, till March 2022.

Something is going on...

** EDIT**
Just saw: there was an announcement today from France, that as of:
19th of May terraces, stores, museums, restaurants can open again for outdoor, with conditions, curfew to 21:00
9th of June also indoor dining and curfew to 23:00
30th of June no more curfew and events with 1000 people possible again.
My hotel in Val Europe for last week of May ( Adagio ) cancelled my reservation yesterday. Again trip cancelled for the 4 time. Crazy.

There is sort of news about Disneyland Paris. Almost 2 weeks ago, France announced a plan for easing the measures. But Disneyland Paris hasn't reacted officially yet. Some fansites picked up what is on the table:

As of 19 May they could reopen, but rides cannot open and only outdoor dining. So it would be treated as other real parks.
As of 9 June they could reopen, but only to 5000 people a day + proof of vaccination or a negative test.
As of 30 June they could reopen in full, but the proof of vaccination or negative test would be a requirement.

The themeparks in France did not respond well to the vaccinations or negative test to be allowed entry as they cannot really check if documents are real. What if people have travelled from the other side of the country, what about children who do not get vaccinated yet.

France announced a plan
I'm keeping an eye on French websites as well, as we're supposed to be travelling to DLP on 25 July and then onwards to Paris. Some mixed signals there, whereas the Musée d'Orsay opened up its online ticket system today, the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower have not.
proof of vaccination or negative test
Hoping that that would be the European Digital Green Certificate. That way it should be easy enough to check.

Last edited:
ED92 announced that Disneyland Paris will present their reopening plans on May 17th at 11 Paris time to their employees and to the public in the afternoon.
I think France is ignoring the levels and just opening up anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!